Australia A & NZ A Tour of India

Well done IndiaA, polished the score off reasonably easily. We needed to score more runs up front. Good knocks from Fulton, Broom and a handy knock from Elliot (maybe one of these needed to go on and get more) but not enough from the others. Lots of 1's and 0's obviously not many partnerships.

Elliot could have bowled a bit more I think. But really, 167 isn't much to defend with.

Good stuff India. Great to see more runs for Badrinath and that Kumar, Chawla and Pathan (who all should be) are getting wickets and keeping it tight. Dhawal Kulkarni's failure underlines the ludicrousy of his selection but what are ya going to do, eH?

Fulton certainly is in some good form, hes scoring runs everywhere. Broom had a good Emerging series comp and it looks like hes continuing it here.

Gillespie again going well he is another looking good for a recall to the NZ ODI side. One of India's big guns fired in Badrinath, still yet to see some of the current Indian batters fire though.

In the wake of a strong era of NZ cricket, they really seem like they've got some players of the future. Broom and Fulton have been playing knocks that will get them selected. Badrinath too, even though it was not so fast, it was a very even tempered innings for the conditions, without being overly slow. I mean, at this level, players can win lots of matches by slowly dragging the team to 230-250, but you don't really want those guys in the national side, which is what the A side is about.

Match not started yet. Maybe its day nighter or its raining like its been here for last 2 days.

Yusuf Pathan with a biiiggg score. 305 to chase, Money's on India. Will need something special from Fulton and Broom again probably.

the rain has stopped the match.could have been interesting to see whether the nz top order fired or not.

Just way too much of a total for NZ A in the end with no one making that 100 needed. That was an amazing effort by Yusuf Pathan to score that many runs in the lower order.

Raina also pushed his claim showing his bowling skills but hasn't done as much with the bat.

Yeah, we got lots of early wickets, but Yusuf single handedly powered them up to 305 himself. On the day he was just better.

It's hard with no commentary, but it seems like NZ A just had no heat after the new ball and I guess with 3 run outs, the batsmen were flattering them. The innings was fairly stable after that initial horror, with a run rate around 5 and only the wicket of Rohit Sharma fell between the 12th and 44th overs. Going by the partnerships, it seems like Yusuf Pathan wasn't in top gear until the end. The death bowlers were truly carted, the final partnership scored 75 in 6 overs.

NZ A really struggled to play a role in the game. They haven't had a dominant performance from an opener all series and while Guptill and Watling are young, Redmond really doesn't seem like a good choice for a limited overs team. The openers have between them scored 85 in 2 matches each; interestingly, Greg Hay is yet to get a game. Clearly finding openers is of great importance, but none of these guys appear to cut it right now and Plan B should definitely be on the table, not just for NZ A in the short term, but NZ in general.

Finding true positives isn't easy, with the international players doing most of the work. Mark Gillespie got the best of Aus A on a lively wicket, but doesn't quite hold his composure on flatter ones. James Marshall continues to be an incomplete package. As good as he is, Peter Fulton's struggle to get into the NZ side is amazing, but I'd also like to see more of Neil Broom. Getting something from just one new guy is probably enough, I guess. We'll just have to see how this one pans out for NZ A.

Yusuf murders ordinary bowling like anything. :p

Why not? You cannot punish him for the speed of his innings being too fast, surely.

Users who are viewing this thread