AFL 2006

GK, Geelong got hammered by 100+ pts the other week while Richmond beat one of the best teams in the league.

Bulldogs V Cwood is 50/50. I just felt like tipping WB :D

Geelong suck even more :p

Last edited:
Sman-21 said:
Melbourne have a good forward line an ok midfield and crap defense.
Eagles can only score around 80 points which wont be enough.

/QUOTE]

What a load of crap.
Eagles scored over 100 against Brisbane, Richmond, Essendon and Collingwood. And over 90 against the Roos. Actually weve got past 80 every game weve played.

Melbourne may have a good forward line but weve got one of the best backlines in the competition.

You talk crap Sman, especially since the eagles have scored more goals then the Dockers this year.

genghis_khan said:
C60 u tipped WB and Richmond??? whoa...actually if we lose to Richmond tomorrow....phwoa there willl be hell to pay!!

Richmond 17.8 110
Geelong 12.18 90

Looks like the cats will have to pay hell.

Scores so far from the round 9:

Collingwood 21.13.(139) def. Western Bulldogs 16.9.(105) :(
Richmond 17.8.(110) def. Geelong 12.18.(90) :what
Adelaide 18.16.(124) def. Carlton 9.6.(60) :cool:
Port Adelaide 20.9.(129) def. Essendon 9.15.(69) :mad:
Sydney Swans 19.5.(119) def. Hawthorn 7.12.(54) :rolleyes:

Thoughts on the games:
Collingwood were pretty good against the Dogs, Geelong are just hanging on, Crows thumped Blues easily in the end, Bombers wooden spoon favourites and Are the Swans are better then last year?.

gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay.

thats all i can say....no finals this year di venuto...lets play for some decent draft picks :D

Could Geelong do a Carlton?

Win the pre season cup then do stuff all in the real season.

Bloody Fremantle what a pathetic effort.
Once again they have shown up to a ground and just gone out there hoping to win without putting in much of an effort.
I still blame Connolly he is a soft cock and continues to let the players get away with lack lustre efforts.
He should be fireing them up before games and making sure they go out there putting in 100% effort to make sure they win games not just hope.
After an effort like today he needs to get in there faces, yell scream get angry and let them know this isnt excuseable.

All he does is say oh we didnt play our best today, some players will be dropped for our next game based on their performance today.
Dropping 1 or 2 players doesnt fix a thing when it was the whole fricken team that werent putting in a 100% effort.

Freo has a great forward line, the trouble is its only our forwards who kick the goals, our midfielders play far too deep and hardly ever chip in with a few goals which is why we are so 1 dimensional and struggle to kick high scores.

Give Harvey the job, we missed the worsfold boat and look how well he is doing with a list of players who on paper would be ranked 5th-8th.
Harvey is a tough nut who wont take no crap from players and is in the same sort of mould as woosha.

Im glad i never wrote Brisbane off for making the finals, they still have a good list of players trouble was they werent performing.

Swans look 10 times better
Finally Roos is showing faith in his forward line and allowing the players to play attacking football instead of that boring defensive crap they played last year.
Its totally refreshed the players and made them start enjoying there football again.
Ealrier in season they were playing the defensive crap and players were bored and not performing.
There season was nearly over so Roos changed things up and they are now reaping the rewards.

Last edited:
Sman-21 said:
Could Geelong do a Carlton?

Win the pre season cup then do stuff all in the real season.
No way! We'll come good. Eventually. Even if I have been saying that for almost 2 months now :p

And GK come on dude dont give up like that ;) lets wait at least another 3 rounds before we say that

i havent given up...but time is running out.............and id rather finish 13-16 instead of 7-12. At least that way we can get a decent draft pick for once instead of these hopeless midfielders.

Curse that NAB Cup!!!...i wish we never won the bloody thing! :mad

Playfair, Kingsley and Hunt, maybe Enright will probably be in the VFL next week, not sure thats going to improve the situation but meh

Yeah agreed. Hope they keep byrnes tho :D im a big fan
we need the three abletts! nathans being playing ok, juniors a champ and gary sr is probably in better form than kingsley and playfair atm

lol i know loads of ppl that are big Byrnes fans :p

this season has proved just how important Kent is to our team...hes had a bad year and so have we. Playfair was on fire last season but i suspect he'd be nervous because Tom Hawkins will be eyeing off CHF next yr :cool:

Our young midfielders like Prismall, Stokes, Varcoe should be played as much as possible, i just dont think our midfield can cut the mustard anymore :(

elephants run in smaller circles than Ling lol

lol as much as it pains me to say it i agree with all of that. too bad ottens is a dud otherwise he might be able to fill either playfair or kingsleys role. maybe start big mooney in the goalsquare and leave him there for more than 10 min?

M.Di Venuto said:
lol as much as it pains me to say it i agree with all of that. too bad ottens is a dud otherwise he might be able to fill either playfair or kingsleys role. maybe start big mooney in the goalsquare and leave him there for more than 10 min?

hmm maybe...it's just Mooney has been tried and failed at the key forward role...he resurrected his career in 2004 playing as the 3rd tall defender and backup ruckman...i dont think hes cut out for that role :(

King is finished imo...Ottens is a better ruckman than FF

Kingsley shouldnt be playing out of the goalsquare, while hes alright in a wrestle hes better suited to leading from half-fwd cos he;s extremely quick.

i dont know di venuto :(........................and we have to play the eagles this week *cries*

yeah maybe your right about mooney, i would like to see him have a go though, plus egan is an emerging defender who can hold down chb alright.
lol a mate of mine has a theory about kingsley, play him on the half back flank. could work. like u said hes quick, imagine him on a role with milburn patrolling half back <mouth watering :p>
lol should do what i did :p i bought a copy of the nab cup final on dvd, i watch that everytime the cats are playing bad :D so im wearing it out lately. dont think about the eagles game!

moza1 said:
You talk crap Sman, especially since the eagles have scored more goals then the Dockers this year.

thats mainly due to the fact that the dockers only have mathew pavlich to kick too.

lions look like they may be getting back to their old best aswell. its amazing what an inform jason akermanis does for the team

Users who are viewing this thread