Ashes Cricket 2013 General Discussion

Knowing the underhand tactics Fagin has tried to use before it wouldn't surprise me one bit if all of this silence is just a ruse to do over Big Ant. Highly unlikely, yes, but not impossible.

As mentioned above if Ashes releases on the 6th (or even any time in December) it is pretty obvious the DBC will not be released this year. If you look on their FB page there are still a lot people wondering about the game, there are more likes each day and it's clear they must have at least a modest amount of pre-orders so they don't even need to market all that much - they can rely on the Ashes doing that for them. Plus, casuals who want a cricket game and have no idea about the whole situation will buy it no question.

I think their goal will be on recouping money and f*cking Big Ant over in the process.

There is going to be a twist for sure....

Knowing the underhand tactics Fagin has tried to use before it wouldn't surprise me one bit if all of this silence is just a ruse to do over Big Ant. Highly unlikely, yes, but not impossible.

As mentioned above if Ashes releases on the 6th (or even any time in December) it is pretty obvious the DBC will not be released this year. If you look on their FB page there are still a lot people wondering about the game, there are more likes each day and it's clear they must have at least a modest amount of pre-orders so they don't even need to market all that much - they can rely on the Ashes doing that for them. Plus, casuals who want a cricket game and have no idea about the whole situation will buy it no question.

I think their mentality will be on recouping money and f*cking Big Ant over in the process.

There is going to be a twist for sure....

the bottom line is, Ashes hasn't been ready, that's the reason for the silence. if they end up managing to get something out, and it further affects DBC's release, it's not their fault, and it's not any grand plan/strategy to do over big ant, it's a bonus for them due to big ant' strategy not to release their game - which they have assured us is ready to go and would be in our hands by now if AC13 had released in June - in the build up to the biggest cricket event in their two biggest markets. that is one thing we couldn't blame trickstar for.

Last edited:
Yeah Blocker it's been a headache from other companies sometimes just most of it has been trickstar not bigant.

Ross is worried they will release something soon, will they who knows anymore to be honest.

I will say this, from the videos and a huge day one patch DBC14 is miles ahead and looks to be the killer cricket game we have wanted for so many years.
God Ross must want this game out, they will not make money just keeping it to themselves that for sure.

PS As a old fishing saying I heard when I was young, you will not catch any fish unless you put your rod and line into the water. PS Maybe my grandfather was talking about something else but that's a different story.:rolleyes

PS Let's hope we get some good news this week from someone.:clap

PS As a old fishing saying I heard when I was young, you will not catch any fish unless you put your rod and line into the water.

Not sure what type of fishing your grandfather did, but from my experience I'm not sure you actually put the rod in the water!! Also I think it works best with bait on the hook too! :thumbs

Yeah Blocker it's been a headache from other companies sometimes just most of it has been trickstar not bigant.

Ross is worried they will release something soon, will they who knows anymore to be honest.

You still buy in to that? DBC being released isn't because ross isn't ready or because he's so worried about ashes releasing it's because DBC isn't finished tbh.

I believed that maybe they are just waiting to see ashes next move but then realized this strategy coupled with some of the things ross has said (indicating the game is finished, ready to go etc) made no sense at all, until recently.

BigAnt will still have the better cricket game whenever it is released, but I don't think the reason we haven't seen DBC yet is because they are "worried about AC13"

It's not worried exactly, it's about $$$ you would get back when both crappy licensed Vs good looking no license game are released back to back? That's what I see it from what Ross has repeated many times that he would be ready for a release only when they foresee a profit zone for his company which is understandable!

They are playing 'I quit' match tbh, where 505/Mr.Fegan's co are stubborn enough to say - 'I QUIT!' :p

You still buy in to that? DBC being released isn't because ross isn't ready or because he's so worried about ashes releasing it's because DBC isn't finished tbh.

Again, factually incorrect nonsense. How is it that you keeping getting this stuff wrong?

DBC14 is finished. Ross has said this on multiple occasions. They've developed a Day 1 Patch to rectify the problems in the finished version of the game. The final version of the game would have been played at the play session if it weren't for the network connection issues. It is done. Finito.

Last edited:
Again, factually incorrect nonsense. How is it that you keeping getting this stuff wrong?

DBC14 is finished. Ross has said this on multiple occasions. They've developed a Day 1 Patch to rectify the problems in the finished version of the game. The final version of the game would have been played at the play session if it weren't for the network connection issues. It is done. Finito.

Ah okay, I wasn't aware of that.

BigAnt will still have the better cricket game whenever it is released, but I don't think the reason we haven't seen DBC yet is because they are "worried about AC13"

Big Ant are worried about trAshes 13, why I'm saying this: it is a niche market for cricket video games, not like in soccer(football) where Fifa and PES share the market and still get maximum profits, in this case, Bid Ant want to sweep clean the market with DBC14 being the the only game in the market to ensure future installments of the game and sustainability.

Ross doesn't want to share the spoils with trAshes 13, Ashes09 sold 500 000 copies, imagine if that number was to be shared by two cricket games,,,DBC14 needs to stamp their authority and take over the cricket video gaming industry, to do that, trAshes needs to be in the trash bin

So if ac13 releases in december dbc14 will be pushed to next year?

I wouldnt think so. Since Ross has revealed the year of release (2013) to the general public as well, irrespective of what AC13 does, I do firmly believe that the game would release this year.

I really don't want to get into anything, but the play session twistie had at big ant studios was final build minus day one patch, so i highly doubt the EB session would have included the patch but for network issues.

Punk may or may not be correct about whether the patch is finished, but i don't think it's nonsense to think/speculate that it might not be .

----------

It's not worried exactly, it's about $$$ you would get back when both crappy licensed Vs good looking no license game are released back to back? That's what I see it from what Ross has repeated many times that he would be ready for a release only when they foresee a profit zone for his company which is understandable!

They are playing 'I quit' match tbh, where 505/Mr.Fegan's co are stubborn enough to say - 'I QUIT!' :p

this week, the biggest cricket event in the two biggest markets gets underway. it's been clear for some time ashes wouldn't be able to release in time for it. we have been told that dbc is ready to go... evidently they have identified a "better" time. so if it winds up being back to back with ashes, we can assume that's what they wanted? (or at least it's a situation of their own making.)

----------

I wouldnt think so. Since Ross has revealed the year of release (2013) to the general public as well, irrespective of what AC13 does, I do firmly believe that the game would release this year.

if ashes 13 release before DBC, there is no way DBC can both release this year and claim they are releasing at the best time for sales volume and least risk to capital invested, as ross stated they would. everyone knows that.

I've been surprised that Big Ant are so concerned about the Ashes 2013 release date. Personally I'd have had the game in the shops this week so people can play with the first test starting.
Seeing as we don't know still if and when Ashes 2013 is releasing the decision to delay DB14 could backfire spectacularly if it ends up going head-to-head rather than getting a clear run of a few weeks first.

Users who are viewing this thread