Ashes Cricket General Discussion

sashu_91

County Cricketer
I also think its the Animations thats limiting the game.

I mean , I have just witnessed a Square Drive Six , hit 106m , and the bat animation showed a small little punch.

Alot of the Shot animations needs a bit of work , especially that one .

And dont get me started on the awful , zig zag running of the striker to the non-strikers end , ending in a casual bat halfway past the crease but not grounded runout .....

I mean , can they not default slide their bats in , like we were taught since lower grade ?
Not sliding bat is a trademark of BA Cricket games, man can't you improve the game limitations from previous instalment going forward? Well these newly added mocap and photogrammetry doesn't Let you cover all these limitations the game is living with right now and it just adds to the frustration to be honest. For me these new features are of little importance if your game has same bugs as the last one. Gameplay wise the game needs a lot of work and people getting excited and saying "Oh it's close to perfect"

Dean johnes

Club Captain
1. When we create a custom team and we want to edit the players of the custom team all player= filters= then can't find the team, was available in dbc 17
2.Frame rate issue in night matches.
3.Cut shot going straight toward long off to red short balls.
4.Broadcast camera missing for batting training mode.
5.Pitch wear visual missing.
6.Backfoot shots are underpowered.
7.Spinners should be allowed to bowl with sunglasses on.
8.More hairstyles and sunglasses need to be add in ashes as what we have it's same as dbc 17 there are no new additions being a newer game.
9.Ball visibility is poor while batting.
10.Umprise wide and no balls call on red shorter ball still not perfect with medium bowlers.
11.Striker batsman while taking a run it takes a u turn and runs it should run straight.
12.Training mode batting set up marker is there if u can add bowling speed like we choose 95 or 100 or any for example.
13.5 over online quick play why the wide marker indicates are missing strange.
13.Fantacy additions
Man of the match presentation.
Online matches drinks interval for 1 min these are these are the areas where few cut scenes can be added.

OFFLINE fixes needed
1.Ai field placement really pathetic
2..Ai still not taking singles in smaller grounds my suggestion is to remove all the smaller grounds.
3.Ai bowling line need a attention bowling too Nanny wides.
4.Ai chasing runs attacking needs to be tuned for example 1 ball 6 runs to win ai should go for the boundry.

ONLINE fixes needed
1..Field presets option not there in online mode.
2.Online is different from offline where u get more competative matches where the human are bowling as ai red balls can be connected but online to medium bowling there is a problem so please bring back
Front foot pull and cut shot to red balls are a must please add it as players are editing height shorter or taller with editing bowling speed and bounce affecting the ball physics.
At some perticular bounce lower and higher shots are not be able to be connected serious issue for online as ai does not bowl that lenght surely something is missing in shot making for wider medium ball higer and lower.
The backfoot cut shot or the pull the animation not supporting that shot specially for medium kind of bowling and the backfoot shots are bit under powered.
There is a perticular bounce of red balls where it's not connecting neither in Front foot nor backfoot.
3.One perticular shot broken with standard control.
4.short red bit wider balls for medium are very difficult to connect pull or cut needs to be tuned.
5.Umpire call on wide and no ball above the shoulder still not perfect.

Last edited:

chintoo02018

Associate Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
DBC 14 :

Batting : Balanced 6/10
Bowling : Below Average easy to handle 4/10
Fielding : Balanced 5/10
Graphics : Balance 5/10

For AI :

Bowling : Balanced (6/10) improved after Latest patch
Batting : Pathetic (1/10)
Fielding : Below average (4/10)

DBC 17 :

Batting : more Balanced 7/10
Bowling : Balanced 6/10
Graphics : Below Average 5/10

For AI :

Bowling : Balanced (6/10)

Ashes 17 :

Batting : Below Average 3/10
Bowling : more Balanced 7/10
Graphics : Excellent 8/10

For AI :

Final Verdit

DBC 14 : For Balance cricket Lover , graphics is ok for him and balanced Game play lover minimum Bugs.
DBC 17 : For Good And Balance Gameplay , No crazy of graphics lover , And even don't care of statics Offline Double Player excellent .
Ashes 17 : Who Want arcade type batting , Mostly Graphics Lover , With Correct Statistics.

For who Loves to play Against AI batting , Sorry for them No Game is Yet made where AI Play sensible They have to still wait and no timeline of there wait .

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
DBC 14 :

Batting : Balanced 6/10
Bowling : Below Average easy to handle 4/10
Graphics : Balance 5/10

For AI :

Bowling : Balanced (6/10) improved after Latest patch

DBC 17 :

Batting : more Balanced 7/10
Bowling : Balanced 6/10
Graphics : Below Average 5/10

For AI :

Ashes 17 :

Batting : Below Average 3/10
Bowling : more Balanced 7/10
Graphics : Excellent 8/10

For AI :

Final Verdit

DBC 14 : For Balance cricket Lover , graphics is ok for him and balanced Game play lover minimum Bugs.
DBC 17 : For Good And Balance Gameplay , No crazy of graphics lover , And even don't care of statics Offline Double Player excellent .
Ashes 17 : Who Want arcade type batting , Mostly Graphics Lover , With Correct Statistics.

For who Loves to play Against AI batting , Sorry for them No Game is Yet made where AI Play sensible They have to still wait and no timeline of there wait .
You have put in some time for this..But whats the purpose of this post though..Instead list out the points which makes you say pathetic and give 1/10, even for other better rating stuff what all have impressed you would have been better..

