MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
As I'd hoped someone might figure out from my previous posts today, I've had access to a pre-release copy of the PC version of DBC14 - to assist in testing, give feedback and play.

Ross has let me tell people about it, so I did just that...

Forgive the quality of my voice over, much respect to the YouTubers who do that kind of thing frequently, clearly I can't.

Edit: A second look at patch 2

Last edited:
can you edit default fields now

were there more edges when you bowl to AI

Do AI play less aerial now

etc etc etc

So start career at age 16, 21, 26 or 31 and you can gain skill points in nets in your career mode. Cool! Also hawkeye available in replays.

Is there ability to change the field in Practice match?? The field change is must as the set field is too easy to bat on....

First off, general disclaimer - posts represent what I have found while playing. Maybe you play differently and might have issues I've missed, I can't account for that.

etc etc etc
No, default fields can't be edited.

Edges are vastly improved - they happen more frequently, and carry more often than not. I've gotten some amazing catches off the edge, including at first slip.

I find the AI to be better in pretty much every regard. I can't judge how well they are bowling to me, because I'm not good enough at batting to be really pushing it - but for bowling, it's harder to get wickets - especially on Pro difficulty - In my experience they've put a stop to being able to roll teams for 10. Basically, Pro feels like Veteran but with more forgiving controls.

A much lower proportion of my wickets are coming from outfield catches, and of those remaining, they are more spread around the ground, instead of just at mid-on.

The fatigue issue is fixed and when you get fatigued, the range is nowhere near as dramatic.

Is there ability to change the field in Practice match?? The field change is must as the set field is too easy to bat on....
No.

Date of release??

@Dutch : Sorry made the same mistake of asking the date...

Last edited:
@MattW
Since youtube is inaccessible still here in Pakistan, can you please type all that for likes of us.

@MattW

1. Is there still the dramatic change in speed between Fastest 158km/h ball and slow ball 98km/h when bowling with Steyn for example.
2. I presume you cannot "test" Online as there will be no one to play with at this point , or have yourself and BA managed to connect and test out all the changes there ?
3. Is the under powered Sweep shots more powerfull now or not.

----------

@MattW
Since youtube is inaccessible still here in Pakistan, can you please type all that for likes of us.

Poor bastards :p:p

I presume you cannot "test" Online as there will be no one to play with at this point or have yourself and BA managed to connect and test out all the changes there ?
you can always count me in for that @Ross @MattW, but i think he would have tried online with ross or BA team already.

The field placements right at the end of the video are promising. Especially if the edges have been overhauled to the extent Matt has alluded to.

With regards to sweep, it is pertinent to mention here that there is no slog sweep in game so I don't know if power could be added without change in animation which HBK has ruled out previously. I would be more interested to know if fine sweep has been added. I doubt that though.

Users who are viewing this thread