Ashes Cricket 2013 General Discussion

Just makes me very curious as to what improvements have been made during the time.

A gimmick revealed such as third person batting at the least minute is not really going to cut it.

I cant quite believe all the players heights and shapes are the same!

What assurances do we have this time around that we won't have another joke that is unplayable online play

And even worse the failure of anyone

A- doing anything about
B- even holding there hands up to there being a problem

Disgraceful if you ask me.

You should be going the extra mile this time around to win back some customer confidence, but oh no they decide to make a game that sounds no more advanced than the last pile of poop from 3/4 years ago..

As I've said, I can't fix the past. None of that was under my control.

I like to think that the extra mile was the 8 months of consumer consultation and conversation this time round. But I'm totally cool with waiting and letting the game do the talking. And if there's more talking to be done (I'm giving no "assurances"), then I'll be here to do it.

Proof is in the pudding and i would love more than anything for it to be the nuts!

However the line "we are planning this for future releases" has been used before.

Unfortunately this thread is very negative compared to the other!!

Especially as they have previous titles to look back at and see what was done good/bad and then improve from there

Big A have no cricket game to do that but seem in there first attempt to have everything we could want

Does not make sense to me

Its too much of a risk for me when they seem to be saying, .'I know our game sounds pretty crap, but we will make it better with updates'. Sorry but I've been burned before with codemasters. I know it was a different publisher, but I think its too much to ask us to buy what is essentially half a game and hope they keep to their word and finish it.

Yeah of course thats the key word....im just a little confused at what direction Ashes has gone in!

The game might have good gameplay, but the longevity is going to be a massive issue here for me specially. Even though I have not seen the game but it has already put me off.

God in just 12 hours or so this site his been on fire with the normal things like ashes 2013 has no hope.
I have read all the past post on this matter and now for my side of this interesting story.
I do feel for people on pc that feel ashes 2013 is going down the same road as there last 2 games and will just be the same game with a couple of new features and a shiny coat of paint, if this is the case and bigant get it right then please show the game the love with word of mouth and sales ok. Now to chief, no height also well that does suck:facepalm but if you can do updates say around aus ashes time and the game is all you are saying then i don't mind waiting for a few updates but maybe you could tell us something you feel that ashes 2013 has that can get the insults and bad feelings away from the ashes game for the time being.
This does not mean anything big, maybe something small as we cricket fans love stats and little touches here and there.
To end this about the game, maybe it's time to show us all that hard work.

i feel little bad now !!! looks like the game is taking a beating after the answer about the body types of the players in the game !!! but surely, you must see the problem !! when you caped everything under the hoods for so long most of us were thinking we are going to get something really good!!! but now it really is just the same old thing with a new cover !! you must understand why people are frustrated!!! after all we are the hard core cricket gamers who understand the game well !!

i feel little bad now !!! looks like the game is taking a beating after the answer about the body types of the players in the game !!! but surely, you must see the problem !! when you caped everything under the hoods for so long most of us were thinking we are going to get something really good!!! but now it really is just the same old thing with a new cover !! you must understand why people are frustrated!!! after all we are the hard core cricket gamers who understand the game well !!

I guess you are right! We just need one awesome thing/detail that is in the game, from Chief. We will all be happy. I think its all gone a bit out of hand since everything we ask for gets a 'No' on this thread while it gets a 'Yes' (almost everytime) in the other one. I really want both games to do well.

Chief, if possible, instead of doing a podcast on why different heights are not there (negative stuff), why not talk about, say, your batting or bowling, maybe a podcast on some awesome moments you had while playing the game (positive stuff). I think we have had enough posts of what is not in the game.....please PLEASE give us what all is there in the game. Get our adrenaline pumping for this game :)!

Users who are viewing this thread