Ashes Cricket 2009 Demo Bugs Thread

All i can is...be grateful that someone has botherd to make a cricket game and stop complaining.

Correction: Someone has bothered to make a good cricket game. We haven't been short of cricket games since the great BLIC '99, but they've all been bad!

I kmow its only a demo but seriously do there beta testers even do anything?
After my 1st play i could see there was serious issues with runouts and the demo is based off the test match version of game where runouts shouldnt happen very often.

Trouble is since demo has been released it means game is in final stage an ready for release, not much chance of this problem being fixed :( unless theres a patch later on.

Other than that theres only minor problems.

Ive now played 7 games an only managed to get 4 wickets bowled and heaps of runouts.
Also havent figured out how to catch the ball yet.

Going to try the demo expander an see if i can finally figure out how to take a catch.

I'd be very surprised if there wasn't a patch to fix the game's few issues.

After my 1st play i could see there was serious issues with runouts and the demo is based off the test match version of game where runouts shouldnt happen very often.

This is we were told the AI knew it was a 3 over game but was not optamised!

Obviously the running is shocking! but im not really sure if the AI knows whats going on as far as match situation!!

Not a bug or anything but it's something that needs to be fixed I guess.

When a fielder takes a catch, he seems to chuck it miles in the air and the camera follows the ball. Gets annoying for me I guess but it's only a demo so I don't care.

Obviously the running is shocking! but im not really sure if the AI knows whats going on as far as match situation!!

That's a good point - maybe it's the three over limit that's confusing the AI? And since the demo is coded for three overs, the expander probably wouldn't make any difference to that aspect.

About the running, I think this guy has a good point:

Perhaps it'll be different in the full game since that will be (presumably) optimised correctly...

Perhaps it'll be different in the full game since that will be (presumably) optimised correctly...

Iv got a sneaky feeling that all this kamakazee running is as you would see in last few overs of a limited over match sacrificing wickets for runs!

Which is was the case would be a decent lil touch in the real game!

I think seeing as they are wearing test match whites.. but playing limited overs... but only 1 innings a side, anyone let alone a computer would be confused with that!!:laugh

Another big if not major bug.. This is another runout bug..
This happens in 2 player co-op game.. If ur partner doesn't stop while u deny the run without even leaving ur crease, the umpire gaves u out..
This happens again and again.. The game gives the wrong person out..

They might not even be in it?

That's true - we don't know how old these two demos' builds were.

Iv got a sneaky feeling that all this kamakazee running is as you would see in last few overs of a limited over match sacrificing wickets for runs!

Which is was the case would be a decent lil touch in the real game!

I think seeing as they are wearing test match whites.. but playing limited overs... but only 1 innings a side, anyone let alone a computer would be confused with that!!:laugh

Good point.

A bug-free cricket game? That's the Holy Grail, man.

Not completely bug-free (that's impossible), but major bug free is what we're hoping for.

Just played another demo and notice that when the computer was playing as Australia, I caught Simon Katich in the gully, but for the next ball, his opening partner Phil Hughes was on strike, no way could they have crossed in time.

Ponting should have been on strike.

Later on, I ran out another Australian (even though he was well in btw!), this was at the bowlers end, but for the next ball, the new batsman facing!! He should have been where the man run out was (ie the bowlers end!)

Two little irritating bugs, but not enough to spoil the game.

How do you swing the ball? I select inswing or outswing, and see virtually no movement in the air?

Users who are viewing this thread