Australia A & NZ A Tour of India

McGain should have always been chosen before Casson, he hasnt played that long so he isnt physically ruined. Im sure if he did well for the Aussies at true test level he would play into his 40's.. if not Denmark can have him back :p

Surprise surprise, Dhawal Kulkarni is playing, what a pile of rubbish.

Surprise surprise, Dhawal Kulkarni is playing, what a pile of rubbish.

I know, absolute joke! Praveen Kumar, VRV Singh or heck, even Trivedi would have been far better options. The hope of India A to win this match on the bowling front must be Piyush Chawla and to a lesser extent, Sudeep Tyagi.

It is a shame that Badrinath didn't get runs as it probably gives the selectors an excuse to ignore him, unless he scores runs in the other three innings of the 3 day series. Kohli is showing that despite having far too many doors opened, in my opinion, for his entry into the Indian team, he is a talent and a big prospect. And then there is Mohammad Kaif; everybody thought he was finished after disasterously floundering for India A last season, but he bounced back in a big way in the Ranji Trophy and Duleep Trophy and here he is, 68 off 148 balls against Australia A with a potential spot open in the middle order for him in the upcoming Test series.

The hope of India A to win this match on the bowling front must be Piyush Chawla and to a lesser extent, Sudeep Tyagi.

Nah, you're underestimating Vinay Kumar, he is class, and I really hope he will come good.

Interesting that McGain got the call to bowl before Casson who only has 1 over. Katich ain't doing his NSW buddy any favours but great to see McGain being a hit. This will definitely have him on the tour and probably over take Casson.

I'm confused?:what?

I thought A Squad was filled with kids, But wait a second! Both teams look like international teams..

Apologies for not watching the matches and successfully not wasting my time..

Another wicket for Bollinger, loving his form atm could be a bolter for the Aussie squad as the backup paceman.

Parmar's a beast on ICC2008. His record in FC cricket in real life isn't half bad until now.

Last edited:
I'm confused?:what?

I thought A Squad was filled with kids, But wait a second! Both teams look like international teams..

Apologies for not watching the matches and successfully not wasting my time..
The A teams are not kids, they are supposed to be the "2nd team" or basically the pool of players who are in national contention given an injury or something. The "kids" are junior cricketers like Under-17, Under-19, Under-21, etc.

Parmar and Chawla getting it done after our top order failed with the bat.

Yeah, the A side is simply the set of players who the selectors would consider for national selection either immediately or soon. That they're often young is no coincidence, because selectors aren't terribly interested in players who are too old to put up a career.

With 6 players aged 20 or younger I'd say India A is not too far from being filled with kids, though.

That was a bad end to the days play. Katich really needed to push on as did North. Good knock so far from Bailey but our bowler heavy side is starting to come and bite us now.

Congrats to Bollinger on his 4 fer, that goes on the back of his 5 fers he did last season in Pakistan (I think).

Oh crap both McGain and Casson are injured.
http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,24294214-23212,00.html
This is feeling like another season of injuries for a team I support.

With 6 players aged 20 or younger I'd say India A is not too far from being filled with kids, though.
Yup, which is why I said 'A' sides are "supposed" to be as I defined them. India does not have a stable 'A' team nor any respect for players in their mid-20's. If you want to play for India, you have to be in the selector's eyes way early. For a chance later, you would have to have had the early focus, which is why Kaif is still in the reckoning.

Bailey didn't last long but we are off to a much better start after following on. Hughes is starting to show his talent, hopefully he can strike yet another FC 50.

Users who are viewing this thread