A first look at patch 2! [new video on page 29]

can we play with International Teams in Career mode or is that being held off till Patch 3? Just wondering.

Thanks. :)

can we play with International Teams in Career mode or is that being held off till Patch 3? Just wondering.

Thanks. :)

You play for and against intl teams in career mode when your career player gets selected for his national team.

You play for and against intl teams in career mode when your career player gets selected for his national team.

Thanks, but I was wondering how could a player play for Pakistan when they don't have a domestic side in the game. I am just wondering. :) Is there an option to start for the national side in career mode. I thought it was one of things to be added in the future patches during the days of the first patch was be released.

Thanks in advance. :)

Last edited:
Thanks, but I was wondering how could a player play for Pakistan when they don't have a domestic side in the game. I am just wondering. :) Is there an option to start for the national side in career mode. I thought it was one of things to be added in the future patches during the days of the first patch was be released.

You can play for the Pakistan national team but domestically have to play for a UK or Aus team, unless someone has made the Pakistani teams which you can add to the game instead.

That is what I am talking about here too: http://www.planetcricket.org/forums/don-bradman-cricket-14-forum/post-your-questions-about-game-here-81757-935.html#post2784235 it will be one more good feature in this game, if we can see players starting their careers in countries other than Aus and Eng. But I have feeling Bigant might already be working on it or have it on their to-do list. ;)

@The_Pharoah don't be such a baby with all the passive aggressive crap.

lol whats life without a bit of spice? :yes My point is, I've been run out in this fashion when I have pressed cancel run and when I didn't press cancel run. This may all be a moot point anyway as HBK (I think) has mentioned that run outs have been 'fixed' although I'll have to see it to believe it.

lol whats life without a bit of spice? :yes My point is, I've been run out in this fashion when I have pressed cancel run and when I didn't press cancel run. This may all be a moot point anyway as HBK (I think) has mentioned that run outs have been 'fixed' although I'll have to see it to believe it.
That one, specifically, is definitely fixed. :)

Playing career mode in other nations.

To play with Pakistan I dont think it would be realistic if a 16 year old played for Pakistan before playing for a domestic team.

Playing career mode in other nations.

To play with Pakistan I dont think it would be realistic if a 16 year old played for Pakistan before playing for a domestic team.

really? Shahid afridi and Hasan Raza were that age when they started playing international cricket, were they not?

I'm guessing it's the playing international cricket before 1st class/list A cricket that's the issue :lol

Matt in career, does your players order change if you play well or constantly play bad.

I want this in the game so bad!

I haven't played any one career long enough to be moved, but if it's not listed in the changelog then it probably doesn't happen at all. A shame, but probably harder to program than people would think.

Matt in career, does your players order change if you play well or constantly play bad.

I want this in the game so bad!

I don't really see why. It doesn't tend to happen in real cricket. Most batsmen have a set batting number, if you play constantly badly you would be dropped.
If your batting career started earlier on in life, at school for instance, it would be a good idea to achieve your selected batting position by improving your skills but as you get thrown straight in at county level, I'm assuming that you have already achieved the best batting position to suit your style.
I think you should have the option to start at any batting position when you start your career. If you don't cut the mustard, you go back to the nets and play 2nd XI fixtures.

I think if you start as a batting all rounder and your bowling is more successful than your batting( as it is for most in the game) then your player should become a bowling all rounder and drop down accordingly, one way it could be implemented is if the batting line up went something like: 1-3 batsman 4-6 batting all rounder 7-9 bowling all rounder 10-11 bowler. Your stats would determine where you should be in that list, as it does when you create a player in the academy.

The career mode is incredibly simplistic in that regard. The lineups never change, and hence there will still be Chris Rogers opening the batting after 20 years. All of the suggestions you are making are good for the next version, or maybe some DLC, but for now there isn't much point looking at the "world" around you in career mode because it is static.

Users who are viewing this thread