Ashes Cricket General Discussion

That was a suspension, not a ban, right?
What the official word was, that he was made unavailable pending the initial investigation.[DOUBLEPOST=1522233073][/DOUBLEPOST]In one of our initial pre release builds, Stokes was prominent in the menu tiles. As the news broke he was removed. He also had an official NB bat but it was also altered when he was dropped by them.[DOUBLEPOST=1522233143][/DOUBLEPOST]
Innocent until proven guilty! He's pleaded not guilty.

Agreed that Smith won't be removed though. I did take great pleasure in deleting warner from the Aussie team last night though.
I started a game with Burns, Renshaw and Maxwell. Needless to say, Maxwell smashed me around for a bit until until run out for 81. Karma

If not removed, atleast their 'mentalities' should see some changes though.

BONUS POWER: When in your game the ball will reverse swing 10 overs earlier.
But you would need Bancroft in the team right? On a serious note, reverse swing could be a nice feature to be included in the game (not sure if it's already in).

But you would need Bancroft in the team right? On a serious note, reverse swing could be a nice feature to be included in the game (not sure if it's already in).
Well its not there already but animation is. Yesterday when i was playing i noticed mich (Ai) was bowling reverse. Bowling perfect in swingers with ruff side away from the right hander.

It was like 10th over, and Bancroft fielding way back at fine leg. Ai is careful now, making sure the leadership group is no where near the ball

Last edited:
One thing you cant complain about codies is the level of communication and engagement they had with PC community. Remember chief?

To be fair there wasn't a *huge* amount of public interaction in the Codies days. That was like almost 10 years ago now and there wasn't the level of community there is these days. And everyone was very careful about legal things, especially when dealing with 3rd party licenses (who, at the time, were maybe behind the community curve as well!)

I had lots of private conversations and did *A LOT* of lurking, but there wasn't a huge amount of visible public engagement.[DOUBLEPOST=1522236100][/DOUBLEPOST]
Well they are the only company that makes cricket games and to be honest they make decent cricket games compare to Codemasters and EA.
Still would love to see EA make a return but it's not happening sadly.

IMHO all of this is wrong. :)

To be fair there wasn't a *huge* amount of public interaction in the Codies days. That was like almost 10 years ago now and there wasn't the level of community there is these days. And everyone was very careful about legal things, especially when dealing with 3rd party licenses (who, at the time, were maybe behind the community curve as well!)

I had lots of private conversations and did *A LOT* of lurking, but there wasn't a huge amount of visible public engagement.[DOUBLEPOST=1522236100][/DOUBLEPOST]

IMHO all of this is wrong. :)
Well to be fair i think you did good compared with AB officials, my point was you did engage better with PC community. The product was not that good . But i dont think its fair to compare 2 games 10yr apart.

Well its not there already but animation is. Yesterday when i was playing i noticed mich (Ai) was bowling reverse. Bowling perfect in swingers with ruff side away from the right hander.

It was like 10th over, and Bancroft fielding way back at fine leg. Ai is careful now, making sure the leadership group is no where near the ball
Forget the rough side, I'm not even able to see the freakin ball without the markers.
Were you able to bowl any reverse?

Forget the rough side, I'm not even able to see the freakin ball without the markers.
Were you able to bowl any reverse?
Haha. I found out about it with slow motion replys. No mate there is NO reverse at all. I do shine the ball ones every over, wonder whether that makes a difference?

Haha. I found out about it with slow motion replys. No mate there is NO reverse at all. I do shine the ball ones every over, wonder whether that makes a difference?
The option does seem to be there right? (Check the rough side and set seam and swing accordingly ?). Maybe not implemented right yet. Hopefully there are more patches in future to cover detailed aspects.

One thing I've been wondering for a while: is it possible to hit the stumps from a delivery using a spinner? I'd like to be able to see a couple of Murali or Warney-esque deliveries but even when I crank the spin revolution modifier up to max I am unable to achieve barely any movement after pitching — certainly not enough to trouble the batsman. I have had a couple of rare lbw's using spin, but generally I get bugger all for ages and then the AI will whack a dodgy one in the air for me to easily catch.

Can we actually shine the ball in the game ?

Users who are viewing this thread