Ashes Cricket General Discussion

Very unrealistic and unreasonable to think that really. Yearly increments would mean the game will have to have significant profits over a short duration of time (4-6 months) which I don't think is the case with cricket's user base. It works with Fifa because the number of people buying the game is huge.
That may be a valid point... it may not, how could anyone know for sure what the numbers are? .... But even so theres a huge market for progression considering there's enough major tournaments going on in world cricket to keep it fresh and interesting, and with 20/20 and day/night test match cricket still in its relative infancy, it means theres a chance cricket gaming has an opportunity to grow alongside and benefit from possible new fans and the younger generation fixated on gaming. A yearly release gives BA a chance to work on an already impressive engine minus the refinements a yearly release would incur. Just my 2 cents worth anyway.

Very unrealistic and unreasonable to think that really. Yearly increments would mean the game will have to have significant profits over a short duration of time (4-6 months) which I don't think is the case with cricket's user base. It works with Fifa because the number of people buying the game is huge.
With a good promotional videos and advertising, which they are already into BA can expect a good sale. If not yearly release, at least once every 2 years would be nice. I guess Ashes is also once in 2 yrs affair.
Only request for @BigAntStudios is that do support the buyers by addressing the inevitable bugs (if any) with patches. Do visit the concern forums and REPLY to us on regular basis.

Do remember for any product all these advertising and promotions hold good before release, once released the buyers are the best advertisers for the product. Hope @MattW note the point.

how could anyone know for sure what the numbers are?
You're right. We don't have the numbers. But if there's only one developer at the moment who is making cricket games, it does seem logical to think that it's not big enough to be considered for yearly releases.

I could be totally wrong about this but I feel that if Indian population decide to support cricket games (meaning buy it legally), I do foresee annual releases. This is not to say that the other markets are insignificant but just that the sheer volume of people in India that love cricket clearly outnumber the rest.

You're right. We don't have the numbers. But if there's only one developer at the moment who is making cricket games, it does seem logical to think that it's not big enough to be considered for yearly releases.

You know what else "seems" logical?

Cricket gaming has never been done right, and its been done alot, and if its been done alot, it might "seem" logical that there's a big enough market for annual releases.

Im not saying it should be or shouldn't be, but it will be interesting to see what the improvements are like for this game, and if its well recieved or a smash hit, it will be interesting to see how they go about releases from then on. I'm only discussing the issue not arguing or trying to see who's right or wrong... just think it will be "interesting" to watch how it plays out. I'm optimistic :yes

I was hugely surprised to see big ant announcing ashes cricket release within year of dbc17 but then thought about australia hosting ashes and it was rational[DOUBLEPOST=1506230633][/DOUBLEPOST]I was hoping for dbc20 with different bowling and batting animations but big ant have made their new mocap studio count so early

You know what else "seems" logical?

Cricket gaming has never been done right, and its been done alot, and if its been done alot, it might "seem" logical that there's a big enough market for annual releases.

Im not saying it should be or shouldn't be, but it will be interesting to see what the improvements are like for this game, and if its well recieved or a smash hit, it will be interesting to see how they go about releases from then on. I'm only discussing the issue not arguing or trying to see who's right or wrong... just think it will be "interesting" to watch how it plays out. I'm optimistic :yes
I agree: having a series of games backed by the official boards can only be a good thing as long as the developer has free reign on the creative process...why not World Cup Editions etcetera.....

What BigAnt has done to DBC17 was absolutely right to counter the Pirates by putting rain bug and controller disconnect issues.
Similar measures needs to be taken in the case of Ashes cricket also.Then legit owners like me can expect annual titles from BigAnt.

What BigAnt has done to DBC17 was absolutely right to counter the Pirates by putting rain bug and controller disconnect issues.
Similar measures needs to be taken in the case of Ashes cricket also.Then legit owners like me can expect annual titles from BigAnt.
That's why some games developers release it on PC late.

That's why some games developers release it on PC late.

..or not at all.

Ashes will release for Steam but I have to say that PC is a pain in the backside, it won't make any money, very lucky to break even, and it puts the product at risk via piracy.

..or not at all.

Ashes will release for Steam but I have to say that PC is a pain in the backside, it won't make any money, very lucky to break even, and it puts the product at risk via piracy.
Yeah most people download it and just pirate it sadly.
In Countries like India and Pakistan its normal to just go down to a local computer store and buy a pirated copy of any PC game.

..or not at all.

Say "NO" to pains in the backside ross, or yes up to you. But make sure you protect that game for all our sake, please and thank you!

Yeah most people download it and just pirate it sadly.
In Countries like India and Pakistan its normal to just go down to a local computer store and buy a pirated copy of any PC game.
And I don't think DBC 17 was cracked..Which is a great positive for PC gamers..So let the tradition continue..

All the stadiums where Ashes will be played will be in the game. If there is any stadium not in the game (apart from ashes stadiums), you can create them in Stadium Creator. :)

Great to see Big Ant committed to cricket. Looking forward to making the most of this game. It's great that you can do things other than 'just' the Ashes because 'those one tournament' games can be quite limiting. Licences a major step forward hopefully for future games combined with the Academy.

Great to see Big Ant committed to cricket. Looking forward to making the most of this game. It's great that you can do things other than 'just' the Ashes because 'those one tournament' games can be quite limiting. Licences a major step forward hopefully for future games combined with the Academy.
good to see you around again mate!

Users who are viewing this thread