Ashes Cricket General Discussion

The good thing about KFC is if you don't like it or, more to the point your belly doesn't like it it comes with it's own bucket.

But seriously, comes with it's own official sponsorship partners... ? (KFC confirmed... ???).

in dbc14 and 17, the licensed grounds (bradman oval in 14, bradman oval & scg in 17) always had the "real" sponsors at those stadiums and the other stadiums had the fake/generic sponsors. i guess this is the same sort of thing

I do agree and I think you are right Lords was in either or both definitely in International cricket 2010.

It was in both. But, and I make a notch on the wall ever time I say this, licensing is very complicated. Lots of parties own different bits.

Ideally, they will eventually come together an form an umbrella organisation, such as operates in football, American Football, Baseball etc. There's nothing like that in cricket, so it's a case of going to every individual entity for each individual element, which takes a huge amount of legwork.

It was in both. But, and I make a notch on the wall ever time I say this, licensing is very complicated. Lots of parties own different bits.

Ideally, they will eventually come together an form an umbrella organisation, such as operates in football, American Football, Baseball etc. There's nothing like that in cricket, so it's a case of going to every individual entity for each individual element, which takes a huge amount of legwork.

Even in something like football it's an outright mess. Going by some past chats with people who worked on FIFA and PES in the past, licencing in the Brazilian league is the kind of thing to send someone into an early retirement.

The two main issues that I'd see are the Iris graphics which are a lot lot better than most integrated graphics but put a load on the CPU (and memory, but you've got 16 gigs so there's plenty of RAM available) and that might be an issue. The other problem over time would be the usual laptop gaming issue of heat causing the processor to thermally throttle, but if it works with other games with similar specs then I'd be confident that it would work.
I'd only be playing for a few hours all up just to get some videos out I reckon

Thanks for clarifying although I would happily scrap licencing for gameplay.

Hopefully this time they get the broadcast camera and Career mode stats correct and and not like in DBC17.
I will be getting this game anyway because I really want to support cricket games and so far only Big Ant are giving the Cricket fans something and not Greedy EA.

Finally the different batting n bowling animations are going to be a reality, WOW

Users who are viewing this thread