Ashes Cricket 2013 General Discussion

I guess you are right! We just need one awesome thing/detail that is in the game, from Chief. We will all be happy. I think its all gone a bit out of hand since everything we ask for gets a 'No' on this thread while it gets a 'Yes' (almost everytime) in the other one. I really want both games to do well.

Chief, if possible, instead of doing a podcast on why different heights are not there (negative stuff), why not talk about, say, your batting or bowling, maybe a podcast on some awesome moments you had while playing the game (positive stuff). I think we have had enough posts of what is not in the game.....please PLEASE give us what all is there in the game. Get our adrenaline pumping for this game :)!

I agree. Even after the last podcast on motion control i mentioned i would rather hear about what is IN the game rather than what is NOT. Chief seems to be only mentioning everything that is not in the game. Not sure if it is some kind of strategy to keep our expectations low and then reveal some great feature in the game that will make us forget everything. So far it is just backfiring. People are not keeping their expectations low, the are just getting outright negative.

Chief, how about you talk about the dynamic weather and how it affects gameplay? I know you said gameplay talk without video to prove it does not mean anything. But to be honest we would still like to hear about it now to get the positive feeling back towards this game.

Chief, how about you talk about the dynamic weather and how it affects gameplay? I know you said gameplay talk without video to prove it does not mean anything. But to be honest we would still like to hear about it now to get the positive feeling back towards this game.

Yeah....would like to hear about that as well. Maybe chief can have his next podcast on the dynamic weather system :)!!!

And about the over the top criticism.
Yeah I was one of the members who opted out of buying this game(after my favorite feature was left out). But let me take a moment thank Chief for being very active in the thread since the announcement. It has been an honor to hear from you.
But...
Guys, when a creator like BigAnt with an out-of-the-world feature list, a very experienced CEO who has been in the industry for so long and even made a GOTY editon and also is self financing, decides to make a cricket game...anything that sounds like another cricket game might feel inferior. As someone said, yeah Chief wanted to give us what we all want the most at present. Ashes Cricket 2013 would be of the highest quality on what it offers.

That said, I'm sure I will wait until AC13 price drops and Trickstar comes up with the feature I want atleast as a paid addition, so I can play the game. For now I will stick with Superstar BigAnt, like I wish to call them:spy.
And yeah Chief I'm still pissed that you left out tours, even manual additions.:p

Cheers Chief, I guess you are smiling at all those criticism and waiting to show us the game.:)

By the time those podcasts reach us the game will be out! There were meant to be weekly question sessions!

Be better off just posting here. Knowing roughly how the weather and conditions affect gameplay would bd very nice!

By the time those podcasts reach us the game will be out! There were meant to be weekly question sessions!

Be better off just posting here. Knowing roughly how the weather and conditions affect gameplay would bd very nice!

With roughly a little more than a month to go for the release, it would be a nice time to start the 'weekly' podcasts.

A point to remember against the "IC10 with a roster update" school i.e. playing yorkers off the back foot and online broken is that Trickstar don't own the IC10 code; Codemasters do.
This had to be written from scratch therefore it stands to reason that the same bugs won't be present (exciting new ones instead!).

I agree. Even after the last podcast on motion control i mentioned i would rather hear about what is IN the game rather than what is NOT. Chief seems to be only mentioning everything that is not in the game. Not sure if it is some kind of strategy to keep our expectations low and then reveal some great feature in the game that will make us forget everything. So far it is just backfiring. People are not keeping their expectations low, the are just getting outright negative.

Yeah i was thinking the same thing and i bet many more did also, so like other have said maybe chief can talk about the bowling,batting and fielding or pick one. Maybe chief likes to be told off and need a challenge or he has some more special features to tell us about in the weeks to come.;)

@Thandamilk - couple of points.

1. Big Ant's likes are for the studio not the game.
2. AC13s are for the game not the studio.

That's what I mentioned in the original post as well:

thandamilk said:
We also have to keep in mind Big Ant's network is based on its larger presence as a studio (and therefore would include a segment of the audience not necessarily interested in the Cricket game), whereas Trickstar's social presence is focused specifically on Cricket, so the gulf is actually larger.

So, in agreement there. Read "Trickstar" above as "Ashes Cricket 2013", given your correction below.

505 games is the producer for AC13 not Trickstar.

Got it. Thanks for the correction.

I guess you are right! We just need one awesome thing/detail that is in the game, from Chief. We will all be happy. I think its all gone a bit out of hand since everything we ask for gets a 'No' on this thread while it gets a 'Yes' (almost everytime) in the other one. I really want both games to do well.

Chief, if possible, instead of doing a podcast on why different heights are not there (negative stuff), why not talk about, say, your batting or bowling, maybe a podcast on some awesome moments you had while playing the game (positive stuff). I think we have had enough posts of what is not in the game.....please PLEASE give us what all is there in the game. Get our adrenaline pumping for this game :)!
Yeah Just reveal the BIG ONE feature for AC13 and I am pretty sure all the negativity surrounding this thread will vanish as the people will want to know whats in the game instead of listening to whats not in the game.
I am kinda feel for Chief , I know it will be tough to face a competition from a game whose Ceo is not only passionate cricket lover but also a game studio owner and is self financing a dream cricket game for himself and all the cricket fans.
I am pretty sure as Cheif also being a hardcore cricket fan will love the end result no matter which game succeeds :)

hmmm, after seeing 2 people who have thanked you it can't be anyone else than our very own friend :rolleyes

Thanks i would love to give extra credit to Lee 1981 and Gone4aDuck for helping me in there special ways, with no cricket games for so long the wait has been well i had kittens:p. Can't wait to hear from you GUYS soon. :cheers:wave:clap

I'm not too fussed about DRS not being in the game. All i want is a competitive AI and a bug free online mode.

Chief will the Ashes series include the 2 T20's and 5 ODI's aswell as the 5 Test matches?

I'm not too fussed about DRS not being in the game. All i want is a competitive AI and a bug free online mode.

Chief will the Ashes series include the 2 T20's and 5 ODI's aswell as the 5 Test matches?

No. The Ashes Series is the 5 test matches. You can play 2 x T20s or 5 ODI's in a series though...

Users who are viewing this thread