AC09 Player Editor - V1.0 in first post

I think it's a licensing issue so no.

barmyarmy added 12 Minutes and 22 Seconds later...

thanks for all your good work on this barmy

i want to play using my battrick and from the pavilion teams hehe

i know i could just edit it manually but im sure i wouldnt be the only one interested

ive written a parser for battrick before, and from the pavilion lets you export your squad as xml, if your editor had a squad import that took a csv or something, all i would have to do is come up with a formula to make equivalent stats

i could have something like batting in bt tied to placement and strength in ashes09
so strong batting gives 60 in each of these
then say his concentration in bt is superb, the formula will give him say 65 pts in both timing and judgement etc

so all user would have to do is get their squad as html(or xml from ftp), plug that into my as yet nonexistant bt/ftp2ac09 converter, which would spit out a file formatted to work with your editor, they import that sucker then start slogging away with their latest youth pull

am i mad or could it work , i would love to carry some bt rivalries to 3d lol

Certainly doable but I've not got a lot of spare time atm and there are other things like batch editing higher up the wishlist. When I write import/export I'll do an XML version.

When i change murali, harbhajan, botha action to off spin fast 1 and save it changes it back to off spin fast 2
Please help
Matt105

It was a display problem, the actions were actually changing. Now fixed in 1.0.0.4.

I can put Bond and Tuffey into the NZ test squad from set 1 and its fine when I edit their skills, but when I edit their stats to make them what they are the game doesnt load at the start. I push enter and it just has the loading screen repeating over and over, is there a way to fix this?

Yup. Can you post your roster before you change it and then tell me exactly what you changed to make it not work.

can someone give me stats for players please.
tim paine
shane bond
mohammed aamer
joe denly
tim bresnan
jon trott
graham onions
liam plunkett
plz

Yup. Can you post your roster before you change it and then tell me exactly what you changed to make it not work.

It was the v1.51 NZ test squad. I took out Brendon Diamante and Ewen Thompson, and put in Bond and Tuffey from set 1, saved that - works. Changed Tuffey's bowling skills from 71 to 80 - works.
Then when I try to change the stats of both - the number of games/wickets etc. to make them real - got them from cricinfo and saved that, the game doesnt load anymore. So to play I can have tuffey and bond in the team but they cant have real stats, it has tuffey at like 22 games and a batting average of 37 and highscore of 133 or something, and stuff like that lol.

It was the v1.51 NZ test squad. I took out Brendon Diamante and Ewen Thompson, and put in Bond and Tuffey from set 1, saved that - works. Changed Tuffey's bowling skills from 71 to 80 - works.
Then when I try to change the stats of both - the number of games/wickets etc. to make them real - got them from cricinfo and saved that, the game doesnt load anymore. So to play I can have tuffey and bond in the team but they cant have real stats, it has tuffey at like 22 games and a batting average of 37 and highscore of 133 or something, and stuff like that lol.

Which stats did you change specifically?

Which stats did you change specifically?

It's whenever I change any of the stats. I just filled out the list as its easy coz its in the order that cricinfo has - batting balls faced, runs etc. It didn't matter if I changed just one or all of the stats it would have the same outcome. It might be doing something to the USER.DAT that doesn't allow the game to load I dunno lol.

I'm just making do with the stats that are already on it even though they arnt accurate - Bond averaging 29 with the ball in ODI's instead of 20.38 or whatever.

An interesting problem with an interesting solution!
The roster stores 3 kinds of players licensed (set 1), unlicensed (set 2) and custom. It appears that editing some of the stats of licensed players upsets the game. I was able to edit high score and BBI but not runs scored. The fix is to change the licensed players into unlicensed players by changing a value. This is pretty simple so I'll add it in as soon as I can.
Incidentally this is also the reason that some players appear with their full name rather than just an initial.

The roster stores 3 kinds of players licensed (set 1), unlicensed (set 2) and custom. It appears that editing some of the stats of licensed players upsets the game. I was able to edit high score and BBI but not runs scored. The fix is to change the licensed players into unlicensed players by changing a value. This is pretty simple so I'll add it in as soon as I can.
Incidentally this is also the reason that some players appear with their full name rather than just an initial.

When will it be done (Today)?

Brilliant, Thanks man

When do you think it will get fixed?

The reason I was holding off a bit was that I wasn't sure whether to put in some error handling and stop all stats of licensed players from being edited. In the end I decided not to as I don't know enough about what's causing the errors. Can Aus and Eng be edited? Which fields can be edited? etc
What I've done then in 1.0.1.0 is add in a player type combo on the personal tab that will allow you to change the player type to unlicensed and then edit the stats without corrupting the roster.

It seems that editing the unlicensed players upsets things too.

I edited stats for a player in Set 2 and it corrupted the next player (image attached).

Then when I load the game up it uses Set 1, which has all the wrong player names.

Attachments

• cricket.jpg
    cricket.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 42

Users who are viewing this thread