Australia A & NZ A Tour of India

Economy usually is a good measure and with the commentary from cricinfo. Noffke is continuing to struggle in India, didn't look comfortable during the IPL and wasn't that great during the Tour matches. Can also add the fact he struggles in the OD format in general too.

Doherty was looking good early on including the wicket of Guptil, lost his line in his last over. Still hes the best of the OD spinners we have going around, hopefully his second spell will see him regain his line.

We have Patel and McCullum so hopefully there is some assistance for the spinners and we're not just playing them poorly. Pretty good so far. Fulton's in good form, has scored runs all the way through. God sign.

Marshall played a cameo, but White was surprisingly hard to score off. Bollinger has been the star, too frustrating for Fulton and with NZ A trying to rebuild, Aus A might even be able to prevent 250.

Good knock from Fulton, he and Broom have carried their form. I'm hoping Forrest when given the chance carries his form too. Impressive stuff by Bollinger, he certainly is loving the Indian conditions and hes now pushing for an ODI berth with this form.

Doherty gets Eliott stumped, hes looking good today. I hope the selectors are taking note as we have our ODI spinner right here.

White has out-bowled Doherty, though. Both Doherty's wickets have come with the batsman facing 1 ball off him and then taking a very premature risk. He got nailed by Marshall though, who White was much better against.

Now there's another wicket to him and it's very much through poor batting.

angryangy added 10 Minutes and 27 Seconds later...

Don't get me wrong though, it's been a good team effort to put the brakes on after being pumped in the first half of the innings. Doherty hasn't bowled badly and has reaped the rewards of tidy spells from several bowlers. White can now pick whoever he wants to wrap things up in the last 4 overs.

Doherty first 2 wickets were through good bowling. The one that got Elliott is similar to how Vettori gets some of our guys by deceiving them in flight with a bit of turn. White's only wicket was from a slog and it was caught just before the rope, I would be giving the points to Doherty but still a much better bowling effort from White.

Bad collapse, disappointing. 250-280 would have been defend-able with our bowling. Sounds like a good track. Maybe there's some spin and 230 something will be enough. Doubt it though

I reckon you guys have a decent enough total. Our batters have proven to be fragile on this tour so far so never know. David Hussey will certainly help though. Both our spinners have got turn and when White gets it to turn you know their is some help.

Doherty first 2 wickets were through good bowling. The one that got Elliott is similar to how Vettori gets some of our guys by deceiving them in flight with a bit of turn. White's only wicket was from a slog and it was caught just before the rope, I would be giving the points to Doherty but still a much better bowling effort from White.
Yeah, a good ball is a good ball, but a guy with a good strike rate can stand to defend the straight ones rather than get out to them.

What the hell was Shaun Tait doing... lol

Hughes and Ronchi will take Australia to the target easily...

Yeah, a good ball is a good ball, but a guy with a good strike rate can stand to defend the straight ones rather than get out to them.

Yea that's true.

Hughes started so well but out to a peach of a ball it seems. It's a shame as hes done that a bit this tour with the starts but not being able to convert. Anyway good learning curve for him, hopefully he can convert in one of the next few games.

Great start by Ronchi so far and the Aussies are going at over 9 an over!

It's been a real worry how bad our batting has been over here. Voges in particular has been out of form. Doesn't help when you go in with 6 batters and Noffke just isn't clicking with bat or ball.
Good knock from White though, this is the form he showed for the A side a few years back where he played the stabilizing knock. Only problem no one wants to stick around with him.

Yikes, 3 to Mark Gillespie, that's a day you want to forget.

He's not a bad one day bowler by any means. He's just inconsistent. When he's in rhythm he can bowl mid 140's and can swing it.

Sounds to me like a few of the decisions went our way. Hussey notably. The bowling doesn't sounds like it was very accurate at times.

What a thrashing. 129 runs. Never expected that.

Looks like we might have to bite the bullet and drop Voges for Bailey who looks in much better form. I would bring in Forrest for one of the bowlers if we want to start winning some games.

Users who are viewing this thread