AI patch is now ready - Need testers

Ravi i feel that version 9 patch is too easy to bat with.
I have been scoring scores of 320+ (one dayers)

Would you just be able to tell me what things i should edit to make it harder for myself?

Do i change the IdealWindow thing?

P.S. i have been playing a test with version 8 and i think that it is great for batting, please if you make a newer patch try to keep simmilar batting for tests!

Ravi,
Thanks for all the updates. Seems as if all you guys must be brilliant players. Is there any way to make the game EASIER?Especially the bowling. Normally I have to autoplay the innings just to have a chance. I play 20 over games always. The CPU batting always seems to smash my bowling no matter what balls I bowl or what line or length. But when I bat, it takes so long to get any confidence where I can play shots withut getting out. If I try to play a big shot in the first 5 overs I always get caught. Sam's exe seems to make it harder to bat. Can anyone help. Please don't tell me to go to the nets and practise!!

Here is my 2c + GST

While playing my foriegn tour (which I have post-poned because of this) when I play a tour match eg. vs Governor's XI the cursor size decreases back to the default, which pretty much makes the only shot I can play a straight drive. This rather annoying, but while during Test matches everything seems fine.

I also think you need to decrease the power of the shots, I find i'm hitting way too many 4s and it is still too easy and tempting for me to advance and smash as I can hit sixes 80% of the time doing this. So hopefully there is something you can do to take away the power, not just from advance shots but all of them.

I also don't seem to be getting any edges. All my wickets are either LBW or Bowled, by misjudging the line of the deliveries.

I'm finding batting just as easy with the tailenders as I am with the top batsmen (although admittedly in Zimbabwe's case there isn't exactly too much difference to begin with). I think this is because I'm not getting any edges at all.

When I play the flick off the pads occasionally I'll play it off the middle and it will go through slips, it's not an edge because the confidence metre goes up.

I hope you can use this information.

Hitting sixes with advance shots isn't anything to do with the patch, it's a bug with the normal game- at least, from my experience.

1. Do you use a gamepad?
2. On your spider, are all of the sixes in identical places?

If both your answers are yes, it is a bug.
If all of the sixes are in the same place, it's a bug
If you use a gamepad, but they're in different places- I don't know, but probably a bug

Probably something like this:

Attachments

• spider.jpg
    spider.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 130
hi guys.....

i having difficuty having edges in my patch.

plz tell me which values to edit and to what value to get resonable amount of edges.

plz man.

Ravi,

I guess you must be busy with your work. Just to update you on the status of your patches. Since the wides have not reduced using the version 9 beta patch, I am currently doing the following:

1. First I installed your version 8 patch on the original GOB

2. Then I renamed it, and installed version 9 beta on the original GOB.

3. Once I start a match if I bat first, I save the game and rename version 8 patch as cricket_pc.gob and then bat. In the first match that I played using this approach, I scored 225 runs with very less wides.

4. After my innings, I save the game, replace cricket_pc.gob with the 9 beta cricket_pc.gob and then bowl. Now the CPU bats really well.

Actually, I have not played the game in the past 7 days. I started playing today and I used this approach. The CPU is batting really well and has scored 55/1 after 5 overs. This is going to be competitive.

I will post the final score after I complete this match.

I think I can live with this. Thanks for all your effort.

Murali, thanks for your feedback again. I have been a little busy lately and also with the website going down for a couple of days lost a bit of touch. Infact I have been playing with the finalized 9 version patch and have hardly found wides an issue. There are not one too many against any country infact and I am now feeling the game is tweaked to its best. In tests my runrate have hardly gone over 3.5 on even hard pitches, in ODIs its always a matter of putting my head down, playing rather full 50 overs than playing too many shots and getting bowled in less than 40 overs. Its fine if you are swapping between 8 & 9 for batting and bowling though. I will be uploading this patch sometime later or by tomorrow, you many consider checking this out.

ravi,
could you please release the finalized 9 version patch here in this forum asap.

babai

That sounds great Ravi. I guess you must have tested the finalized 9.0 patch in ODI's to sort out the wides.

After you release the patch, I will try it out.

Last edited:
Hey Ravi I've been playin v8 for a while now, and the bowling is extremely easy. I get teams out for under 100 runs. I have recently got 7/15 with McGrath, which isn't very good. I think u need to lessen the edges and make the batsmen time the ball better, but the aggressiveness is fine.

Cheers

Squiz,

If you try out Ravi's 9.0 beta patch, you will see that the CPU bats really well. The one problem seems to be the wides.

Since Ravi is planning to release the final version 9 soon which fixes the wides too, I guess you can wait for that.

Guess what Ravi. I lost the match!! The match was against SA. It is the first match in a World Series contest. SA scored 227/8 in 39 overs and won the match.

Since I bought the game, this is the only match I have lost. WOW to your 9.0 patch. As I told you earlier, I batted using your 8.0 patch.

Great Job. I never thought the CPU was going to beat me. Guess I was a tad over-confident.

Users who are viewing this thread