Ashes Cricket General Discussion

I'm sure it's just me but 1.03 felt great (apart from some dodgy runouts). It's just annoying that stuff gets released hurredly to appease people at short notice and you are stuck with it if changes create more problems.
completely agree, stuff like the spinners foot being a little outside the line and a camera angle... Can live without both of those if the gameplay was back to 1.03

completely agree, stuff like the spinners foot being a little outside the line and a camera angle... Can live without both of those if the gameplay was back to 1.03

Totally agreed. I don't know what's going on as no changes to AI were mentioned at all. I guess it's just our bad luck? Can anyone else comment? The sample size of just the weekend isn't really big enough to draw any conclusions.

I had a thought which I voiced in DBC17. Can changing the gameplay modifiers affect how the AI behaves? All I have done is slightly increased the speed of pace bowlers.

Last edited:
Totally agreed. I don't know what's going on as no changes to AI were mentioned at all. I guess it's just our bad luck? Can anyone else comment? The sample size of just the weekend isn't really big enough to draw any conclusions.

I had a thought which I voiced in DBC17. Can changing the gameplay modifiers affect how the AI behaves? All I have done is slightly increased the speed of pace bowlers.

Hmm, @WealeyH has been playing with bowling speed cranked right up and the AI looked pretty competent from his videos.

Hmm, @WealeyH has been playing with bowling speed cranked right up and the AI looked pretty competent from his videos.

Oh I'd say they were competent. It just doesn't feel as interesting as 1.03, with hardly a play and miss. Granted I am on a good pitch with a small sample size of play.

Oh I'd say they were competent. It just doesn't feel as interesting as 1.03, with hardly a play and miss. Granted I am on a good pitch with a small sample size of play.
I've had a few play and misses, nothing near the stumps though, Bowling mostly around the top of off. The AI just seem silly now, about 80% of the boundaries coming from aerial shots... It's not as if I'm playing a ring field, there are plenty of gaps but they just try go over the top

I've had a few play and misses, nothing near the stumps though, Bowling mostly around the top of off. The AI just seem silly now, about 80% of the boundaries coming from aerial shots... It's not as if I'm playing a ring field, there are plenty of gaps but they just try go over the top

I just hope we can get back to 1.03 on the PC version. That really was the holy grail.

And to be honest, this so called stumping bug was never an issue for me, so if that's what caused it that's a little disappointing.

I just hope we can get back to 1.03 on the PC version. That really was the holy grail.

I expect there will be a bunch more patches before the PC version is released so ideally the gameplay would be even better than 1.03 when that happens.

And to be honest, this so called stumping bug was never an issue for me, so if that's what caused it that's a little disappointing.

The whole barrage and bug threads etc annoy me.

The dust isn't even allowed to settle before guys are demanding fixes. Then things go wrong trying to please them. It infuriates me.

Out the box the game was absolutely fine with tweaks needed. But people make the most mundane issues out to be life or death!

The whole barrage and bug threads etc annoy me.

The dust isn't even allowed to settle before guys are demanding fixes. Then things go wrong trying to please them. It infuriates me.

Out the box the game was absolutely fine with tweaks needed. But people make the most mundane issues out to be life or death!

Big Ant shouldn't cater to everyone. You guys put in so much work achieving a fantastic product on day one. A hand picked cream of the crop of people who know what cricket is all about, not a load of random guys posting threads on a forum.

I've just had a windows update that I didn't ask for that has rendered the thing totally useless, with drivers incompatible and crashing which will result in a hefty repair bill. So let's just say updates that you can't ask for or roll back aren't exactly flavour of the weekend.

Anyone know Ashes Cricket system requirements???

DO IT HAVE SAME GRAPHICS AS DBC 17 OR IMPROVED???

Big Ant shouldn't cater to everyone. You guys put in so much work achieving a fantastic product on day one.

I've just had a windows update that I didn't ask for that has rendered the thing totally useless, with drivers incompatible and crashing which will result in a hefty repair bill. So let's just say updates that you can't ask for or roll back aren't exactly flavour of the weekend.

I'm going to bowl a session at the AI on PS4 in a bit and see what I think. I've sunk a good 100 plus hours into it so I reckon I'd be able to tell an obvious difference!!

I'm going to bowl a session at the AI on PS4 in a bit and see what I think. I've sunk a good 100 plus hours into it so I reckon I'd be able to tell an obvious difference!!

Crank the pace up slightly (I have pace 70, 70) bowl on a good pitch, and tell me if you ever get a bowled, LBW or bat pad, even a defensive play and miss. Maybe this whole issue of batsmen getting into line has taken us back to DBC17.

Users who are viewing this thread