AI patch is now ready - Need testers

Ravi,

I am done playing the world championship finals between India and SA.

Conditions: Green Pitch with high chance of rain
Toss: I won the toss and elected to bowl first

SA Batting:

I should say that SA batted really well and maintained a very good run-rate. The average run-rate was about 6 runs per over. They did keep on losing wickets at regular intervals and ended their innings at 219 all out in 40 overs.

Positive aspects:

Now that I have tested these patches on 3 types of pitches (hard, normal and green), I am very confident that the CPU batsmen will perform very well. The batsmen did not come down the wicket as many times as NZ batsmen did in the previous game and hence worked very well.

Negative aspects:

None :o

India Batting:

I chased this score and was scoring at a very good pace, a run-rate of 10 runs per over. But, I kept on losing wickets very regularly and at the end of the 20th over the score read 189 for 6. Then, I lost some more wickets and soon I was 204 for 9 after 22 overs. I thought I was going to lose this game for sure and I tottered to 211 for 9 after 24 overs. Then, in 5 balls SA gave away 9 wides and I won the match. :whew:

Positive Aspects:
Even though I was able to score really fast, I kept losing wickets very regularly. This proves that when you use this patch, you got to settle down and then score at a reasonable pace. This seems to be only sure way to avoid ending up in dire straits.

Negative Aspect:
SA again gave me 38 free runs in wides. If this had been decreased, I would have certainly lost the game.

So, I can say confidently that your beta patch has performed excellently and the ONLY issue that you need to fix is the wides. Otherwise, it is all set to GO. Thank you for the first and only closest game since I bought Cricket 2004.

If you are interested, the snapshot is attached.

51 Extra's that alot man, if you are getting that much maybe you shouldn't run on Leg Byes. How come i dont get that many extras, at most I get about 15-20 which is fair, and most of them are Leg Byes

Well I'm using Version 8 in my foriegn tour of the Sub-Continent and I made a pretty shocking 204 with only 1 extra, from a no-ball. Currently in my 3nd innings i've had 6 extras out of 35 runs, 2 wides and 4 byes.

Hey guys,

I am currently testing version 9 beta for Ravi. This match was played using that patch. Only when I use this patch, the CPU scores a decent amount of runs.

Squiz,

Out of the 51 extras, I ran the leg byes and the CPU bowled the 38 wides, which is itself high. Also, I played for India. So, I did not get c&b even once. I only play the advance shot for the yorkers. The CPU got c&b that many times and no it was not because it played the advance shot. It was because it mistimed shots.

Groobz,
I will throw in the spiders tonight.

Last edited:
oh, my bad, it doesn't get that many c&b's against me :(

That's the only time i play it as well, it would be impossible stopping all the yorkers the CPU bowls without it

Last edited:
Hey Guys,
Firstly I want to say thanks to you all guys for working on these patches to improve what has turned out to be a bug infested disapointment of a game.

As a newbie the game was a challenge and a ball of laughs in the begining (nothing funnier than bowling a side out for 48 in 5 overs, then getitng rolled for 44 in the fourth over :), but after several hours of practice in the nets (apparently there is never a good time to play of the back foot??) the game soon after became too easy (or studip take your pick) to play seriously.

I've just loaded the 9 beta patch and Sam's Exe and I'm now ready to get into a serious one day series in the sub continent test out the AI and murali's line and length :)

I'll post some comments on the playability later down the track

Once again thankyou for all the hard work you are putting in to make this game enjoyable rather than the headache causing mess of bundled software EA released (or should I say threw out)

I have on big question for you guys. How do you bowl to the batsmen in one day games? I use version 8 of the patch on medium difficulty, i got to 10/221 after my 20 overs (run out of the last ball...), and as soon as i bowled a ball it goes for 4 or 6, this is against south africa bowling to graham smith, wherever i bowl the ball he hits it for four or six.
The next over i put in shane warne, they hit 6 off of the over, and gibbs was out caught. The next over i used mcgrath again. 25 off the over, i just can't bowl to the batsmen, wherever i put it they smash it for four, i just can't stop it. They were 1/53 off 3 overs.... How do i stop the batsmen batting like this? I can't bat like this so whay should they be able to?

And another question that's probably a little silly, how do i bowl slower balls and use variation, now matter what keys i use i can't bowl different balls. Oh and i use the PC version obviousley.

Thanks for any help, is there anything wroing with my patch?

Murali, thanks for all the feedback and it looks like we have near perfect patch. If you reckon the extras were one too many you may want to not run leg byes(I know its one too many compromises) and reduce the bowling cursor min value to say 0.05 or 0.10. If you try and score too many runs too quickly you are exposed to losing wickets. I have played few games with this patch and by trying to not lose more than a wicket or two in the first 15 overs I have notched up scores over 250+ consistently. I suppose its fine even if you are able to score quickly as far as you cant score 300, 400+ runs in every game.

Ravi,

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I do believe that we have a near perfect patch. Yes, I can not run the leg byes, I guess. I currently have the bowling cursor size as follows

Min: 0.05
Max: 0.90

What do you think will be a good value to change it to, to reduce the wides?

Thanks,

Have it something like the followling :

Max: 0.25

The range can only go up to a max of 0.25 will ensure however bad the stats for the bowlers they will still not bowl too many wides.

Ravi,

There is something wrong. Even if I make the values

Max: 0.05001

still the wides do not seem to be decreasing a lot. At least one wide per over remains. I am not sure why. :confused:

can someone please make an uninstall for v7.0? ive got the original gob but dont want to lose my kits

Users who are viewing this thread