Asia Cup March 2011/12

overall pathetic batting by sl.top order did not look to build at all.but 230 is way better after the early loss of top order.come on malinga get some quick wkts

Why does BD only have the backup days ? This tournament is unneccessarily long. 6 games should have been finsihed off in 6 days like in the previous tournaments.

Back to the match - BD deserve to win, They have done well throughout the series and I have a feeling that they might just take home the Asia Cup.

So you can be defeated again :lol:lol

If BD win today the deserve to win the cup :thumbs It is raining but they have a backup day as well.

lol.... well the better team will win the cup... Bangla deserve win the cup if he beats Pakistan :) and they didn't yet.. rather they took start against India.

Anyhow, I want India in Final. Win or Lose is a part of game but atleast a cracker will be watched by millions across the World.

Good stuff from the Bengals, should've had them out for the CB series. Wondering why they didn't bowl Nazmul Hossain out, had figures of 3/21 I think after 6 overs and only bowled 8 in the end. Surely a better option than Shahadat.

MR teamindia..U beat us but your nearly half out of the tournament:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

Why does BD only have the backup days ? This tournament is unneccessarily long. 6 games should have been finsihed off in 6 days like in the previous tournaments.

Back to the match - BD deserve to win, They have done well throughout the series and I have a feeling that they might just take home the Asia Cup.

Actually after every match there is a reserve day. Not just us. But it hasn't rained in any of the other matches. If we chase today we could lose because Lanka seamers will enjoy the conditions and the outfield will be slow.

@ Srini, you did not seem to enjoy/digest ajmal's ripper delivery to teenda? but you seemed to be satisfied when he was destroying NO 1 team few months before. (I did follow your comments in that perticular series)
Double Standards eh.

I never specifically followed Ajmal there in that series. I was just happy that England weren't doing well. The live cricket matches that I watch are mostly India games, so thats where I get to watch a player completely.

----------

Just because you dont like the action doesnt mean he should stop bowling. No one really cares whether the action is something you or I approve. ICC has given it the green light, and hes been tested more than once, so please move on.

Dude - I dont have such powers to stop him from bowling in cricket. I just said my opinion. You should be this worried only when I am some member within the ICC that has the power to stop Ajmal from bowling in cricket.

----------

MR teamindia..U beat us but your nearly half out of the tournament:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

Pakistan and India have the same number of wins and losses in this tournament from the league phase. And yet Pakistan won the right games and India lost the wrong game and thats why India is depending on the Bangladesh game. Same thing as it happened in the 2007 World Cup. And you think thats something to laugh about?

Here's some info from cricbuzz on the SL-Bangla game :

If the 2nd innings doesn't go beyond 20 overs then it will continue tomorrow on the reserve day. If it does go beyond 20 overs and it rains then obviously the result will be decided by Duckworth-Lewis.

Why has the issue of bonus points cropped up of late in this series ? Being an Indian fan, I would definitely like to see India play the finals, but the qualifcation rules are preposterous.

Till date,most of the tournaments have had the qualfication based on points and NRR. Only from the CB series onwards, did we have the system of bonus wins and individual head to head duels counting for more. Had this system been in place for the World Cups, we might not have had a few Champions.

Pakistan and India have the same number of wins and losses in this tournament from the league phase. And yet Pakistan won the right games and India lost the wrong game and thats why India is depending on the Bangladesh game. Same thing as it happened in the 2007 World Cup. And you think thats something to laugh about?

You cannot say that we lost the wrong game. It would have been interesting had Pakistan not gained that bonus point,then we would have been in the final instead with Pakistan having to play the waiting game.

Also, Pakistan would remember the last Asia Cup[under Inzamam], when they were denied a finals berth due to the stupid rule metioned above.

Where is that so called GREAT CAPTAINCY that we saw of Jaya in Australia?

HE is now even paid :rolleyes

the runrate is a big problem for bd and yet they are throwing bat at everything.they need to plan things better.they have already lost 3 wkt.atm they just look build this p'ship

Users who are viewing this thread