Ashes Cricket 2013 General Discussion

The best part about those images is every single spectator is wearing the exact same wide-brim hat... exact. I see like, four dudes with brown hair... it's essentially blonde hair-racist. Even worse is there's not a single person of dark-skinned ethnicity in that crowd either. Abhorrent...

I am also wondering - what is there in this for Fegan's team to work hard for long time? Too much KFC inside closed rooms? He mentioned 24*7 QA support, I just can't imagine the QA team hired for this, all above 80 YO?

...I'd also be interested to see you similar it is to the one that barmyarmy saw at Lords back in May...

Hi Matt, to answer your questions: We have field editor for you to take a "Captain's Role" and move the field placement were you wish (within the rules). When you say no inactivity with the catching process this is not entirely true as you must place your field where you think is best then get your bowler to bowl a certain ball to entice the batsman to hit the ball in the intended direction of your fielders. If the ball comes close to the fielder he will automatically catch the ball but there are factors that come into play that may cause the fielder to miss a diving catch or the like. I guess I leave it to you to be the judge of this new system when you finally get your hands on the game.

Reverse sweep was left out initially simply because we didn't have time to perfect it in the game. Now that's no longer a excuse.

Putting features back into the game because of time restraints is also no longer a major hurdle but before we confirm all the features the team want to make sure we are indeed over some major technical hurdles that have severely hampered our ability to turn everything on. More will be revealed as we confirm certain features are now working effectively without impacting frame rate or memory on the console versions.

As previously stated from early September you will see a constant flow of materials to this effect and the vine vid doesn't show off the HUD at all which was turned off at the time we took this raw footage a month or so ago. We need the month of August to get all this together so I need to leave the team alone to totally focus on turning on all the good stuff on before we can give you a true reflection of the game.

Just to put this game in to perspective. The poor bloke thought automatic catching was the way to go.

The ONlY positive from what I've seen is the little radar screen for batsman between the wickets, bowling speeds are pretty ok, trying my best not to be too critic....... Ahh it's cack bloody cack bloody cack, absolutely awful, there's no way that should be released into the wild. Please for the love of vegetables, Ross I'm begging....... Go do that voodoo that you do so well

Here's another 7 minute long video; partly titled "Worst Game Ever".

[( Ashes Cricket 2013 Gameplay ) - lets play # Worst Game Ever ] - YouTube

(I've not watched; it labels itself as an LP so there may awful people talking over the top, IDK.)

I'm glad that it was just a few drinks now - following this has been sadly fun! My total sympathy to anyone who put their money down on this!

i know the huge difference in budgets and all but i want to be an ass hole considering every ones mood.look at the video above and then just look at mlb the show.:D on a serious note see the above video and see dbc.we'll realise how much better dbc is.

It uses a brand-new code base. It has nothing in relation with the Codemasters releases of AC09 or IC10.

Yes I know its a different company. From Ross I would like to know one thing what the hell do they see to give licenses? I mean what did ECB and CA see? Is it just money? If yes its freaking disgrace. I mean a game like DBC14 deserves licensing. I saw Cricket Life with World Cup 2015 logo which means if at all they release now they have the license? First Cricket Revolution now this? I think the ICC needs to actually have a contract with some developers and let them promote Cricket in a nicer way not this.

Imagine a person from Denmark seeing his team in ICC T20 qualifiers getting interested. Now he wants to play a game or two of cricket searches Top Cricket games or Latest cricket games and gets this game name and watches its review. Meh would he say what a piece of shit!! Bad image of cricket represented today

@MattW do I see PlanetCricket advertising boarding in those screen shots?
Yep. Back towards the start of the year before the game was delayed, when Chief was here and we were working with Trickstar on stats, I sent off an adboard for us as something they were going to put in as a thanks.

Very surprised it made it in to the final game.

Users who are viewing this thread