Australia A & NZ A Tour of India

In case anybody is wondering, Jaydev Shah is the son of BCCI's secretary Niranjan Shah. That's why he's there. If you have a look, his domestic record is none too impressive.

And NZ A matches against Queensland

1st Match
Solid Energy NZ A: 301/6 declared (Fulton 83, Marshall 59, Young 61no; Cutting 2/25)

2nd Match
Solid Energy New Zealand A (263/6: Guptill 57, Broom 64; McDermott 2/32; Rimmington 2/47) defeated Queensland XI (229 all out: Broad 72; Gillespie 4/31 Mason 3/45) by 36 runs.

3rd Match
Solid Energy NZ A (270/6: Fulton 139; Swards 2/51) defeated Queensland Bulls (260/6: Carseldine 102; Nye 48) by four runs.

From cricinfo and black caps
NZ A seem to be about where you'd expect. Qld aren't a great side without their elite players, though maybe NZ A should have been able to handle a 17 year old better. Craig McDermott's son Alister had a pretty decent bowl in the second match. Also good to see Luke Swards might finally have found a first class side.

I do wonder how they would have gone with just some of their usual players. Not having Hopes and Noffke would have hurt them but still very good effort to push NZ A that close especially that last game.

Good to see Fulton in the runs. We need up and coming middle order players

Selectors won't be happy with how the A tour turned out. The injuries aside, Bollinger, Krejza and possibly McGain missed a chance to shine.
I hope the OD series doesn't produce these wet outfields as it looks like it'll be a cracker.

the india A team is full of batsmen....wonder why gony hasnt been picked.

Finally back into some A's cricket.

I'm predicting Australia A will go with
Phillip Hughes
Luke Ronchi (wk)
Adam Voges
Cameron White (capt)
Marcus North
George Bailey
Peter Forrest
Ashley Noffke
Doug Bollinger
Brett Geeves
Shaun Tait
Backup Ryan Harris, Peter Siddle, Xavier Doherty

I would say all 7 batters will be getting a decent run this series with White, Voges and North to share a set of 10 overs between them.

That's a really strong side. Australia A will be hard to beat today. NZ have a decent bowling attack with Gillespie, Mason, Elliot and Patel all recent international performers. I think if we have issues, it will be with the bat.

Last edited:
You know with series like this that they're not just going to pick the best side for 5 matches, so there aren't many guarantees on what the first team will be. They've got seven bowlers and seven batsmen, so I think they'll strive to get as many bowlers in the side as they can. Hopefully that doesn't result in Harris or Noffke playing at six because they're not one-day all-rounders.

And ye, 5 bowlers for Aus A. Fulton elects to bat, slow start but the captain is trying to push it.

NZ A
AJ Redmond
MJ Guptill
PG Fulton (c)
JAH Marshall
NT Broom
GD Elliott
RA Young (wk)
BE Scott
NL McCullum
MR Gillespie
JS Patel

AUS A
L Ronchi (wk)
PJ Hughes
DJ Hussey
AC Voges
CL White (c)
MJ North
AA Noffke
XJ Doherty
PM Siddle
SW Tait
DE Bollinger

Did have a feeling they might go with 5 bowlers and play Noffke as the all rounder. Certainly wasn't expecting David Hussey to be there but he'll add more strength and more batting depth.

Good start from Bollinger but NZ have settled in nicely now. Not the greatest return for Tait, Siddle has managed 2 maidens.

It's hard to tell what's been good bowling. Basically, Fulton has played with class (seriously, is this not one of NZ's best 3 or 4 batsmen?), but Guptil clearly wasn't able to match it.

The spinners now look like they're going to settle in for a while, but they need two or three wickets and there could be a few changes coming up.

Users who are viewing this thread