Alleged match fixing in the IPL

sahilnatu

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
India have had a long history with match fixing, cheating and generally using underhanded techniques to disguise themselves amongst the elite, so this incident is just a continuity on the level of dishonesty and shamefulness that encompasses the Indian team for the last decade or so.

Poor, very poor generalisation that. Could that post get any worse?
Grow up, whoever you are. Such hate is taking you nowhere.:facepalm

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Cricket in general is a sport that has seen a lot of fixing. I'd say its a relatively easier game to fixing cause of the many variables present therein. Unlike football or any other.

An easier way to tackle this is by reducing the squad size. That way, its easier to keep an eye on all the players. Teams like PWI, MI have around 30 odd people. Thats way too many for a domestic tournament.

Secondly routing the payments via the BCCI and involving the Income Tax department could come in handy, Yes, that would mean subjecting each individual to the tedious tax process and it would take slightly longer for the players to get their dues. However, the money thus paid would be all white.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner

Stop reacting to such posts. He is not just an Indian team hater. He hates the country, India!

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India

He seems to have toned down a bit from what he was earlier. Perhaps its simply a test of our patience here. :p

Why

Banned
This is just a minor reason I don't watch IPL. Except for the first IPL, I haven't watched any of the other IPL. It's just a game of swag & money. The match-fixers have made the game even worse, when it all started with Monish Mishra and TP Sudhindhra and company..

Why fix? And I think most of the players in IPL are indulged in match fixing, which are uncaught on camera. These players don't have any common sense, I still remember old times where the players used to give their best to enter the team. It all started with Cronje, and then continued by the Pakistanis and Indians. The game of Cricket is just getting worse. I'm afraid this fixing will rule up on International Cricket too.

Ankeet Chavan was a good bowler, he took the highest amount of wickets in the Ranji Trophy this season for Mumbai. He could have got a bright career if he had performed like this. But no, these people lack some default common sense one human brain has.

:facepalm

PS: I'm not targetting any country / player. To those comments you make against me, I don't care, as it is I rarely reply to any topics, i.e., the topics I find to continue with..

Bevab

Staff Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Chavan might have been a good bowler, but would it be enough to get onto the international stage? At the end of the day, he needs money, and he did it for money. End of story.

On the other hand, I hope this matter is looked into deeply.

cricket_icon

International Cricketer
The IPL, the County game, the Pakistani controversy a couple years back, South Africa...it just goes on and on. There needs to be a tougher way of acting on such things, what ever happened to the anti-corruption wing the ICC was setting up?

Each and every cricket board has a role to play in cleaning up the game. Say what you want about the PCB but they have taken some pretty large strides in the last 2 years or so, the ECB has got one of the cleanest games on the planet and the Aussie cricket board deals with these matters quickly and efficiently. The BCCI should take a leaf out of their books and rather than looking for their next meal ticket, may be they should try and do something to preserve the integrity of the game.

macintosh

Club Captain
I think its really difficult to judge how many IPL matches are legit, m not saying that there is lots of fixing going on, it mite be the case that there might be no match fixing except for the guys who are caught, but at the same time there are chances that there might be a lot more fixing incidents in past which went unnoticed, its hard to claim that all IPL matches have been clean.
Look at the below two videos, an excellent show by the Indian news channel showing the way BCCI's then secretary(and also CSK's owner) N Srinivasan breaking the laws and the reason why IPL isn't completely clean.

BCCI's Secretary of Scandal Part 1 - YouTube

BCCI's Secretary of Scandal Part 2 - YouTube

Last edited:

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
Thanks for those two videos, MacIntosh. Will be sharing them at quite a lot of places.

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
I really really hope, they get sentenced for a year or two.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Yap. But still the fans of one team won't agree with you, you know which team it is:D

Why do you want to whisper it? Are we that powerful?;)

Of course, I am not going to believe that Dhoni is involved in match fixing/spot fixing unless I see some substantial facts being presented. I am not a guy who always lives under the cloud that something might be amiss. Its pretty common these days to use names of big people to escape punishment and divert stuff.

I will wait until further investigation takes place. If I don't see substantial facts, I will continue to believe my team is clean. The mere fact that you don't stand to gain much money if your team keeps winning all of the time, is one indicator to me that CSK's wins so far in the IPL is not scripted. And other team owners - ARE THEY IDIOTS to keep accepting money every season from CSK to lose? Are you saying to me that the Ambani's too get money from CSK to lose to them? They can buy out CSK and make MI win against them every time.

S

Satan666

Why do you want to whisper it? Are we that powerful?;)

Of course, I am not going to believe that Dhoni is involved in match fixing/spot fixing unless I see some substantial facts being presented. I am not a guy who always lives under the cloud that something might be amiss. Its pretty common these days to use names of big people to escape punishment and divert stuff.

I will wait until further investigation takes place. If I don't see substantial facts, I will continue to believe my team is clean. The mere fact that you don't stand to gain much money if your team keeps winning all of the time, is one indicator to me that CSK's wins so far in the IPL is not scripted. And other team owners - ARE THEY IDIOTS to keep accepting money every season from CSK to lose? Are you saying to me that the Ambani's too get money from CSK to lose to them? They can buy out CSK and make MI win against them every time.

Well maybe they have ulterior motives other than winning:

harbhajan lifts nita ambani - YouTube

Nah but seriously it may be a conflict of interest, personally I dont see an issue with Srinivasan owning CSK and being the BCCI head at the same time. Neither believing the CSK wins were scripted, they have had some incredible teams over the years.

Users who are viewing this thread