Ashes Cricket 2013 General Discussion

So with 2 weeks until the end of October, this game is pretty much officially done and dusted correct? It's quite depressing really, two good cricket games are better than one.

Will this part of the forum stay open once the game is officially cancelled?

So with 2 weeks until the end of October,
Last time I order a Trickstar calendar!

Will this part of the forum stay open once the game is officially cancelled?
Probably just get dropped down the listings if we don't hear anything by the end of the month.

I emailed Game (UK) regarding the release date and they have said it is 100% concrete for the 6th. I'm guessing this will be another cancel two days before the release date saga...

Last edited:
I emailed Game (UK) regarding the release date and they have said it is 100% concrete for the 6th. I'm guessing this will be another cancel two days before the release date saga...

Yes, says 6th December on their website, can't understand why I got an email from Amazon saying 29th November, I guess slipped a week already.

Note though on Amazon's site, it's only the PC version that has a release date, no dates yet on xbox 360, PS3 or wii versions!!!

Steve S.

Note though on Amazon's site, it's only the PC version that has a release date, no dates yet on xbox 360, PS3 or wii versions!!!
Now that's very interesting. One of the hold ups for release is the platform holder approvals - requirements to meet technical standards in order to be able to be sold. A PC release isn't subject to that, so if they've had total failure at getting the game ready, then they could just go ahead with that.

I would suggest we'd know by now if they were planning a release this month, but there's been nothing predictable about all this. Just dropping the PC version of the game on the market and straight into the bargain bin is almost worse than not releasing at all.

Now that's very interesting. One of the hold ups for release is the platform holder approvals - requirements to meet technical standards in order to be able to be sold. A PC release isn't subject to that, so if they've had total failure at getting the game ready, then they could just go ahead with that.

I would suggest we'd know by now if they were planning a release this month, but there's been nothing predictable about all this. Just dropping the PC version of the game on the market and straight into the bargain bin is almost worse than not releasing at all.

Bare in mind Matt thats only Amazon, just checked Game and it's 6th December across all formats.

Steve S.

----------

Bare in mind Matt thats only Amazon, just checked Game and it's 6th December across all formats.

Steve S.

Possibly why the release is now 6th December (all formats) from 29th November (PC only) - I wouldn't be surprised if I got another email from Amazon with an amended release date.

Steve S.

I hope your wrong Steve as i don't believe this game will release in 3 weeks when we have heard
nothing in the last 2 months. If it does then say bye bye to DBC14 for this year would be my guess as
Ross will not release in December against Ashes at a cheaper price, god this is getting annoying.:(

Steve S.

Better for them to just release it on PC & make a different game for next generation console. If they start now they might make it to release by "21 June" or "early September" or "21st November" of 2015.

I hope your wrong Steve as i don't believe this game will release in 3 weeks when we have heard
nothing in the last 2 months. If it does then say bye bye to DBC14 for this year would be my guess as
Ross will not release in December against Ashes at a cheaper price
, god this is getting annoying.:(

79C - i said that weeks ago and got abused for it, so be careful!

What I find quite interesting is that every 'major' gaming retailer here in South Africa (Makro, CNA & look & Listen) has the games release date listed for either the 22nd November / Nov in their Christmas Catalogs....

Ross will not release in December against Ashes at a cheaper price, god this is getting annoying.:(

To be honest I'm with you on that one mate, there has been no marketing which is a bit strange, nothing on their websites, facebook or twitter. Besides with that DBC14 premiere they would hardly pull the plug.... DBC14 will be here AC2013 can do what it wants and yes it's getting annoying because like you I wanna play cricket :cheers

Steve S.

----------

Better for them to just release it on PC & make a different game for next generation console. If they start now they might make it to release by "21 June" or "early September" or "21st November" of 2015.

I think they should bin AC2013 period and as you say work on a game for next gen as we are all DBC14 now :cheers

Steve S.

I'm guessing this will be another cancel two days before the release date saga...

Well it's 13 days till the end of November so that's just as bad to be honest. If the game is delayed then they should tell us, surely they have decided whether or not it's actually releasing this month??

Just takes the p**s especially after what they said back in June.

Ashes Cricket 2013 said:
Thank you all for your honest feedback. Firstly, we do feel that we owe you all an apology, informing you two days before the scheduled release that the game is being delayed was an error on our part. Once we accepted that the game was not going to hit its submission dates, we were contractually obliged to gain approval from our partners before communicating a shift in release date. For the reasons outlined below, this has all happened very late in the end-phase of the development cycle. That said, we should have been more transparent and honest with our community and for this we sincerely apologise.

79C - i said that weeks ago and got abused for it, so be careful!

I did say if blocker not a yes as to be honest i'm only guessing like the rest of us. Just think about this for a second, 505 games release a trailer on Thursday and some news and at the end a release date of December 6th and what the hell will Ross say and do.

They have the Ashes name plus a cheaper price and all that. I am only talking so if some members want to have a go at me so be it, been there done that and all that.;)

I am with Steve S and think this game will not see the light of the day and to be honest I hope we find out something soon because all this yes and then no has been well not fun for all of us.

Now this is not Ross/Bigant fault, it's trickstar and mikes simple as that, I just hope it's over soon so we can have two huge things happen soon.

1. A bloody cricket game.
2. The end of this strange war over the last 6 months.

I did say if blocker not a yes as to be honest i'm only guessing like the rest of us. Just think about this for a second, 505 games release a trailer on Thursday and some news and at the end a release date of December 6th and what the hell will Ross say and do.

They have the Ashes name plus a cheaper price and all that. I am only talking so if some members want to have a go at me so be it, been there done that and all that.;)

I am with Steve S and think this game will not see the light of the day and to be honest I hope we find out something soon because all this yes and then no has been well not fun for all of us.

Now this is not Ross/Bigant fault, it's trickstar and mikes simple as that, I just hope it's over soon so we can have two huge things happen soon.

1. A bloody cricket game.
2. The end of this strange war over the last 6 months.

you're right, it's a big if about whether AC13 will see light of day, but if it does release, and beats DBC14 to the punch, you won't see DBC14 this year, i'm certain of that. (the double "if" on what AC13 does still makes DBC over 90% to release this year).

it's trickstars fault they didn't release on time (back in June), and it's certainly their fault for not giving any information whatsoever for several months now. but the effect that has had on DBC14 isn't their fault. the fact is they gave november - the month with the ashes build up and start - over to DBC. if DBC wouldn't/couldn't release this month, it's hardly trickstar's fault... it's down to Big Ant / Tru Blu / Retailers... my guess is Big Ant may have wanted to release around the time of the first test, but were unable to due to the work needed on the day one patch, and possibly also the retailers maybe wanting to concentrate on next gen releases at those times, leaving 12 Dec more the "next best" date. (i simply don't buy that it is "the" best.)

Users who are viewing this thread