Another draft!-Test players of the 90s and later - FINISHED!

sifter132

Panel of Selectors
Well that's it then, we've got our 8 :thumbs

First round order is thus:
Yudi
User2010
sifter132
mohit_dude10
aditya
cricket_icon
send2yaari
shravi

2nd round order will be the reverse order of the 1st round. I'll post the full draft order in the first post so that you can see where you are going to draft in each round.

That's about it - just remember the rules: you need to end up with 2 lefties, and your players CAN'T have played Tests before the 90s and they must have at least 10 Tests in their career.

In past drafts we've encouraged those participating to post extra information about the player they are picking, maybe a pic as well. It's not so important in this one since I think we should be well acquainted with the players being picked. But it would be nice if you could at least post something you particularly like about the player you're picking (might be a stat, his style, performance in big matches/series, whatever...)

Oh, and try to be courteous to all and check the thread whenever you can so that the draft moves along efficiently.

So lets go - Yudi, better make the pick count dude, you'll have 14 other good players disappear from the pool before you get to pick again :D

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
Do you think we could start on Monday, sifter? I have to catch a flight on Sunday so I wouldn't be able to post on that day and I might miss the 24 hour limit. It will be fine after that.

sifter132

Panel of Selectors
Hmm, yeah well I don't really care :p I'm just setting it up...We can all kick back and watch some cricket in the meantime :thumbs

Let's just start on Sunday then hey? Shravi is the 8th pick, so all 7 picks would have to happen rather quickly for him to get in trouble with the time limit before Monday comes around.

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Yeah, Sunday is nice. Second in the order, will have to go searching as there will be so many temptations there. :p On the writeup thing, I think I'll be able to do it more here as there ought to be players who I have seen playing. I didn't really like it when I was writing about someone I never heard of earlier. This should be fun.

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Round 1​

Virender Sehwag

10sehwag.jpg

Undoubtedly one of the best openers in test cricket, Virender Sehwag is a batsman who can tear apart the best of the bowling attacks in the world. Sehwag started off his test career on a high, scoring a century on debut against South Africa at Bloemfontein.

He can be counted as one player who probably changed the way test cricket is now seen. Being aggressive yet hungry for runs and that too in the longer format of the game is a rare thing, something which Sehwag exclusively possesses. His ability to stay at the crease for long periods of time is commendable. He is rock solid and a quick run scorer, and that is probably one of the reasons he is the only Indian to score a triple ton and one out of the four players in cricket history who have scored two triple centuries in their test careers.

Stats:

M: 87 | I: 150 | Runs: 7694 | HS: 319 | Ave: 53.43 | 100: 22 | 50: 27

As an opener: M: 82 | I: 140 | Runs: 7315 | HS: 319 | Ave: 54.58 | 100: 21 | 50: 25​

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
I really have no words.. Could you possibly crawl further up his ass?

sifter132

Panel of Selectors
Alrighty then, Sehwag it is :eek: I certainly don't rate him as the #1 player, but if you really wanted him then I guess this is the time to pick him since I don't think he would have slipped down to pick #16.

He's probably the best opener you could find in this draft though, despite his flaws. And I agree, he brings a whole different vibe to the opening session of a Test match.

Aoun13

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Just another favourism pick. There are many better then Sehwag when you have an open choice to pick any player from all over the world. Even thier are 2-3 better openers who can atleast score on any type of pitch.

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
From players who haven't played a single match before 1990, you can hardly find anyone better at opening the inning than Virender Sehwag. A good start is essential, and that is what Sehwag provides to his team.

Users who are viewing this thread