Ashes Cricket General Discussion

..or not at all.

Ashes will release for Steam but I have to say that PC is a pain in the backside, it won't make any money, very lucky to break even, and it puts the product at risk via piracy.

You should actually try putting your games on sale on Steam once in awhile. And I'm talking 66-75% price drops, it might sound insane but you could be surprised how many people would take a punt at DBC17 at that £10-£15. When you have a niche game you need some way to suck the casuals in, it's even a running joke among Steam users that they buy games on sale they wouldn't have dreamed of paying full price for.

But nah, better to just completely shit on your PC player-base by saying they're worthless to you and associating them with pirates. :cheers

..or not at all.

Ashes will release for Steam but I have to say that PC is a pain in the backside, it won't make any money, very lucky to break even, and it puts the product at risk via piracy.
Ross sir
Here in India DBC17 was not cracked and pirated , because of the protection measures taken .It was required for anyone to buy from steam in order to play and needs to have verified online first.So DBC17 was well secured from pirates.

You should actually try putting your games on sale on Steam once in awhile. And I'm talking 66-75% price drops, it might sound insane but you could be surprised how many people would take a punt at DBC17 at that £10-£15. When you have a niche game you need some way to suck the casuals in, it's even a running joke among Steam users that they buy games on sale they wouldn't have dreamed of paying full price for.

But nah, better to just completely shit on your PC player-base by saying they're worthless to you and associating them with pirates. :cheers

I don't think Ross did any such thing. He simply stated that PC version isn't as profitable as console version and that PC version risks being pirated. Both statements are true IMO and I don't think they qualify as shitting on PC player base. If Ross really wanted to shit upon PC players, Big Ant wouldn't have released or supported PC version of the game.

@BigAntStudios i tend to accept this. If Ashes was in the plan, DBC17 could have been out on sale may be around 30-50% discount offer, many would have bought it. Now that Ashes is gonna be out soon. Even a sale wouldn’t make DBC17 attractive for purchase. Over the top the broken career mode in DBC17.

I don't think Ross did any such thing. He simply stated that PC version isn't as profitable as console version and that PC version risks being pirated. Both statements are true IMO and I don't think they qualify as shitting on PC player base. If Ross really wanted to shit upon PC players, Big Ant wouldn't have released or supported PC version of the game.

It's not profitable because whoever decides the sales strategy for PC (could be TruBlu for all I know) is extremely unimaginative. At some point you have to realise that on Steam you're selling direct to users on a platform where people have an almost infinite number of alternative options and access to feedback from other users very easily.

"Nobody wants to pay full price for my incredibly niche product that has mixed reviews due to a plethora of bugs and has now been out for 6+ months so every hardcore cricket gamer will have bought it already" What a shocker!

But of course doing anything other than just leaving it sitting up there for £40 is probably too much of a "pain in the backside".

Again, maybe it's not even Big Ant who decides the pricing on the Don Bradman games. I hope it's not so they can maybe try something a little more creative for Ashes Cricket...

@BigAntStudios who decides the pricing of DBC14 and DBC17? It’s BA or Trublu ?
Jus to know how it works, who does the math on this, developer or publisher has a final say on the pricing and discount sales?

Yep...funnyadit is THE guy!
So now I set the rule that whoever asks about the pricing before the official announcement would have to pay 2x for every post regarding price details..

Eg: First time typed asking for price $100 [as that website states]
100x2 = $200
Same person asking second time
200x2 = $400
and so on

Note: Some might end up paying over $10000 ...:p

So now I set the rule that whoever asks about the pricing before the official announcement would have to pay 2x for every post regarding price details..

Eg: First time typed asking for price $100 [as that website states]
100x2 = $200
Same person asking second time
200x2 = $400
and so on

Note: Some might end up paying over $10000 ...:p

Exactly why I fear putting amateurs in a position of power :facepalm

..or not at all.

dont worry atleast i will buy your game on steam ,, <3 hav to suport cause u make cricket games for us ..

Does any one know how many number of commentators will be there in Ashes Cricket??

Users who are viewing this thread