AFL 2006

Great news for Sydney and Port (only winner outside of 8 :D).

But we all do feel for Caracella, hope that he recovers :(. Would be a shame if something happened to him or any player.

brad352 said:
Wait, the umpiring was in OUR favour? Surely you jest

..and on that topic, Dean Polo would like to know what constitutes a mark these days, Ray Hall enquired how 9 steps = 15m and also why the opposition can now tap it through for a goal- but don't detract from a stirring victory over an ordinary and badly undermanned Richmond side at home, fine display of spirit that

Horrible news for Caracella, but let's hope they don't use the incident to make any crap rule changes

Firstly, yes I'm sure all footy fans can hope that Blake has no serious long lasting injuries.

Did I say the umpiring was in you're favour? No, I said that 7 of the 9 goals came from free kicks. Atleast half of which were fairly accurate. I just brought that point up. I said nothing derogatory about how the Eagle's played did I?

And bloody hell, If you were at the game then you would have seen how spirited the Richmond team was. They were the under dogs, they came to show the public that they weren't a one dimensional team and they almost did it. It just makes the fact that Freo was able to overcome a good side in the last 5 minutes with some spirited play even more special. You're complaining that the Richmond side was deflated, then take a look at Geelong. I think they lost something like their last 7 matches. Thats a real strong willed and motivated team going up against the Eagle's :rolleyes:

I also hope you're not implying that the umpiring was on Fremantle's side, you're sorely mistaken if you are. I had Richmond fan's sitting next to me who were wincing at some of the decisions that went in their favour in front of the goals. I wish to take nothing away from the Eagle's win, Although they were flat in the first half they played a stunning brand of footy in the second. You obviously can't do the same for the Dockers who showed some spirit in the last quarter when it all seemed gone.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

First of all, all credit to the dockers for winning.
Their inconsistency is making very hard to pick them, but luckily I did.

But I think the only reason why you won was because it was at Subi and Richardson wasn't playing.

How many did everyone get in their tipping.

I got 8 right for only the second or third time ever.

Cricket_60 said:
and btw 7 of the Eagle's 9 goals were kicked as a result of a free kick. Is that really hard work or just luck? :rolleyes:

The Eagles went in hard and worked hard to deserve those free kicks.
And there was a couple of occasions we should've got other free kicks aswell, but didn't. SO yes It was through hard work and not luck.

moza1 said:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

First of all, all credit to the dockers for winning.
Their inconsistency is making very hard to pick them, but luckily I did.

But I think the only reason why you won was because it was at Subi and Richardson wasn't playing.

How many did everyone get in their tipping.

I got 8 right for only the second or third time ever.

The Eagles went in hard and worked hard to deserve those free kicks.
And there was a couple of occasions we should've got other free kicks aswell, but didn't. SO yes It was through hard work and not luck.

Yeah, I reckon at least half were fair as I said before. A mixture of lots of hard work, a little luck and some defensive and ugly Geelong play.

Unfortunately I'm forced to agree with you about the inconsistency. Being a Docker's fan is brilliant one minue then embarrasing the next. Thanks for recognizing Freo's spirit though :cheers

I suppose Richo could have made a difference to the outcome, then again we lost Bell half way though the first quarter. The thing that probably hurt them the most was Deledio. His run through the mid field would have helped them greatly. Any way you look at it, it was a great game :)

I got 7 outta 8, I tipped...
Freo
West Coast
Melbourne
Port
Collingwood
Hawthorn
Adelaide
Sydney

Next weeks fixtures, My tips are in bold

Round 11 (Queen's B'day)

Friday, 9th June
Geelong vs. Essendon Telstra Dome (Night) 7:40pm

Saturday, 10th June
Richmond vs. Kangaroos M.C.G. 2:10pm

Brisbane Lions vs. Adelaide Gabba (Night) 7:10pm

Sydney vs. St. Kilda S.C.G. (Night) 7:10pm

Sunday, 11th June
Port Adelaide vs. Hawthorn AAMI Stadium (Early Start) 1:10pm

Western Bulldogs vs. Fremantle (I have to :) ) Telstra Dome 2:10pm

West Coast vs. Carlton Subiaco 4:40pm

Monday, 12th June
Melbourne vs. Collingwood M.C.G. 2:10pm

Last edited:
I'd have to disagree with you Cricket 60. My dogs will give you lot a touch up at the dome but at leased the game will be watched by a knowledgeable Melbourne crowd and not biased and poorly behaved Western Australian?s.

Congrats to Geelong, they played very well :clap

As for the Dockers, well.... :mad

Poor kicking
Poor coaching
Poor work ethic

Most of them seemed like they'd rather be sleeping in than playing footy. Injuries didn't help either :(

Eagles look like they are going down as well, not a good week for WA footy.

Ive given up supporting freo until they sack the coach go the Force.
Hes been there for a while now and had a fairly talented list yet there seems to be no improvement at all.
Same performance year in year out.
Win games away they shouldnt, lose games at home they shouldnt, lose games away they should win etc etc.
I hope they dont win another game all year to give them no option but to sack the coach.
Guys like Pavlich and other talented non west aussies have stayed at the club thinkig they had a good list and a bright future, they wont stay next time they come out of contract.

I dont like conolly's squad choices, his game plan, innability to get players giving it 100%, and worse of all his soft cock attitude always so cool and calm after a piss poor performance and saying he was happy with this and that just need to work on this.
Ive had enough.

Hurry up super 14 season bloody soft afl can keep the mums happy.

^^^^^^^
I really agree with you.
You guys have got a talented list but because of your crap coach, it goes to waste.
If you guys don't sack him your team will never succeed.
I really think pavlich will go back to Adelaide in a few years.

Gettin abit quiet in here.

Not just Pavlich the younger guys who arent on big money but show potential.
Guys like Mundy,Gilmore schammer etc.

Its his attitude like this that pisses me off.
He hit out yesterday at Dockers fans who had jeered out-of-form defender Byron Schammer against Geelong, telling them to stay home if they were not going to be supportive. Schammer was in good form early in the season but his disposal in recent weeks has been poor.

"He does not deserve to be bronx-cheered," Connolly said.

"He is a class kid (who) has shown his class. He's (just) going through a rough spot.

"There are not many people in the outer who have played AFL football. Don't drop your expectations, but the kid needs more support than bronx-cheers.

The guy is out of form turning the ball over with almost every posession and because he plays down back it normally ends in a goal.
He is too small as a defender and is only their to be a play maker which he is not doing.
So now big Johnson and mundy have been doing the play making while schammer stays in the team because hes a good kid.
We have Roger Hayden playing WAFL who is a great defender and is rarely beaten at both state and AFL level and he can stop any small and medium sized forward.

Bloody soft cock.

The kid needs to be dropped and replaced by Hayden who can do the job and actually be able to stop his opponent.

That is just one example if hes like that to him no wonder the rest of the players feel they can go out their just turn up at the game and theres no problem.

Don't forget, the first posession Hayden had in 2006 was a handball straight to an Adelaide players which resulted in a goal :)

Schammer needs to move into the mid field where at least his poor disposal wont have such a bad effect until he regains confidence. Hase needs to be rested until he gets over his back injury. If Connolly insists on playing him then chuck him up forward where he can use his marking ability to score a few goals. McPharlin is clearly not a forward and needs to be moved back while Medhurst should be at full forward like he was 2 -3 years ago.

Too many things wrong with the setup atm :(

Users who are viewing this thread