Adam Gilchrist's book (merged threads)

Harbhajan Singh has hit back at Adam Gilchrist’s comments on Sachin Tendulkar and said that Gilchrist was not respected anyway due to his own on-field behaviour. Gilchrist labelled as a “joke” the evidence Tendulkar gave in January during the hearing into Harbhajan’s alleged racist remarks against Andrew Symonds.

“He should not be talking about Sachin. It is all rubbish," Harbhajan told the Age. "We don't respect him. He pretends to be a saint and people say he walks when he nicks, but why did he appeal when batsmen don't nick?

Harbhajan is wasting time. No one is going to listen to him. He doesnt have the reputation nor respect for people to give importance nor listen to his words.

saisrini80 added 3 Minutes and 52 Seconds later...

I so hope we clean Bhaji up so bad. Just knock all three of his stumps out of the ground first ball he faces. Before showing him who is boss. That would make my week.:D

Well, ask Hayden how it felt when he was going so red hot and was looking like taking Australia to victory on the 4th day evening itself when Bhajji brought such a big downfall that you guys were shown the harsh new reality.:D

saisrini80 added 3 Minutes and 37 Seconds later...

John Wright > Adam Gilchrist? Hmm.

Hmm WHAT? Yes, I respect John Wright more than Gilchrist. Respect not only comes to due to the actions, but its also the way that one conducts himself, the way he answers, the way he talks, etc. I do respect Wright more than Gilchrist.

zMario said:
Just please, stop the crap. Do whatever you want with Tendulkar. But stop saying that we, the rest of the world, consider him to be iconic with a "God". Not even 75% of the non-Indian contingent of this forum consider him to be of that class.

When did you become the rest of the world??? When did the 75% of the non-Indian contingent here become that much percent of the rest of the world? You cut your crap first, before asking others to cut theirs.

saisrini80 added 1 Minutes and 23 Seconds later...

As much as good sportsman Tendulkar is, he has not been impeccable or perfect by any means. He's had several controversies in the past(although, mostly minor) such as ball-tampering charges which wre dropped agian after pressure from the Indian public! and I cringe when people claim him to be perfect.

He has been more close to perfect and impeccable than MANY other cricketers in world cricket.

saisrini80 added 1 Minutes and 32 Seconds later...

Fixed it. ;)
You can never say that any player won any world cup,not at least in my knowledge.And Australia won the 3 world cups is not good enough argument to prove your point that Gilly is a better player and person than Sachin though I am not interested to discuss at all that who is better?

Yeah, as if Sachin is the only guy who plays for India and wins or loses World Cups for them.

Also, just please stop writing crap. You call India a "secular country"? How the hell is a country that was split up due to religon secular? Surely the most secular country in the world is the United States, with the very first amendment being the freedom of religon.
India is secular. The country was not split up due to religion, it was split up because the English had tried to use religion as a divide-and-conquer mechanism. The two religions would have existed peacefully in India as they have been for the most part of the last 50-odd years. Of course, with heightening terrorist attacks and extremists, this is being challenged, but there are still portions of India that are so Islamic that calling India "hindu" is extremely inaccurate. And lastly, it is easy to simplify this into percentages. India is third on the list of most populous Islamic nations.

And the US is definitely not secular. Any country which has the words "In God We Trust" written on their currency cannot possibly be secular. What the US is much more developed and much more safer. But you still see hate crimes against certain citizens based on their religion.

And besides, 80% of India is Hinduism, 78.4% of adults in the USA said they were Christian (2007)
And 45% of statistics are made up on the spot. There is no point quoting statistics when they have no relevance. It doesn't add anything to your argument and definitely does not make it more accurate.

Just please, stop the crap. Do whatever you want with Tendulkar. But stop saying that we, the rest of the world, consider him to be iconic with a "God". Not even 75% of the non-Indian contingent of this forum consider him to be of that class.
If you actually read, you would understand what Cricketman meant with regards to "God". Did you completely ignore the whole "King" example because you didn't want to miss another opportunity to bag Tendulkar?

sohummisra added 3 Minutes and 54 Seconds later...

Gilly Responds Quick :eek:

Read
I thought the Indian media were bad but it seems the Australian media take it to a whole new level. It was obviously the journos in the newspaper that reviewed the book who saw an opportunity to fuel some more India-hate. And we know certain members of this forum cannot resist the opportunity to consume some of that hate-orade.

lol this thread is the most HOT & HAPPENING thread at the moment

7 pages/half a day

sohummisra said:
I thought the Indian media were bad but it seems the Australian media take it to a whole new level. It was obviously the journos in the newspaper that reviewed the book who saw an opportunity to fuel some more India-hate. And we know certain members of this forum cannot resist the opportunity to consume some of that hate-orade.
Most newspapers are happy to twist a quote their way, The Age is generally one of the better ones, unlike the Herald Sun.

He is a weed, what more can be expected from him ? He is always involved in crap. The most disgusting thing he recnetly done is, totally changing the epic of Ramayan in a tv show :mad: (Sita romancing with Ravan) He should be kicked out

What you have to do with it??? Oh with your views our selectors will do it :rolleyes:

Indian Players should stop forwarding their views... IT''s so waste to discus a person who is retired and just doing stunts for Sales increase :rolleyes:

As someone said its' the culture of Aussies :)
I read a huge article on this in Times it says "
Aussies are famous for Sledging both on field and off field now they have suffered huge humiliating defeat, they are playing the mind games through somebody who is not in the squad and no action can be taken against him

It's a full "PUBLICITY STUNT"

the retired keeper is trying to mark a dent on the confidence of Indian Players

Sachin is well prepared for this he had ignored it and will concentrate on his game :)

i say again try other things Players :rolleyes:

Players who cant perform on the field do try to show off off the field. Gilly is helping the current Aussie cricketers by not making them enter into any controversies.

Good one Rodway.

Can you explain to me why Gilchrist would aim to dent the confidence of the Indian players by disregarding every single thing you are excusing him of?

Didn't you look at the links? Gilchrist has said himself there is absouletly nothing by it and has completely neutralised the situation.

Don't you think he would at least agree with what the journalists said if he was aiming to do that?

Good one Rodway.

Can you explain to me why Gilchrist would aim to dent the confidence of the Indian players by disregarding every single thing you are excusing him of?

Didn't you look at the links? Gilchrist has said himself there is absouletly nothing by it and has completely neutralised the situation.

Don't you think he would at least agree with what the journalists said if he was aiming to do that?

Listen Subway

as i said it was from Times, open up our eyes and read it :rolleyes:

He also said he would clarify it in Saturdays article i dont know where

he also said the Monkey episode has four pages and the journalist took only 2 line from it

I respect Gilchrist as a player and i know no one was and no one shall become such a great keeper & Batsmen like him ...

Listen Subway

Hahahhahahahahaha. Oooh god. That made me laugh really hard. Laugh out loud actually ;)

he also said the Monkey episode has four pages and the journalist took only 2 line from it

Exactly, so the report that made you angry was a load of rubbish and as Gilchrist said, was out of context. Gilchrist wasn't trying to spark up anything and he just said in his own words that the report took it the wrong way.

What you have to do with it??? Oh with your views our selectors will do it :rolleyes:

Indian Players should stop forwarding their views... IT''s so waste to discus a person who is retired and just doing stunts for Sales increase :rolleyes:

As someone said its' the culture of Aussies :)
I read a huge article on this in Times it says "
Aussies are famous for Sledging both on field and off field now they have suffered huge humiliating defeat, they are playing the mind games through somebody who is not in the squad and no action can be taken against him

Sachin is well prepared for this he had ignored it and will concentrate on his game :)

Listen ding dong,

Our players are not moneywhore.

They don't go and perform in cheap tv shows by executing the historic epic. Giilly is the msot honest player in the history of cricket. Your Tendulkar dont even closer to his honesty. Gilly don't need any stunt to sell his books. Gilly or our players has not time to mark any kind of dent on indian players.

Listen ding dong,

Our players are not moneywhore.

They don't go and perform in cheap tv shows by executing the historic epic. Giilly is the msot honest player in the history of cricket. Your Tendulkar dont even closer to his honesty. Gilly don't need any stunt to sell his books. Gilly or our players has not time to mark any kind of dent on indian players.

Listen Ping Pong

the not so called Honest player by you is the legend after Don..

And Mr. Bhajji & Co. performed in Tv shows as interviews he says he too loves dancing and would like to show up his hand in dancing

Lol at you Stupid Comments on this issue

Listen Ping Pong

the not so called Honest player by you is the legend after Don..

And Mr. Bhajji & Co. performed in Tv shows as interviews he says he too loves dancing and would like to show up his hand in dancing

Lol at you Stupid Comments on this issue

He loves dancing, everyone knows that. He even dance in the field. Dance doesn't mean that you have no respect for your culture. What he has done was an absolute disgarce.

Users who are viewing this thread