Ashes Cricket General Discussion

I can understand someone asking the question why the game hasn't been on sale: then you can get an answer as there are no doubt legit reasons behind the scenes why that is the case, probably out of control of BA....but to then go to "shitting on pc owners".....then I am afraid you indeed have no idea what you are talking about. I rate you highly as a poster but this is...of course you are free to despute the pricing policy but to say BA as a developer is shitting on pc users is frankly just downright unintelligent rude. You clearly have no idea......
Maybe just in a bad mood maybe @Spoobir
I always enjoy his posts related to game..Hope you continue that with Ashes as well....

Maybe just in a bad mood maybe @Spoobir
I always enjoy his posts related to game..Hope you continue that with Ashes as well....
Or he's having his male p... Yep, just in a bad mood.

Well at least Big Ant show balls where EA fear to tread if you don't have a gaming PC then why pas a comment.

In all fairness, Bradman Cricket 14 and to a certain extent 17, is closest to Cricket Sim. Would like to see a good AI or more flexibility to the user in Ashes Cricket. For example in Casual matches the batting team could modify Bowling Teams tactics without having to change sides. Change Fields, Decide attacking strategies, trying to get a knick, bounce the batsmen out, bowling round the wicket in the rough etc. (For e.g FIFA games give you liberty to have set pieces and other micro strategies). Bradman now is getting repetitive, with every team using same strategies and fast bowlers bowling round the wicket on Day 1 of the match for no apparent reason. Maybe too much to ask this soon. Eagerly waiting for November.

I can understand someone asking the question why the game hasn't been on sale: then you can get an answer as there are no doubt legit reasons behind the scenes why that is the case, probably out of control of BA....but to then go to "shitting on pc owners".....then I am afraid you indeed have no idea what you are talking about. I rate you highly as a poster but this is...of course you are free to despute the pricing policy but to say BA as a developer is shitting on pc users is frankly just downright unintelligent rude. You clearly have no idea......

It's not my opinion that Big Ant as a developer shits on PC users as a policy. It is that Ross does, through various snide remarks and implications I've read from him on here. It is clearly undeniable he doesn't like the platform and even said earlier if it were his choice he wouldn't release for PC.

And in regards to my last post, he obviously has no problems taking cheap shots so I'm not going to pass up the chance. :p

All that said, my personal opinions about Ross are irrelevant to my opinions to the actual games Big Ant releases. So I hope the upcoming game is amazing and a huge success on ALL platforms. :D

@BigAntStudios

I'm curious if/how your team has expanded between DBC17 and Ashes Cricket. Have you taken on more staff to develop a game with a bigger profile? Do you have larger QA and PR teams for this game than you did for DBC14 and 17? Or is your staff pretty much the same size....

i am very excited to hear about this game have had many cricket games in the past infact my first ever was EA Sports Cricket 97
my fav would have to be DBC14 i will buy this game if stats work like in DBC14 thats my one wish Stats from DBC14 Acadamy of DBC17

@BigAntStudios

I'm curious if/how your team has expanded between DBC17 and Ashes Cricket. Have you taken on more staff to develop a game with a bigger profile? Do you have larger QA and PR teams for this game than you did for DBC14 and 17? Or is your staff pretty much the same size....

well there's no trublu so they've shipped out a load of useless twats

when you consider the value in price per hour these games easily net you 500+ hours if your a fan of the sport

Though i wouldn't mind seeing a region pricing if possible for subcontinent, cause quite a few folk who were onboard for dbc 14 were missing for 17 due to the lack of region pricing. That said with ashes coming i dont think giving a discount for 17 is a good idea either for the buying customer or BA.

region pricing would be a good idea because money is worth differently all over the world. $50 USD is pretty cheap for a game in Australia but
in other countries like USA, UK, NZ, SA and in subcontinent might not be the case. I agree giving DBC17 a discount is a crazy idea, the game hasn't
even been out for a year, i would wait to November if it was me and buy that Ashes 17 instead because it's newer but with this new Ashes Cricket 17 game,
you will probably need a very strong pc to max it out

Ok so get us back to Ashes cricket discussion mode with something today...:D
Yeah this our tactic- create a diversion by squabbling and demonstrating descent in reflection of our restlessness hoping Ross gets so worked up and frazzled he accidentally uploads a gameplay trailer :thumbs

Users who are viewing this thread