Ashes Cricket General Discussion

Crank the pace up slightly (I have pace 70, 70) bowl on a good pitch, and tell me if you ever get a bowled, LBW or bat pad, even a defensive play and miss. Maybe this whole issue of batsmen getting into line has taken us back to DBC17.
I haven't touched any sliders on mine so it can't be that causing it

Currently the requirements are to own a PS4 or XBox One.
Bro,That i will do once i get the job after 1-2 years.And then i will be playing new big ant studios cricket game DBC 19 I guess??
Right now i am looking for steam version once it releases and therefore I need to know system requirements..

Crank the pace up slightly (I have pace 70, 70) bowl on a good pitch, and tell me if you ever get a bowled, LBW or bat pad, even a defensive play and miss. Maybe this whole issue of batsmen getting into line has taken us back to DBC17.
I have had a couple of lovely spinners bowled and at least one with a seamer. I haven't bowled as much as I have batted though.

Big Ant shouldn't cater to everyone. You guys put in so much work achieving a fantastic product on day one. A hand picked cream of the crop of people who know what cricket is all about, not a load of random guys posting threads on a forum.

I've just had a windows update that I didn't ask for that has rendered the thing totally useless, with drivers incompatible and crashing which will result in a hefty repair bill. So let's just say updates that you can't ask for or roll back aren't exactly flavour of the weekend.
There are two ways of looking at this. No one will ever try to break something knowingly. They did want to fix things which were reported(And BigAnt would have figured it out that it was required). If they had got it right, it would have only made the game better. Unfortunately there seems to be new issues as a part of the process. I'm sure they can undo the changes and go back to how it was before, but I don't feel that is what they want to settle at.

*Only my opinion. Could be wrong as well.

I hope PC version will be more fine tuned and similar to the day one patch of xbone without all these changes

There are two ways of looking at this. No one will ever try to break something knowingly. They did want to fix things which were reported(And BigAnt would have figured it out that it was required). If they had got it right, it would have only made the game better. Unfortunately there seems to be new issues as a part of the process. I'm sure they can undo the changes and go back to how it was before, but I don't feel that is what they want to settle at.

*Only my opinion. Could be wrong as well.

And things may not have changed at all. I'll keep bowling and watching while I work.

On the upside I have had some really nice faint nicks to the keeper.

I really enjoy bowling in this game.

I like picking a good length and line and working it religiously, might take some damage because the AI is much better at batting in this game, but you can plod along and then change up length or pace and catch them out.

Have there been times when I delivered a ball I think there was no way they knew it was coming and they have blasted me for 4 or 6? Definitely, but that happens.

I just love this feeling of needing to be tidy with the bowling and take your lumps because the AI is much more aggressive. Should they take more singles? Sure, but I also think the AI should be way way more aggressive running in general because I have never gotten the AI out between the wickets in any DBC/Ashes game.

Is there a way to see the colored grid overlay on the wicket with where you have placed all your bowlers deliveries?

Attachments

• 84E55183-EF09-4BE2-88DE-ACEEC0C9ADEE.jpeg
    84E55183-EF09-4BE2-88DE-ACEEC0C9ADEE.jpeg
    42.3 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
I've had a few play and misses, nothing near the stumps though, Bowling mostly around the top of off. The AI just seem silly now, about 80% of the boundaries coming from aerial shots... It's not as if I'm playing a ring field, there are plenty of gaps but they just try go over the top
Put shot force low like 6 then A1 will take single double and triple

I have had a couple of lovely spinners bowled and at least one with a seamer. I haven't bowled as much as I have batted though.

On 1.05? So have I, on 1.03. I just haven't seen it since the dodgy 1.04 update and 1.05.

Put shot force low like 6 then A1 will take single double and triple
the shot force is not the issue... The issue is the AI playing too many shots in the air for a test match[DOUBLEPOST=1511108899][/DOUBLEPOST]
On 1.05? So have I, on 1.03. I just haven't seen it since the dodgy 1.04 update and 1.05.
I've bowled Lyon for 20 straight overs just now, ball turning round corners. But not even a single play and miss... One wicket coming from a miss timed cut shot straight to gully

the shot force is not the issue... The issue is the AI playing too many shots in the air for a test match[DOUBLEPOST=1511108899][/DOUBLEPOST] I've bowled Lyon for 20 straight overs just now, ball turning round corners. But not even a single play and miss... One wicket coming from a miss timed cut shot straight to gully

Jee that's really gutting to hear. DBC17 was like bowling at a brick wall that offered occasional lobs and slogs for wickets, and this is feeling similar. I'm not sure how some minor changes can cause this though?

@Langeveldt just got a different kind of dismissal... Run out where the striker decided not to run at all... They both just stood at the strikers end, I almost didn't want to take the bails off

I might reinstall and ignore any patch downloads if they are not compulsory. Knocks out being able to access the academy.

Users who are viewing this thread