A first look at patch 2! [new video on page 29]

If I spoke French, I probably would have explained that I was still waiting on it processing.

Anyway, the video is finally uploaded -
my description on YouTube said:
The AI chasing a simulated target has been much requested.

Obviously I play pretty badly at parts - as I primarily play the career mode, I'm not particularly good at adjusting to the different bowler types - my spin is awful and I can't really get the pattern right for medium pace.

The match is being played on Veteran difficulty on the PC version of the game, with auto fielding. I've had beta access to it - trying to find bugs and other issues before the game is released on the 26th.

You also see some of the modifications that the PC version makes possible - some logo changes and new kit designs. I forgot to go and change the pad colours over for England, but I'm a particular fan of the Australian kit.

Apologies for video quality - I'll need to upload this overnight pretty much in order to get it uploaded even at this quality level. It was that or cut it down heavily.

Video here:

As I post this, it's only in 360p, but I uploaded in 720p so it will be in HD soon - blame YouTube.

Last edited:
This is brilliant. Thanks so much @MattW for posting this!

The AI batting looks lightyears better than anything I've seen pre-patch 2, and I've been bowling on Legend difficulty (batting at Pro though:)).

Can't wait for the patch to arrive.

On the one hand I agree. On the other hand edges, those beautiful Jimmy Anderson induced "swing it in, swing it in, swing it in, swing it in, swing it OUT" slipcatches, slip misses and mix ups, those "oh why did I just move third slip out" moments are so unique to cricket, so absolutely gobsmackingly beautiful that when they are not there in sufficient amount in a game portraying it, it does leave a very visble gaping hole in an otherwise beautiful picture......

I feel the answer is the pitches Dutch, just look at the WI vs NZ test on now. Nothing there for the pace men and also the age of the ball and the weather. PS I would also love the gloves to be added in patch 3 as on a hard pitch will make short bowling worth it.

England batting superbly. I mean they are firing straightaway :eek:

ps I have seen only 3 overs so far :p

Great video. I watched bits and pieces of it, all the wickets, and then the last 6 or so overs. I had it on in the background and it really looked like television and I was getting right into the game. Not sure about the decision to keep Bailey going!

Nice video but this Odi jersey of england is not available now. It will change automatically?

Last edited by a moderator:
Loving this game, the running b/w the wickets is really good now and perfect building of partnerships. It would be really great if the commentators spell the player names often or atleast when x came into bowling or when they got to 50/taken wkt , and mentioning regularly while they are batting. Except that a perfect game. At 4.6 the dive at the boundry line -amazing.

Watching the vid now, So far so good i guess, 1 thing i still don't like is the batsmen turning shaking his head before being given out for LBW's. Takes away a little waiting for the decision. Also for LBW's doesn't it show the hawkeye in the replays once given out after no review? going to get annoying after a while keep going through the menus.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread