AFL 2006

MWaugh said:
lions look like they may be getting back to their old best aswell. its amazing what an inform jason akermanis does for the team
that and justin sherman was a pretty good find for them last year. hes been playing great lately. all they need now is an inform leppitch ;)

yeh i might buy the NAB Cup DVD...do they have highlights of the other NAB games...i wanna see Kent's 9 goal haul against the blues again :D

im also probably going to buy the 2004 Season Highlights DVD....man those were the days :rolleyes: .....what id give to have big Benny Graham back patrolling the forward line. :(

Sman-21 said:
Freo has a great forward line, the trouble is its only our forwards who kick the goals, our midfielders play far too deep and hardly ever chip in with a few goals which is why we are so 1 dimensional and struggle to kick high scores.

You do not have a great forward line. You have a fairly average forward line.

You only have Pavlich and sometimes Farmer but hes too unpedictable.

Medhurst is useless.
M'cpharlin is overrated.

And you have no one else most of the time.

The West Coast forward line isn't that great either

West Coast have a brilliant midfield and a solid defence. The difference between the clubs is Woosha. Connolly definitely isn't getting the best out of the players.

I agree.
He's very soft and is too lenient on people in average form.
I think Harvey could be a better option for you guys in the future.

moza1 said:
You do not have a great forward line. You have a fairly average forward line.

You only have Pavlich and sometimes Farmer but hes too unpedictable.

Medhurst is useless.
M'cpharlin is overrated.

And you have no one else most of the time.
The trouble with Freo is that they should be much better and just don't seem to operate smart enough. With blokes like the Carrs, Paul Haselby, Peter Bell, Heath Black, Troy Cook, Des Headland and of course, The Pav, they should have by far enough talent to play harder than they do.

Which is why i blame the coach.
They have the cattle to be top4.

The trouble is they dont perform.
When the players see a game as one they really want to win eg derby they put in 100% effort and they look great.
Hard chasing,hard tackling,going in hard to get ball, great man on man pressure etc.
So if the players arent able to get themselves up week in week out to put in 100% effort and work hard for the win.
Its up to the coach to demand each an every single player is giving it their all to win.
When the players see it as just another game we get the freo shockers, no chasing, no tackles, no one going in hard for the ball (except bell) players free everywhere and no pressure.

Connolly is very smart and has a great football brain the trouble is he doesnt know how to get the best out of players.

Guys like Worsfold and Harvey demand respect and are able to get the players to put their bodies on the line for the team and the game.

Look at Richmond they have nobody but the coach is able to get 100% out of every single player that steps out onto that field.

Bombers just got smashed by adelaide by 138 pts! :crying :crying :crying :crying :crying :crying :crying :crying

its ok Stevo. dont get too upset :p um just dont read any papers or watch tv for the next week. who have u guys got next week anyway? u must be due for a win.
speaking of due for a win... abletts back! nathan at full forward, look out eagle fans!

Even though Im an eagles fan, I think that Geelong have a very good chance of beating us. Only because its at skilled stadium.

Last edited:
omg di.venuto dont say that lol........Essendon have us next friday night!!!!

knowing Geelong, Essendon will probably smash us....then our season will officially be over, if it isnt already.

lol Nablett the messiah................all he really needs to do is contest and let the ball drop where Sj, Gaj and Chappy can work their magic.

but its our midfield that needs to lift...theyve been plain sucky this yr...led by the comps most lethargic midfielder Ling. :p

sheedy should of flooded to reduce the damage, as much as i respect the man hes been an absoloute idiot lately. Taking a shot at Wallace? how can he talk from the position hes in right now.

My bets for game of the week will be geelong vs west coast purely because I think you could make some good money on the upset.

Pies are gonna kill the lions and hopefully be the first team to get to 1000 (a man can dream - that also being the number this post is)

Adelaide are certainly going to be minor premiership favourites now with judd out for a month, that leaves 4 games that the eagles are vunerable during but playing Geelong, Cartlon, Port Adelaide and the Doggies, they might just hang on.

Collingwood are still be over rated and I think that it will only take one injury to show who they really are (CARN THE PIES)

Users who are viewing this thread