Ashes Cricket General Discussion

Sorry if I annoyed anyone with my questions, just wanted some info on the game. Thanks to the people who helped

Owing to feedback from the beta testers in the other thread, i've traded in DBC 17 and pre-ordered the new game this morning. Can't wait.

That thread served it's purpose then :)

it was hard from our perspective seeing the doubts and negativity around the game. though they were understandable, knowing what we knew we wanted to change the tone of discussion around the place.

I'm sure you won't be disappointed mate.

great, now all the beta testers hate me for asking their opinion
Is there any post where I can ask for people's opinion and not get into an argument
The problem is only Sony knows how much it will be, and more than likely the distributer. Prices aren't final until release date most times so you keep asking a question no one can answer. Assume it will be around US$50, just as everyone has told you.

I'd suggest you leave it there until next week.

Game is looking very good but just a couple of things i was hoping could have been improved.

The pitchads which are still very small in size and i feel the proper size and position on the pitch would make the game look better.

A static close broadcast camera which again hasn't been looked at or considered i guess.

The new commentary team is welcome but after watching some videos it looks like they don't have too many lines, Also i feel Mark Nicholas would be a superb addition to this team as for me he is the best commentator out there.

I would have thought they would have overlays edit option which I'm still hoping will be in the game.

I must also say that i appreciate BigAnt making cricket games when nobody else does and also the fact that it is an official Ashes game is also amazing. It's just these things which i thought should have been in there. These are suggestions and not demands so here's hoping these can be implemented at some point in the future.

Found this page just a few days ago and have read everything in the beta testing thread until I can no longer see straight (an excuse I will use for my batting average ongoing). Haven't seen a cricket game since EA2004, landed on this as a result of random hopeful searches. I see it's due on PC but I didn't see a date given. Probably been answered multiple times already, but would appreciate a heads up on when to expect. Thanks.

Found this page just a few days ago and have read everything in the beta testing thread until I can no longer see straight (an excuse I will use for my batting average ongoing). Haven't seen a cricket game since EA2004, landed on this as a result of random hopeful searches. I see it's due on PC but I didn't see a date given. Probably been answered multiple times already, but would appreciate a heads up on when to expect. Thanks.
There is no official word on pc release date yet I believe

The problem is only Sony knows how much it will be, and more than likely the distributer. Prices aren't final until release date most times so you keep asking a question no one can answer. Assume it will be around US$50, just as everyone has told you.

I'd suggest you leave it there until next week.
Will the price of digital copies vary from hard copies/disks ? Can that be an indicator ?

There was never an actual confirmation whether it would be released to the public early, only that there would be one in the game.
It'd be nice, even if the steam game comes a few weeks later, to be able to have a crack at the academy during the wait. If only so there are some things left to edit before you get greedy and do it all.

Users who are viewing this thread