I feel we should also discuss about the good things in the game often as well mainly for BA to see what shouldnt be touched at all or even tweaked even a bit..There were so many good stuff on release version which vanished..We need that back, have already said this many times though..But seeing no edges with natural swing or seam is frustrating...

chintoo02018

Associate Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
You have put in some time for this..But whats the purpose of this post though..Instead list out the points which makes you say pathetic and give 1/10, even for other better rating stuff what all have impressed you would have been better..

I feel we should also discuss about the good things in the game often as well mainly for BA to see what shouldnt be touched at all or even tweaked even a bit..There were so many good stuff on release version which vanished..We need that back, have already said this many times though..But seeing no edges with natural swing or seam is frustrating...

Correct , I have Listed out the Features non of the them are wrong here most of them are good stuff but , Still It should be clear What we need in Ashes from Previous game good features.

I have played all 3 games for many Hours , I make 20 ball 70 runs on Hard mode and Legend in Ashes , Its arcade If someone Like arcade game can go for ashes . I have just categorized the games on which bases any one can buy.

Correct me I f I am wrong.

sashu_91

County Cricketer
Correct , I have Listed out the Features non of the them are wrong here most of them are good stuff but , Still It should be clear What we need in Ashes from Previous game good features.

I have played all 3 games for many Hours , I make 20 ball 70 runs on Hard mode and Legend in Ashes , Its arcade If someone Like arcade game can go for ashes . I have just categorized the games on which bases any one can buy.

Absolutely Right, Arcade is the word for Ashes batting,very disappointing! Don't know how can people like Arcade batting, I hit 4 sixes in an over of a pacer with all modifiers on 100 and custom timing on 50.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Bowled my first innings with two tops sides in a test match - Australia v England. Australia won the toss and chose to bat - green/soft pitch with overcast conditions. I wanted to bowl so I was more than happy. I had played around a bit with the mentalities too, based on a formula I've come up with. In general it felt fairly realistic, apart from Shaun Marsh hitting Jimmy Anderson for six down to fine leg on his third or fourth ball. The strike rates were fairly solid but the out shots were appalling in some cases. I guess they happen in real life but sometimes it felt too easy, or I'm just going back to my DBC 17 view that I'm just too good.

Noticeable difference to playing with lesser skilled sides, which I have been doing. Think I managed to get two or three edges in the entire innings, one a fine edge behind to the keeper (Nathan Lyon) another I'm not entirely sure I'd call an edge - more of a deflection off the bat by Warner onto the stumps.

Anwyay, bowled Australia out for 192 in 53 overs. Wickets were interesting. One that I would call a classic DBC 17 bat pad smash. Another that was a mistimed pull shot that looped up and the keeper came running in to claim - seen those a few times. I do think the keepers are too quick to move, or just too close to the stumps, which make these more frequent than perhaps they should be. Another 'bat pad' where a pull shot was under edged onto the pad and it looped up to short leg who took it at a sort of very, very close leg slip position. Two deflections/angled strokes to gully which seem fairly realistic. I did get a second bowled, possibly the most authentic looking bowled I've seen, as it wasn't just a complete miss by the batsman. Fairly straight delivery that nibbled off the seam and removed Pat Cummins' middle stump.

With the edges I'm not sure if the AI batsman are too highly rated or the bowlers are too effective at getting the ball to swing or cut. Maybe the conditions have something to do with that too in this case. End result seems to be a lot of plays and misses that thud into the pad. Whereas with lower skilled players it feels like a more natural sort of game. The old Cross Seam delivery, with the seam directed about 10 degrees either way is so effective at getting bounce and swing after 20-25 overs when the 'normal' swing deliveries aren't moving anymore. No matter how hard I try, granted it's a soft pitch, I can never seem to get a decent bouncer in.

It's going to be interesting to see if I get as many edges with the higher rated players as I do when batting with say Nepal or another associate side.

Dean johnes

Club Captain

I agree sir the way I did did u read it....?

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I've batted 67 overs with England v Australia and had 20+ edges. My first three wickets were nicked off to slip or gully. Then I had a forward defensive push that took the edge behind to the keeper and three edged behind off Lyon. I've also had three go to boundary. I can only imagine that people who are not edging it are playing a different game to me.

Dean johnes

Club Captain
I've batted 67 overs with England v Australia and had 20+ edges. My first three wickets were nicked off to slip or gully. Then I had a forward defensive push that took the edge behind to the keeper and three edged behind off Lyon. I've also had three go to boundary. I can only imagine that people who are not edging it are playing a different game to me.
Work on ur batting mate not up to mark

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India

I really wonder how you are able to make those runs..I cannot..Playing on hardest and batting for me has been working really well , actually thats what is making me play this game at the moment..But arcadic really , I dont think so at all..

Do you play on classic controls? Also which shots do you use to hit your runs..Kindly share the big wheel..Would like to see the areas of scoring..[DOUBLEPOST=1514725176][/DOUBLEPOST]
I agree sir the way I did did u read it....?
Yeah I think the first good post from you which is required..Good for you..Also many things mentioned are in the bugs thread as well so its being covered..Some are prioritized more than others so its good to collect them all...Keep doing this to get good responses and discuss things here..

Scott Clague

Club Cricketer
This is possible. But if you play both the players for the same team then there is a bug that invert batting is not working in broadcast camera mode. Hoping that this will be fixed in next patch.
Cheers pal but im only interested in trouncing my mate. Can u play the old school lara view?

Users who are viewing this thread