AFL 2006

yeh i joined the crew :p partly inspired by your profile

i suppose your right about the whole forward problem tho. but what else can we do? kingsley is lacking confidence and although hes capable i cant see him kicking 6 anyime soon.
agrh! why cant playfair and mccarthy suddenly mature into the forwards we need them to be!
too bad gary jr wasnt a foot taller :) we could sit him in the goalsquare then

We could try Matt Egan up forward, he's a very good mark overhead

And if Steve King gets a bit more match time, Big Brad Ottens can spend a bit more time in the goal square

Ottens is as Hot and Cold as Kent Kingsley....can dominate one game then disappear the next week. He isnt the solution...plus he cant run out a full game. It's all about confidence with KK...did his hammy and now its all gone downhill because hes lost that confidence.

Yeh Matt Egan possibly but see Harley hasnt played much footy and we need him up and running before we remove Egan from defence. Otherwise it would be Scarlett and underdone Harley holding the fort.

how about darren milburn? maybe not quite a key forward but he can make things happen

Gee How how about those Cats, some team arnt they, they win the NAB cup get my hopes up and then we crash down to earth and proceeded to get kicked while we are down ie the Eagles match :crying.... They HAVE to win on Sat, its carlton...lol

M.Di Venuto said:
how about darren milburn? maybe not quite a key forward but he can make things happen
He can and has proven it beofore but he does not have the height and weight to plays a a key foward, never the less he is a gun player who can pretty much play every where on the ground. as i said before he is a dead set gun :hpraise

lol yeh hopefully in turn the cats can start to dominate :p

yeah mooney plays a bit in the forward line. but hes more of a strike weapon, used in short bursts. hes not really that consistent up forward.

Although he does what he has to do, or atleast what Bomber asks of him, to be honest about 4 years ago i though he would have been gone, he really was an average player but now he is a tough nut who can control him self and play in a few positions when we need him,for example 2 years ago (I think) he had no ruckman, he played there, got belted in the HO but dominated over the ground.He always gives 100%

lol yeah thats right. the opposing ruckman used to get the hitout over mooney who half the time could rove the ball anyway :p

I think Peter Riccardi is coming back this week, maybe Geelong should use him like the Bulldogs and Brad Johnson, Riccardi is a strong body, can take a mark and is very clever, maybe thats all we need in the forward line. Its one thing to have skill, but not many players are as smart as riccardi (especially not Kent Kingsley)

It would be great if we could use him like Johnson but really i dont think his body could be fit 100% of the time,i am pretty sure this years is his last

yes, good point, he might not be as mobile as johnson either. Well, there goes that plan. I do agree with what M.Di Venuto said. Darren Milburn could be a very good player as a regular forward.

With somebody as old as Riccardi, dont think his body would be able to handle playing a prodominantly "strong bodied" role.

Whoa, to my surprise, Kent Kingsley has been dropped and makes way for Matt McCarthey. Interesting to see how he goes, only played the 1 game last year, 0 this year. Is McCarthey the answer

Users who are viewing this thread