Ashes Cricket General Discussion

No ones questing about having a process. But how come the process is much faster for all the other BA games, thats just not investing enough resources to the process. As rose him self said in this very forum that ashes is going to get the same support from BA as their other games . He said that before the release. I guess its clear they didnt live up to their promise

I don't mind even if it takes couple more months from now, but hopefully the end result will be a cake which can really be decorated for the WC 2019 version (if any).

No ones questing about having a process. But how come the process is much faster for all the other BA games, thats just not investing enough resources to the process. As rose him self said in this very forum that ashes is going to get the same support from BA as their other games . He said that before the release. I guess its clear they didnt live up to their promise

He has already explained that AO Tennis is set up in such a way to allow for ‘faster’ patches

How do you know if the NRL process is faster or not?

Would you like them to release it before it’s finished?

I dare say an unfinished patch would yield more negativity than waiting for a better patch.

There was an issue we faced with run rates this week in a beta build. If it was released at that point, the broader community would not have been happy.

You need to understand it is still an ongoing process

It will be great if you can share the patch notes if there are no restrictions from BAS. Just to let us know what is happening behind the curtains.

He has already explained that AO Tennis is set up in such a way to allow for ‘faster’ patches

How do you know if the NRL process is faster or not?
Well NRL is getting the patch dont they? Am assuming your implying that BA is treating ashes the same way they they treat other games, is that so?
The fact is first 2 patches didnt fix much in the game and 6 months down the line we are still waiting for a reasonable patch. !

Would you like them to release it before it’s finished?

I dare say an unfinished patch would yield more negativity than waiting for a better patch.

There was an issue we faced with run rates this week in a beta build. If it was released at that point, the broader community would not have been happy.

You need to understand it is still an ongoing process

So, this week we would have got the patch had this Run Rate Issue didn't arise?
If that's true then we are just about there.

That's why I have the steam depot as my homepage. Atleast I have a better picture on what's happening.(only my assumptions though, but I feel happy that way).

I've downloaded and replaced like every real-life (mens) team that's been made and have a whole bunch of my own classic teams. If there is a limit I doubt you'll get near it.

Thanks for the reply mate. That's great to hear and being able to use classic teams sound pretty exciting. As a bears fan it'all be interesting if anyone has made the team of the mid 90's that had Lara in it.

Well NRL is getting the patch dont they? Am assuming your implying that BA is treating ashes the same way they they treat other games, is that so?
The fact is first 2 patches didnt fix much in the game and 6 months down the line we are still waiting for a reasonable patch. !
The rugby game came out last July, they may have been working on a patch for months and a roster update is not a big deal.

AO seemed to come out unfinished/early access; the process of patching seems to be more addings things but then there may still be ongoing issues that take longer to patch.

Complaining about BA and their process isn't going to speed things up. It would have been nice to get a major patch sooner but it sounds as if there are some significant tweaks to the gameplay going on too.

For the time-being I'm enjoying PUBG which seems to get a new patch every few days, but I dare say it's sold a few more copies than Ashes and can have ongoing resources pumped back into it.

The rugby game came out last July, they may have been working on a patch for months and a roster update is not a big deal.

AO seemed to come out unfinished/early access; the process of patching seems to be more addings things but then there may still be ongoing issues that take longer to patch.

Complaining about BA and their process isn't going to speed things up. It would have been nice to get a major patch sooner but it sounds as if there are some significant tweaks to the gameplay going on too.

For the time-being I'm enjoying PUBG which seems to get a new patch every few days, but I dare say it's sold a few more copies than Ashes and can have ongoing resources pumped back into it.

I suppose you do have a point, and complaining about it will not speed up the process as well. I dont think BA is too bothered about its cricket gamers. But it sure is frustrating!

I'm sure none of us here can force the patch to come any sooner than its planned to. I clearly understand the patch will be ready only when it is actually ready (rapid patches or not). But, meanwhile can we have some information on whats happening. I do realize that nobody owes us that though, but as a fellow gamer and/or as a PC colleague atleast.

Meanwhile, tried Real Cricket 18, It's a good mobile game. But after playing Ashes, it hard to go back to any other Cricket game. (Strictly IMO)

Edit- I remember in the initial days Snowy stepping in and allowing us to ask questions (for a day I guess) on the beta testing. I'm not suggesting the same, but it was a really good idea at that time.

It will be great if you can share the patch notes if there are no restrictions from BAS. Just to let us know what is happening behind the curtains.

We aren't at liberty to share patch notes, as they don't exist yet

You don't know how long they have spent on the NRL patch, therefore you have literally zero idea of what you are talking about. Literally zero. None. Zilch You have zero grounds to make an assessment of it being 'faster'.

The NRL patch is a stability update, plus a roster update (which appears to be timed with the start of the new season). The Ashes Cricket patch is geared towards significant game play balancing and tuning.

I can understand and appreciate this response. I'm still taking them on their word (for better or worse) that AO Tennis is set up in a different way

At no point did I say the patch would be released this week if it weren't for the run rate issue. Factually incorrect interpretation of my very clear post.

I suppose you do have a point, and complaining about it will not speed up the process as well. I dont think BA is too bothered about its cricket gamers. But it sure is frustrating!

Again, a post based on absolute nonsense. If they weren't too bothered about cricket gamers, then why are they still working on this patch?

Users who are viewing this thread