Asia Cup March 2011/12

1iram1

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
I remember someone (I think it was a commie during our ODI series against New Zealand) mentioned how if we take 1 step forward, we usually go 3 steps backwards. But that was after the first match. We went on to whitewash NZ in that series although I have to agree with him.

westindies2007

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Congrats to Bangladesh. Its only recently saw them on Our (W.I) tour to Bangladesh, i got to see these Bangladesh play Cricket. Those player just don't know when to give up, they may not have the Greatest Player, but they play as a unit and look what they have Achieve today. in the Final of the Asia cup, Having the Likes of India (world Cup Winners), Sri Lanka (world cup Finalist two time) and Pakistan. Congrats to them.

ksduded

Club Cricketer
I will be the devil's advocate here and point out something which has been mentioned by the commentators quite a few times, and that is, it gets really easy to score runs in the second innings.... and BNG has always batted in the second innings.

1st ODI - Pak vs BNG - BNG comes really close to a 260+ score
2nd ODI - Ind vs SL - SL were going great guns to chase 300 until some batting errors
3rd ODI - Ind vs BNG - BNG scored 290 in a chase
4th ODI - SL vs Pak - Pak cruised to 190 inside 40 overs
5th ODI - Pak vs Ind - Ind cruised to 330 with two overs remaining
6th ODI - SL vs BNG - BNG cruised to 210 inside 38 overs

Side batting second has won on 4 occasions and the other two they were always in the hunt.... so I think as BNG have benefited with batting last on all their matches they have had an added advantage.

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
391388_338757239510035_189595927759501_1002437_1890793974_n.jpg

This is amazing for all those understand urdu/hindi and know the famous song in the cartoon. Also for my Indian Fellas, Misbah has become knows as MR Tuk Tuk here in Pakistan after his efforts in ODIS and T20s against England and in Asia cup. Tuk Tuk is a slang for a bastman who deadbats everything.

Last edited:

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
This is what happens when Sehwag is not a part of the team! ;)

Its time for India to move on from Sehwag and Tendulkar from the ODIs, at least one of them. They should just focus on Test cricket and domestic T20 stuff. They get injured too often (especially Sehwag), Tendulkar doesn't play all the ODI series anyway he just picks and chooses so its time to move on. Use the ODIs to bring up the next generation of Test players like they did with Kohli. It certainly helped him allot.

Owzat

International Coach
This is a real coming of age for Bangladesh I reckon. Granted both India and Pakistan are coming off bad series defeats and Sri Lanka have struggled but you still have to take your hats off to them.

Nah, just taking advantage of sides not at their best and I do wonder how much Sri Lanka were trying. Not for one minute suggesting they tried to lose for money, but it is funny how often you expect a side to beat another to do a third party a favour and they let them gatecrash.

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
I remember someone (I think it was a commie during our ODI series against New Zealand)

Bloody Commies. Sounds good in theory, but never works in practice.

In a cricketing sense I wonder if it's possible to construct a Communist XI?

Would have to be the most average team, full of bits and pieces players who don't excel in any discipline.

Numbers wise the opening bowlers could be Tim Bresnan and Agit Agarkar perhaps?

Gavin Hamilton would probably make it as skipper if we use his England career. Darren Sammy is pretty average as well. I'll be sleeping soon, so I expect a full XI by the time I wake up :p

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
The Tuk Tuk made the Indian Team Sweating in the Inaugural T-20 Cup.

Anyhow, I wont agree with the comment that Bangla deserve to win the cup just because they have beaten the World Champions Indian team doesn't mean they deserve the cup. The One who will play well tomorrow will win the game.

sattar

Club Captain
:lol:lol:lol

Attachments

• 536394_263538773731827_132411680177871_564550_842503561_n.jpg
    536394_263538773731827_132411680177871_564550_842503561_n.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 38

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
BD have reached the finals, yes, these have been flat tracks and the toss has been an all important factor in each of the matches. The side batting second has won the game in almost all matches, barring the first one.

Taking nothing away from BD for reaching the finals, however,they ought to not get over-whelmed by he fact. The last time they were in a final ,they almost pulled off an upset. In fact, they had SRL reling at 5-6 in pursuit of 156.

Where is that so called GREAT CAPTAINCY that we saw of Jaya in Australia?

HE is now even paid :rolleyes

I have said it before, getting him [Jaya] back was not a wise decision. They should have continued with a younger person-maybe like Angelo or Tharanga.

cricket_icon

International Cricketer
I will be the devil's advocate here and point out something which has been mentioned by the commentators quite a few times, and that is, it gets really easy to score runs in the second innings.... and BNG has always batted in the second innings.

1st ODI - Pak vs BNG - BNG comes really close to a 260+ score
2nd ODI - Ind vs SL - SL were going great guns to chase 300 until some batting errors
3rd ODI - Ind vs BNG - BNG scored 290 in a chase
4th ODI - SL vs Pak - Pak cruised to 190 inside 40 overs
5th ODI - Pak vs Ind - Ind cruised to 330 with two overs remaining
6th ODI - SL vs BNG - BNG cruised to 210 inside 38 overs

Side batting second has won on 4 occasions and the other two they were always in the hunt.... so I think as BNG have benefited with batting last on all their matches they have had an added advantage.

This is a very important point. Batting second all but guarantees a win in these conditions. The pitch just gets better to bat on, with it being very good in the first place anyway.
If Misbah wins the toss, he has to bowl first, it really is as simple as that.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
If Misbah wins the toss, he has to bowl first, it really is as simple as that.

Strategically that would put BD out of the game. Going by their history, BD are good chasers,poor defenders and they have defeated big teams by chasing only.

v India 2007, 2012
v SAF 2007
v SRL 2012
v Aus 2005

Their gameplan,I believe is to chase. In case their bowling falters as it did during the first match of the 2011 WC, then they will be in deep trouble.

Additonally,the tournament has been good, but I would have loved to see something in the pitch for everyone. Not simply flat tracks whihc I am sure were constructed for the BPL.

Paki007

Panel of Selectors
although we batted well in the last match but generally our batting sucks if their bowlers do well then game could go their way as their batting is in good form but still they need to come up with a better plan against ajmal.

Last edited:

BKB1991

Panel of Selectors
The doubt is that we are not good chasers but given the situation, it might be favourable for us to chase. Interesting to see what happens if we win the toss

Users who are viewing this thread