Ashes 2015 - Australia tour of England July/September 2015

PokerAce

Banned
Even in T20s teams are rarely 9 down after 15 overs. This is just unbelievable. Low scores happen but all out in less one session has probably never happened before. Granted its not happened in this test match either (so far anyway), but it does seem very likely to happen.

IceAgeComing

Retired Administrator
Profile Flag
Scotland
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
england should just declare right after they get australia all out and make it a one innings game with australia having a 50 run handicap

grkrama

National Board President
phew atleast India fared much better when we put it into perspective :p

though i still cant say this is like unplayable stuff of legend. I would say great top class bowling aided by poor application by batsman when both ind as well as Aus now. Would liek to see how SA fare when they tour here

PokerAce

Banned
Why are the last two just blocking... just play a few shots, whatever they do score in a defiant last stand is unlikely to affect the game from here on. Honestly the best thing for Australia is to get England in as soon as possible, on this wicket.

The more it is delayed the more the pitch is likely to ease. Just declare right now and get England in.

angad

Chairman of Consent
Its also great to see proper English wickets being prepared in the last test and then again in this one. The first two were crap.

C Boomer

Club Captain
Interesting thoughts from Mr Boycott on Smyth's square on batting technique...world class on a flat track but very flawed and impotent against the swinging ball ?

He certainly has a point does Sir Geoffrey !

PokerAce

Banned
Interesting thoughts from Mr Boycott on Smyth's square on batting technique...world class on a flat track but very flawed and impotent against the swinging ball ?

He certainly has a point does Sir Geoffrey !

Trust me Geoffrey Boycott is a guy who sways with the wind. If a guy is having issues, Boycott, will have all sorts of things to point about his technique, however when the same guy scores runs all will be right with the world. I am sure during Smith's 200 Boycott had few things to say about his square on technique.

angad

Chairman of Consent

Most batsmen in the world struggle against a swinging ball....nothing new.

PokerAce

Banned
I have to say Aus have built up a reputation as poor travellers. Yes they do pull off results that surprise wins (like they did in SA), but they are few and far in between. Aus have won just 1 test in Asia in 7-8 years, they lost in England the last three times they have been there (assuming they are going to lose this ashes). Australia are about as bad at travelling as India are.[DOUBLEPOST=1438861248][/DOUBLEPOST]Okay, all out in less than 20 overs ... bowled out in the first session, first time that its happened surely.

Great effort from Broad. Hoenstly though, its the best thing could have happened to Australia ... the sooner England batted on the wicket, the better for Australia.

bigred

Club Captain
I have to say Aus have built up a reputation as poor travellers. Yes they do pull off results that surprise wins (like they did in SA), but they are few and far in between. Aus have won just 1 test in Asia in 7-8 years, they lost in England the last three times they have been there (assuming they are going to lose this ashes). Australia are about as bad at travelling as India are.[DOUBLEPOST=1438861248][/DOUBLEPOST]Okay, all out in less than 20 overs ... bowled out in the first session, first time that its happened surely.

Great effort from Broad. Hoenstly though, its the best thing could have happened to Australia ... the sooner England batted on the wicket, the better for Australia.
They have already lost the last 3 away ashes. This would be 4.

aditya123

National Board President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
I don`t think people point this out enough. This Australian batting side has looked at sea in any kind of alien conditions. If people call the subcontinental sides as flat track bullies or home condition bullies, Australia are`nt far from that either. Yes, they have a good pace attack but the Aussie batting has been blown away far too often, be it in England (2013),India (2013) or against Pakistan in the UAE (2014). Add to that collapses at home (MCG 2010) and even at times during home series against India in 2011 (20/4 a couple of times in that series). This Aussie side has been pretty fragile for a while now.

Users who are viewing this thread