Ashes Cricket General Discussion

@Snowy

I agree on what you said.
I am not demanding or questioning on the commitments of BA.
I would thank and really appreciate their efforts.
I would believe this is the first time in all the BA cricket series the wait has been so long , quite long.

I don’t know if this patch is going to be end of Ashes Cricket patches , not sure why is it everything squeezed in one single patch rather than we can have multiple patches. Atleast in 2months one patch until game gets stabilized.

Having said that they have their own challenges to face for the patches . These quotes are just my thoughts. Thanks!

Like others I am also eagerly waiting , I have to start a new career mode once the patch is released.

I'm sure none of us here can force the patch to come any sooner than its planned to. I clearly understand the patch will be ready only when it is actually ready (rapid patches or not). But, meanwhile can we have some information on whats happening. I do realize that nobody owes us that though, but as a fellow gamer and/or as a PC colleague atleast.

Meanwhile, tried Real Cricket 18, It's a good mobile game. But after playing Ashes, it hard to go back to any other Cricket game. (Strictly IMO)

Edit- I remember in the initial days Snowy stepping in and allowing us to ask questions (for a day I guess) on the beta testing. I'm not suggesting the same, but it was a really good idea at that time.
A FAQ thread on the testing might be a good idea. The beta testers can answer what they want/are allowed to. If it isn't answered assume they can't/don't want to talk about it. Would save a lot of going over and over the same questions.

We aren't at liberty to share patch notes, as they don't exist yet

You don't know how long they have spent on the NRL patch, therefore you have literally zero idea of what you are talking about. Literally zero. None. Zilch You have zero grounds to make an assessment of it being 'faster'.

The NRL patch is a stability update, plus a roster update (which appears to be timed with the start of the new season). The Ashes Cricket patch is geared towards significant game play balancing and tuning.

I can understand and appreciate this response. I'm still taking them on their word (for better or worse) that AO Tennis is set up in a different way

At no point did I say the patch would be released this week if it weren't for the run rate issue. Factually incorrect interpretation of my very clear post.

Again, a post based on absolute nonsense. If they weren't too bothered about cricket gamers, then why are they still working on this patch?
Calling everything i post nonsense is your thing! All i can say is being staff your a wonderful example for every one here how to have a adult conversation. Am just ignoring you hereafter.

A FAQ thread on the testing might be a good idea. The beta testers can answer what they want/are allowed to. If it isn't answered assume they can't/don't want to talk about it. Would save a lot of going over and over the same questions.
Problem is, someone might just ask if the ball did pass through the bat and it might end everything. :facepalm
( Regret it though).
On a serious note, it's also to do with setting expectations. For example, we don't need you inputs or we will not answer questions revolving around Cosmetic changes, is perfectly fine, if informed up front. But again nobody owes us anything. We need be patient. Good news is we have already waited 3 months, which actually prove we are patient enough.

Calling everything i post nonsense is your thing! All i can say is being staff your a wonderful example for every one here how to have a adult conversation. Am just ignoring you hereafter.

If you don’t want to be called out, then stop making assertions based on zero fact

You don’t know anything about the NRL patch. It’s that simple

Problem is, someone might just ask if the ball did pass through the bat and it might end everything. :facepalm
( Regret it though).
On a serious note, it's also to do with setting expectations. For example, we don't need you inputs or we will not answer questions revolving around Cosmetic changes, is perfectly fine, if informed up front. But again nobody owes us that.

Talking about 'they dont owes us anything' is something inherently wrong in gaming industry. Take anyother product, you can sell something thats not functioning properly and get away with it. Unfortunately in video gaming its almost expected to be something broken and if they fix it, its doing a favour to the gamers. There should be more accountability, afterall its not Free.

Talking about 'they dont owes us anything' is something inherently wrong in gaming industry. Take anyother product, you can sell something thats not functioning properly and get away with it. Unfortunately in video gaming its almost expected to be something broken and if they fix it, its doing a favour to the gamers. There should be more accountability, afterall its not Free.
When I say 'they', it the beta testers here from PC whom I'm referring to. It would be a different case if BA has appointed them to answer our queries. But unfortunately it isn't.

Let it be, we have other games to play..

A mature outlook. It's just so repetitive seeing people beg the beta testers for info on patches that may or may not be released. We are still months away for any potential patch imo so just let them get on with it.

It's simply amazing we are at this stage of frustration with the game, given the promises that were made by Bigant before launch. I'm staggered that people attempt to defend them after their false promises and bug ridden product. This game has been one of the most disappointing experiences I have had during my years of gaming.

I'm aware that my negativity is irritating some who want to remain positive, despite such shoddy treatment, but I don't really care. It's cathartic calling Big ant out on their behaviour and provides me with some form of payback after they ripped me off.

I hope anyone considering buying Ashes and visiting this forum for info on the game reads my posts and I hope they choose to spend their money on something else after doing so.

It's cute that you think people would stop asking the same questions if they were in an FAQ thread. :p

Last edited:
I understand that there's no point releasing an unfinished patch, but there should have been an option to revert back to an earlier patch, (1.04 for PS4 I guess), in the meantime. I never really cared about AI chasing as I bat for both sides. Now we have a broken batting system, and what makes it worse is knowing it was already fixed.

@Snowy Is there a way you can revert back to earlier patches? Apologies if you are wrong person to ask, shooting in the dark.

Adding others whom I think might have an answer @Spoobir, @Kass D , @wasteyouryouth

Let it be, we have other games to play..
Dont give up my friend. My inner depot feeling says we are getting close. Don't let that FIFA take control over your mind. We can get through this. Trust me *. BTW if it's Fortnite count me in.

*Conditions Apply.

I understand that there's no point releasing an unfinished patch, but there should have been an option to revert back to an earlier patch, (1.04 for PS4 I guess), in the meantime. I never really cared about AI chasing as I bat for both sides. Now we have a broken batting system, and what makes it worse is knowing it was already fixed.

@Snowy Is there a way you can revert back to earlier patches? Apologies if you are wrong person to ask, shooting in the dark.
Are you saying 1.04 had a better batting system?

Unfortunately there is no way to go back to a previous patch if you have already updated to the latest. (PS4 that is).

If you don’t want to be called out, then stop making assertions based on zero fact

You don’t know anything about the NRL patch. It’s that simple
Dude, i am trying to be respectful to you as much as possible, i dont like to go down to your level of ignorance when communicating in a international forum. I lost my cool ones and got banned very rightly so.

There is a thing call "mutual respect". The way you post things at me is incredibly rude and confrontational. For you it may be nonsense but i make my arguments based on my point of view and experiences. Non i can respact that fact they may not go with your logic which is fine, we are different people. We uave different backgrounds. But if you dont have tolerance when it comes to dealing with different views, its never going to be a productive adult conversation.

Even in you last post where you reply me twice, its clear to anyone how personal you attack me compared with other posters you have a different opinion of.

I have nothing more to say to you mate. Honestly its redicules[DOUBLEPOST=1522311782][/DOUBLEPOST]
When I say 'they', it the beta testers here from PC whom I'm referring to. It would be a different case if BA has appointed them to answer our queries. But unfortunately it isn't.
Oh yes 100% with you there

Users who are viewing this thread