AI patch is now ready - Need testers

I am waiting for your finalized 9.0 patch. The next match that I am playing is also against SA. Don't know why the schedule is like that even though England and Australia are also in the series. I am currently batting with your 8.0 patch and I have scored 93 for no loss after 10 overs. In your 9.0 patch that was always the good thing. Even if I score fast, I used to lose wickets all the time.

Ravi,

After the 10 overs with the 8.0 patch I noticed that the SA had bowled 14 wides. So, it appeared that it was no worse than the 9.0 patch. Hence, I shifted to your 9.0 patch after 10 overs. I eventually ended up scoring 331 runs all out in 49.2 overs. In the final score, SA(CPU) had given away 45 runs in wides. I am eagerly waiting for your 9.0 finalized patch.

Have not bowled yet.

Thanks,

I did too Squiz. In this match though, with 8.0 I scored 93 for no loss after 10 overs. In 9.0 though, I lose wickets regularly. So, even if I score fast, I end up with only a reasonable score.

If you notice, earlier in this post I had scored 220 + runs in a match in 24 overs or so, but then I had lost 9 wickets by that time. This was using 9.0.

Maybe you do not lose as many wickets?

Last edited:
Oh, wait. I forgot to mention one thing. I am not using the 9.0 beta patch that is posted in this thread.

I am using the revised version of the beta patch that Ravi sent to me by e-mail for testing (after the one he sent to both of us) after fixing a number of issues in the patch that is posted here.

Last edited:
Where can I download the latest patch (version 9.0). Cant seem to find it in the threads here.

Originally posted by Salman1k
Where can I download the latest patch (version 9.0). Cant seem to find it in the threads here.

Not yet posted. Currently being tested.

have we figured out how to increase the speed that human bowlers bowl? if you can do that, im sure someone could increase the speeds of medium bowlers and make all the fast bowlers medium bowlers so they can swing it

Hi Ravi,

I completed the match that I started earlier. If you note, previously I had used your 9.0 BETA patch (to bat) and I scored 331 all out in 49.2 overs. After you sent me the 9.0 finalized patch to me by e-mail, I decided to bowl using this new patch.

The CPU started batting really well but between the 25th and 35th over they seemed to score around 3.5 runs per over. But, they did not lose any wickets. I thought there was no way they were going to reach my score. Guess what score they made at the end of 50 overs --> 303 for 6. :eek: :eek: :eek: . That is really GREAT. I don't think there is anything negative at all in this patch with regards to CPU batting.

Of course, I did not allow any run-outs. There were 4. But, I restarted after each one of them. People using these patches should do that if they want to make the game interesting.

I am going to play the next world series match and I will let you know how I bat in that match. The match is against England. THIS IS REALLY GREAT RAVI. I am impressed. I never thought the CPU can score above 300 anytime. But, I have to state this again

TO MAKE THINGS INTERESTING PEOPLE SHOULD SAVE THEIR GAME AFTER EVERY OVER AND RESTART THE GAME IF ANY SILLY RUNOUT OCCURS.

Then, this patch is really going to make life interesting.

Unfortunately, Englad have won the toss and elected to bat first. So, my batting comments will be at the end of the match instead of end of the innings.

Good stuff Murali, looks like all's well for now. Thanks for your continued feedback which is why the patch has gotten better.

I would also like a copy of your patch. With the WC coming to caribbean in 2007, do you think EA will finally release a cricket game in the caribbean? I got mine from England, but that is a pain. Maybe even a PS2 version? Or wishful thinking?

ravi please can I have the ver 9 patch

Hi Ravi,

for forum members feedback it seems the patch 9 is the best one to use to play cricket 2004. please send me a copy of the same at [email protected].

babai

Ravi,

I have completed the match between England and India.

England batted first and they batted very well and ended their innings at 262 all out after 42.3 overs. There are no negative points in the way England batted. Great work.

Then, I chased the score. I made some notes of the pace that I was scoring:

After 10 overs, the score was 102 for 2
After 15 overs, the score was 137 for 4
After 21 overs, the score was 200 for 6
After 24 overs, the score was 233 for 8
After 28 overs, the score was 248 for 9
After 29.5 overs, the score was 262 all out.

So, eventually my score was exactly the same as England. This is really great. Now, I am unable to win easily.

My only concern with batting is I am able to score very fast. The good thing is I keep losing wickets regularly. With established batsmen, if I hit the ball it is either a four or I am "out". I seem to be playing the leg glance often and I seem to get a number of fours from this shot. Also, I play the cover drive a number of times. You had mentioned that you settle down before scoring fast. By settling down, do you mean just defend the ball ?? Please clarify.

I would like to bat out the 50 overs without losing this many wickets. But, it seems as though I always score fast, EVEN THOUGH I DO NOT INTEND TO. I think batsmen like Squiz or Radaga might also find batting easy. A question: Is it possible to make ONLY the user batting difficult ?? I am guessing the answer is 'No' but please clarify.

Now regarding the issue of wides:
Even in this match, 37 runs came via wides. I even changed my system settings from 1024 x 768 to 800 x 600. The game settings were at 800 x 600 already. But, there were at least 10 to 15 bouncers that were declared as wides by the umpire. So, it may not be that bad. In any case, on your system if you do not experience this many wides, then I guess it is only occuring on my system due to some settings and hence you need not try to fix it.

Thanks for lot of all your effort.

Ravi please listen to what msamia is saying, the patch is much too easy to bat with, i havent played a ODI match in version 9 where i havent scored 320+

Why did it get changend to easier?
I think that when it was harder it was better.

Users who are viewing this thread