Ashes Cricket General Discussion

Hi

In Career Mode, if I'm Getting Attention from all the T20 franchises, when it comes to receiving an offer, do any of them clash or if I say yes to Bangladesh for example, will I still get offers for Ireland and Afghanistan's, India or Australia's T20 comps?

Many thanks

If we can steer away from diving down the same old tweak BA and tweak their support route, I’ll post some raw unedited gameplay tomorrow.

So far so good right?

Last edited by a moderator:
One thing I've been wondering for a while: is it possible to hit the stumps from a delivery using a spinner? I'd like to be able to see a couple of Murali or Warney-esque deliveries but even when I crank the spin revolution modifier up to max I am unable to achieve barely any movement after pitching — certainly not enough to trouble the batsman. I have had a couple of rare lbw's using spin, but generally I get bugger all for ages and then the AI will whack a dodgy one in the air for me to easily catch.

While on the subject of spin (sort of, weak link for sure....)

My career all rounder is 75ovr, bats at 5 for England after I binned James Vince, and bowls leg spin.

I've noticed in both innings of the 1st test match in NZ, plus the 1st innings of the 2nd test, I'm the lead bowler of overs by some distance. In all 3 innings I was brought on after just 7 overs, Anderson bowled 4, Broad 3, then I got the ball. The conditions aren't overly spin friendly, def better for seam and swing, but I'm sending 30+ overs down each innings and routinely more than 10+ overs more than Anderson and Broad.

No idea why. My bowling stats aren't very good, and apart from my economy, my figures aren't generally very good either. Presume it's just career player bias when only controlling one player? Anyone have similar experiences?

While on the subject of spin (sort of, weak link for sure....)

My career all rounder is 75ovr, bats at 5 for England after I binned James Vince, and bowls leg spin.

I've noticed in both innings of the 1st test match in NZ, plus the 1st innings of the 2nd test, I'm the lead bowler of overs by some distance. In all 3 innings I was brought on after just 7 overs, Anderson bowled 4, Broad 3, then I got the ball. The conditions aren't overly spin friendly, def better for seam and swing, but I'm sending 30+ overs down each innings and routinely more than 10+ overs more than Anderson and Broad.

No idea why. My bowling stats aren't very good, and apart from my economy, my figures aren't generally very good either. Presume it's just career player bias when only controlling one player? Anyone have similar experiences?
Also playing as a leg-spinning all-rounder and have a similar experience. I love career mode but there are some design issues. I also find myself being brought on around over 7 of day one of a test match...in England. Also, if I am bowling at the end of play one day, I find myself bowling at the start of play the following morning...when I would expect Broad and Anderson to be leading the charge. I also experience weirdness where I am asked to select the team even though I'm not the captain.
It would be nice if, in the next iteration, career mode was given a little more attention (don't get me wrong, I like some of the improvements like playing longer form cricket at club level). At the moment it is too evidently a bolt-on rather than having enough uniqueness as a gaming experience. I enjoy it, yes (I've put hundreds of hours into career mode), but I can also see the potential it has if they revisit the design and think carefully about creating a more dynamic and engaging career experience for players.

Hi guys just a quick question. How many custom teams can you download? is it a case of as many as you want or is it like Pro Evo where you only have a certain amount of teams you can download. Ideally I'm looking to download international teams, English county teams and IPL sides. I've seen this game is being sold for £20 on Amazon and as a Cricket lover being able to play as all these teams could potentially push this game past Brian Lara on the ps1 or Cricket 04 on the ps2.

Hi guys just a quick question. How many custom teams can you download? is it a case of as many as you want or is it like Pro Evo where you only have a certain amount of teams you can download. Ideally I'm looking to download international teams, English county teams and IPL sides. I've seen this game is being sold for £20 on Amazon and as a Cricket lover being able to play as all these teams could potentially push this game past Brian Lara on the ps1 or Cricket 04 on the ps2.

I've downloaded and replaced like every real-life (mens) team that's been made and have a whole bunch of my own classic teams. If there is a limit I doubt you'll get near it.

Hi everyone, can someone confirm whether or not the stats will be fixed for the upcoming patch? I recently tried to go back to playing this game, but had to stop as the stats are still very much broken, which is a shame, as the game is very, very good.

Hi everyone, can someone confirm whether or not the stats will be fixed for the upcoming patch? I recently tried to go back to playing this game, but had to stop as the stats are still very much broken, which is a shame, as the game is very, very good.
What is the exact stats issue , I am playing career mode couldn’t notice.[DOUBLEPOST=1522299908][/DOUBLEPOST]9181B4B0-A8D4-4998-A5D5-8F235CB97503.jpeg

Does the Easter break applicable to only Rugby fans?

@BigAntStudios @MattW

When does our Ashes cricket get something :facepalm long weekend is ON , please release it

Last edited:
What is the exact stats issue , I am playing career mode couldn’t notice.[DOUBLEPOST=1522299908][/DOUBLEPOST]View attachment 207513

Does the Easter break applicable to only Rugby fans?

@BigAntStudios @MattW

When does our Ashes cricket get something :facepalm long weekend is ON , please release it

Would you like them to release it before it’s finished?

I dare say an unfinished patch would yield more negativity than waiting for a better patch.

There was an issue we faced with run rates this week in a beta build. If it was released at that point, the broader community would not have been happy.

You need to understand it is still an ongoing process

Users who are viewing this thread