Australia A & NZ A Tour of India

Cameron was the best of the bowlers, I think Geeves has dropped down the peaking order in this tour. Doherty took his first hammering of the tour as the India batters finally came to the party. I wonder what difference Tait would have made today.

Yeah, I think Tait would have been interesting, but that said, the batsmen were able to do the job that had been lacking from India A all series. At least Aus A can bring Tait back, while India A won't get Badrinath; though it must be said that Aus A have already lost Bollinger and Siddle through a similar calling. Seems like they aren't keen to drop Voges, but it'd be nice to see how young Forrest handles the Indians. Doherty and White are running neck and neck in the bowling, but after yesterday, they'll both have to do something extra to have an effect on the final.

India very rarely wins the final of a series involving more than two teams. Its been engraved in our blood. Damn!

Shame for Hughes he was going so well and looking like he'll make that debut 50 on tour in the final. Not to be but a timely knock by Ronchi followed with the in form Hussey. White was good with the bat and did pretty well with the ball too. If Symonds isn't in the ODI side then I would be tempted to move White to 5 rather than move Mike.
Voges finally strikes some form in the final game, took him a while but no better time to remind the selectors than the final game.

Bowling wise Geeves got the early wickets but was expensive. Cameron again in good form, things are looking up for NSW and Tait in decent form.
Noffke really should see his performance on this tour to see why he wasn't picked in the squad for India.

Not so sure about the economies in this one, India A clearly didn't bat sustainably. I mean sure, Geeves and Noffke went for 72 in their collective 10 overs, but they also got wickets 2, 3, 5, 6 and 7, all inside the first 20 overs.

Noffke was reasonably good overall. He can be well justified in asking why Siddle jumped the queue. I mean we'll all admit Siddle has the talent, but that doesn't mean it was an obvious call.

Well fair enough hes justified in asking with his season he had but I have no problem with the selectors move based on what I've seen of Noffke in India stretching from the IPL to this tour.

Well our future also looks bleak against Aussies. When will they start being competitive in ODI against them :mad:

They just needed a better top order. Dhawan would have been interesting, but he hurt his thumb and was out of the squad. I'm sure Uthappa's played better against better teams, but he might not be an ideal opener. They would also have expected more from Asnodkar. Most teams can't really afford to have both openers failing, you can rarely just bring in two more. I guess Raina and Sharma could have been more dominant, but they did their jobs. As for the future in bowling, well any of the quick bowlers aged 20-25 I can think of have been picked for India, not India A, so the current ones pretty much are the future.

Wow Nathan McCullum ripped through India A. Must be a good track for the spinners. Redmond is off to a good start and Watling seems steady. I hope these guys can make some runs. We have an opening problem in our National side, so these players stepping up will be nice. I also wanna see runs from Fulton and Marshal as the experienced players and now's a good time for Hay to show what he's capable of.

Ashok Dinda and Suresh Raina star in the victory, fascinating stuff. The former known only for his IPL bowling and the latter moreso for his performances in OD cricket. This certainly gives credence to the BCCI's theory of using limited overs performances for 4 and 5 day match selections - a policy that I vehemently disagree with, especially in the case of Dinda who has a poor FC record to start with. The talent is certainly there with Dinda and surely he can be quite successful on seaming wickets or swinging conditions. It is interesting how the BCCI has backed him and it is interesting how they view him in comparison to Praveen Kumar (absolute beast with the new ball in FC cricket), VRV Singh (takes his wickets at 200wickets per hour, bowling at 85mph) or Manpreet Gony (similar to Dinda as IPL find with poor FC record).

As for Raina, his FC performances have been promising as he and Kaif spearheaded the UP batting to take them to the Ranji Trophy final. I hope the two be pushed well into Test contention as their credentials far outweigh those of a Rohit Sharma.

Guys, has this finished? Going on the first post, it has, so I've unstickied it.

Second Test of India A Vs New Zealand A starts tomorrow;). RP Singh and Ganguly both expected to play as match practice for the Test series.

Users who are viewing this thread