Ashes Cricket 2013 General Discussion

I think the early September comment must have been a bluff.. maybe trying to force big ants hand?

I think the early September comment must have been a bluff.. maybe trying to force big ants hand?

They are in no position to bluff anyone

This is their third strike. Three broken promises. Now its very hard to believe anything they say

Don't think so but god knows. Tbh this whole waiting game saga is like some damn political war decision between russia and the usa or something lol...which either game would just release without the concern of one and other and if it's good it'll do well if it's not then it won't

Don't think so but god knows. Tbh this whole waiting game saga is like some damn political war decision between russia and the usa or something lol...which either game would just release without the concern of one and other and if it's good it'll do well if it's not then it won't

I don't necessarily agree...the average consumer isn't on gaming forums finding out about the detailed features of the game before buying. AC13 (if released) will no doubt sell relatively well because of the title and box art.

And just because a game is good, doesn't mean it will necessarily sell well.

We've known for a while that DBC14 will be releasing before AC13.

I don't necessarily agree...the average consumer isn't on gaming forums finding out about the detailed features of the game before buying. AC13 (if released) will no doubt sell relatively well because of the title and box art.

And just because a game is good, doesn't mean it will necessarily sell well.

We've known for a while that DBC14 will be releasing before AC13.

well the avg gamer will see the video of a game which ashes won't show .i doubt we'll be able to see the video after having bought the game.it'll start with a series of puzzles to solve ,with a cooling period of 10 hrs in the game ,for our brain, followed by our progress update.......

to be honest marketing is really important ,smooth or hindered.i don't understand how you can effectively make many people know a new game like this is there..once people know about it they'll watch a gameplay video ,read a couple of reviews and decide to buy.

a small example:if ashes can somehow market their game during the ashes series it'll be a huge bonus for them.but ultimately the better game has more chances of being a success specially for cricket fans(not fanatics like us).they'll somehow get the news and judge the better game.can be tricky for very casual to non interested or non informed about cricket crowd.

Fegan & the ocarina of vine.

I wonder if the new assets have already been released and this is some sort of online reality game that we're not playing correctly? Perhaps someone needs to augment their reality in the thread? Maybe change the birghtness/contrast or something on Mikes posts? They might be visible with a special pair of glasses xbox controller?

the bugs with this game was probably much more serious than we were told, and although they tried they could not fix it as 1 or 2 months to fix serious issues was just to short of time, I really hoped the game would have been released and do well as we need cricketing games and competition, as any game need competition to stay competitive, however, it all seems unlikely now, and the consequences would probably be dire. It is just very disappointing that a game that was in the making for 2 or 3 years may be not see the light of day, which is very difficult to understand!

I love how MF keeps (or kept, he hasn't in a while) referring to the screenshots as "assets".

A euphemism, whiteninness.

Ultimately it's bad news if this game isn't good enough for release. Competition is a good thing and it will very sad (and probably cost jobs) if AC13 ends up written off.

Ultimately it's bad news if this game isn't good enough for release. Competition is a good thing and it will very sad (and probably cost jobs) if AC13 ends up written off.

It would have been very sad if we were being robbed of a good game by a good company.

From a video game point of view I can't see this as being very sad. From a job security point of view though, yes that is upsetting.

Maybe they've fired everyone and that's why we're not gettin any info!!!

Users who are viewing this thread