Asia Cup March 2011/12

Same goes for Ajmal, if ICC says that his bowling is legal then there is simply no point in criticizing his action or else what is ICC really for!

Damn right, if ICC says he is OK then who are we to blame him.

Err pretty sure no one ever questioned Warne's action, only whether he had taken drugs for 2 years ;)

He didn't do drugs, all he took were banned diuretics.

Imagine a match with India batsman by India bowlers. India would easily rack up 600 runs any day:p

and a game Between Pakistan Batsman and their bowlers. 46 allout? :D

Sounds plausible. Though I'd say Indian batsmen would score 400 plus & the Pakistani men would score below 200.

Whine. Ajmal is here to stay.

Really a big game for Bangladesh. If they can win it shows they can consistently compete with the bigger nations atleast in Bangladesh, otherwise the India game was another false dawn.

Hope you had a better reply than that.:rolleyes Is that the word that you caught on from a few pricks out here? If you can't analyze that what I posted was my opinion about those abnormal action bowlers. If thats called 'whining', maybe the definition for whining needs to be changed.

----------

Only by pathetic sore losers and those wanting to obtain an unfair advantage by gamesmanship.

What gamesmanship can be obtained by raising eyebrows on someone's bowling action? In fact if a player is having a suspect action, he is the one gaining unfair advantage.

Relax guys, I don't think Indian media has criticized Ajmal much, nor are the players wrong if they have doubts over a particular bowler's action. It would have been a completely different situation if the players would have complained after loosing, but India has won the match, if they feel that something is wrong, then they have every right to object, Indians aren't the first ones to object, even the English team had doubts over his bowling action.

Saying that Indians can't play him well would be very wrong because Ajmal didn't have a huge impact in the last game, I think Mendis looked far more difficult than Ajmal at the start of his career, but the Indians found a solution to tackle him after they played a few games against SL, m sure they would come up with some similar tactics to face Ajmal, the Indian team would be the last one to complain about spinners, and if they are complaining, then there must be some genuine reason behind it, they are not doing anything in a negative manner or to distract Ajmal by creating a controversy.

Just have a look at this video,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OuCPGUaa_Ww&feature=related

I wont make any judgement as m not in the right position to judge his action, but yes you would always have an element of doubt after looking at his doosra closely. His arm does straighten a fair bit after he bends it.

Last edited:
Surely its because he took the wicket of ur master blaster and was the most threatened bowler as compare to other btw why dont u pray for srilanka as well icc is clear him he is here to stay thats for sure in pakistan people say pehla doosra teesra kis se bacho ge hope u get it

@ Srini, you did not seem to enjoy/digest ajmal's ripper delivery to teenda? but you seemed to be satisfied when he was destroying NO 1 team few months before. (I did follow your comments in that perticular series)
Double Standards eh.

Surely its because he took the wicket of ur master blaster and was the most threatened bowler as compare to other btw why dont u pray for srilanka as well icc is clear him he is here to stay thats for sure in pakistan people say pehla doosra teesra kis se bacho ge hope u get it
Dude stop using txt spk. It is not allowed here. Also try to use proper punctuation, it's hard to know where your new sentence starts and ends.

He didn't do drugs, all he took were banned diuretics.
He (Warne) took banned drugs. Diuretics are banned precisely because they help you cheat drug tests, so he was banned precisely because we don't know what else he took. And then CA - in a clear conflict of interest - was allowed to reduce his 'mandatory' two-year ban to one year.

He's been cleared by the ICC. It's proven his straightening is less than 15 degrees. Move on.

----------

Holy crap. SL 33/3 after 12 overs. All 3 of Mahela, Dilshan and Sangakkara gone.

Plus I wish that India comes through to final, I am hoping that Ajmal will take more wickets there, even in the last match he was quite threatening but that day belonged to Kholi. We will see in Finals.

No idea why I thought Warne's action was questioned but good to know that I was wrong. I'm not a big fan of Murali's action either but then considering that ICC had cleared his action, then there is really no problem with it.

You guys are really confusing.

Wow. You do know its two different people speaking of two different opinions. You mean to say you all Indians agree on the same thing?

Ajmal is not the problem. His action is correct when he bowls off-spin.

But when all off-spinners bowl the "Doosra", eyebrows are raised.

And these eyebrows have been answered. Yes his action is not the cleanest, but it has been cleared by the ICC, both the normal off spinner and the doosra. If the ICC says its legal its time to move one.

Hope you had a better reply than that.:rolleyes Is that the word that you caught on from a few pricks out here? If you can't analyze that what I posted was my opinion about those abnormal action bowlers. If thats called 'whining', maybe the definition for whining needs to be changed.

Just because you dont like the action doesnt mean he should stop bowling. No one really cares whether the action is something you or I approve. ICC has given it the green light, and hes been tested more than once, so please move on.

Anyone who bowls with a bent arm is going to confuse people. I don't think you really want to do it unless your arm is a bit funny. If I understand correctly, Ajmal has a problem with the ulnar collateral ligament, allowing the joint to rotate unnaturally; however, like bowling with a bent arm, it's not against the rules. It's not entirely dissimilar to Murali's case, but the point is that you can't pick all this up from broadcast footage alone.

@ Srini, you did not seem to enjoy/digest ajmal's ripper delivery to teenda? but you seemed to be satisfied when he was destroying NO 1 team few months before. (I did follow your comments in that perticular series)
Double Standards eh.

Perfectly said. :thumbs

Users who are viewing this thread