Ashes Cricket General Discussion

So, ignoring the top bantz from the last ten pages.

Question to beta testers: how are AI bowling mentalities showing themselves now? The only real differences I can see on the plebeian build is in length and speed of the AI bowlers when having a different mentality. Also, anything on changes to stamina or confidence for bowlers (and batsman for that matter)?

This is a crazy place, at times. However, I still maintain that, despite the occasional aberration, PC is one of the saner corners of the internet. I'm sure that if we all were down the pub together, rather than posting on a forum, we would have a whale of a time and even Dean Johnes would get a big cheer when he turned up late but offered to get the round in (including nuts and crisps). The fact that we all spend so many hours on here, and with the game, says more about how much we, tragically, have in common than it does about our apparent differences.
@Langeveldt, in case you haven't found the salient details: the patch goes live on the 26th of this month.
Post of the year. Hands down! Its funny because its true

I have a couple questions mainly directed at anyone in the Beta team or some long time players of the game. Basically anyone who really knows the game.

1: When bowling do you only press l1/r1 once to alter length or multiple times to alter length even further ?
2: Do you press the above during type of delivery selection or during the bowlers run up ?
3: When bowling cutters, how do you position the seam ? I get the outswing to a right hander is 11 o clock an inswinger 1 o clock but what about cutters ?
4: When the ball is older does it actually reverse swing ? So you bowl an outswinger when you want to swing it in correct ? and it actually does that ?
5: I've noticed Wealey for example has the pace set up like 70-80, is that the general consensus ? Do most of you have it set up like that ? or default ?

Apologies for the random questions and hope they made enough sense.

After seeing a lot of the Beta testers posts and videos, I just hope it doesn't go too easy getting the ai out. Seeing a 10 wicket win on Legendary is a bit of a worry. Obviously 10 wicket wins do happen in real life, just hope it's not going to be a regular occurrence.

Sorry, i am just getting a cloth now...
eb377d2e15cdf090574a60601613d2996cdea1116cc3886a020421314444f3a8.jpg

- although I make no judgements about your appearance, Dutch. I'm sure you're not apple-shaped, yellow-skinned and have a hairy chest.

I understand that the focus for the last four months has been on gameplay, as it should be. Any chance that future work will look at career mode?

Off Topic : Casey Powell Lacrosse 18 releasing 17th of this month.

Are these beta testers the same ones that tested the game before it was released and the first patch?? because if so there's not much hope of picking up cricket related problems without the community's help

Are these beta testers the same ones that tested the game before it was released and the first patch?? because if so there's not much hope of picking up cricket related problems without the community's help
There is no hope...
Personally I have been trying to get cheerleaders and fireworks in there ......

Users who are viewing this thread