Ashes Cricket 2013 General Discussion

Anyone checked the PC pre-order price on Amazon lately, has it dropped again? That would be a clue...

I wonder if the now completely out-of-date pre-order bonus still comes with it?

I wonder if you still get the 'guide' to the Investec Ashes Series with your preorder. It's on the page still...

Well they have used a totally inappropriate mobile games engine - so Ashes Cricket 2014 for iPad?

isn't there another england-based ashes in 2015? so maybe we will see an ashes 2015/DBC merge?

"play as ashes legend don bradman or see how his heirs to great rivalry measure up..."

----------

i like the bullet point "Put To The Ultimate Test ? England cricketer Chris Woakes went into bat playing Ashes Cricket 2013 ? the complete virtual cricket experience on PS3 and Xbox 360 in honour of the most celebrated rivalry in international sport."

which suggests they had something playable at some point? but it must have been awful!

I wonder if you still get the 'guide' to the Investec Ashes Series with your preorder. It's on the page still...
I checked the database - 9 seconds between these posts. I think I worded it better.

----------

i like the bullet point
I wonder who won: "Each Pocket Guide will contain a unique number - Register your unique number on Ashes Cricket 2013 ? The Video Game for your chance of winning 2x hospitality tickets for the fifth and final Investec Ashes Test at The Kia Oval, London on Friday 23rd August. All entries must be registered by Friday 16th August to be in with a chance of winning."

so, on 11 September Mike Posted:

I am still around and I check in everyday but feel if I have nothing positive to say then stay quiet until I do.

and if you look at his profile today, you see:

attachment.php

Matt, I think you can close this thread...

Attachments

• mike.png
    mike.png
    5.5 KB · Views: 331
I checked the database - 9 seconds between these posts. I think I worded it better

That's only because it took me 9 seconds to switch between my MattW and Biggs accounts. Damn my arthritis riddled fingers...

Does anyone else think that if this game somehow see's the light of day they will just do some quick marketing trickery like advertising a week before release or something, that way they don't have to show much...wouldn't be surprised if they do something like that

Does anyone else think that if this game somehow see's the light of day they will just do some quick marketing trickery like advertising a week before release or something, that way they don't have to show much...wouldn't be surprised if they do something like that

I can't see it working much any way they do it, but that may be the best for them. "Cricket like you have never seen before, and probably don't want to in the future"

been no activity on here, their forum, or facebook since 10/11 Sept.

505 have got the "assets" and pulled the plug, but obviously there will be financial / legal things to untangle before they can make that official.

Just curious....is there any non-arcade game developed on Unity Engine thats been released on ps3 or xbox360? I couldnt find any.

I dont know much about programming so wonder how much the base engine impacts the overall code and thus how much impact that decision had on this game.

Edit: Also....what happened to the Ashes QnA thread??? :spy

Last edited:
Edit: Also....what happened to the Ashes QnA thread???
This is it - I was kinda hoping we could move on from the discussion of how no one's actually answering questions by changing the title.

Just curious....is there any non-arcade game developed on Unity Engine thats been released on ps3 or xbox360? I couldnt find any.
No ones that I've found. There is a cricket game though...

This is it - I was kinda hoping we could move on from the discussion of how no one's actually answering questions by changing the title.
Makes sense since 'noone' was gonna answer anything anyways!

No ones that I've found. There is a cricket game though...

Yeah thats what I thought...there are loads of pc and mobile games using Unity, but nothing for consoles (except a few arcadey ones), which makes me wonder if it really was a wise move to go with it, since its untested at console level.

Anyways, dont know if this was posted here before, but MF confirmed on Twitter that the game is 'scheduled' for global release in November.

Anyways, dont know if this was posted here before, but MF confirmed on Twitter that the game is 'scheduled' for global release in November.
As I understand it, the game's official twitter feed is just someone employed at 505 to handle social media, and is only able to repeat what they've been told at that point.

It's not to say that it is wrong, just if it had changed the guy who does the Twitter probably wouldn't be the first to know.

Users who are viewing this thread