Australia A & NZ A Tour of India

Not surprising it's a spinner causing problems. But much better effort this time, just need to turn getting out for 50 into 100s. North and Bailey are certainly pressing their claim as backup batsmen along with David Hussey and Katich.

Being a 3 day game, a result was no certainty after losing 30 overs to rain. India A really needed to declare at about 200 to ensure time enough to take 20 wickets, but they needed the extra 80 runs to be able to enforce the follow on in the first place.

They should really make these four day matches - put some possibility for result.

And great batting from Kaif, I hope this is the stepping stone for his international comeback. As for Badrinath, it's a pity - i really hope he hammers the bowling in the matches to come.

Bryce McGain MUST play against India. Hes 35 (?) but he still has bit of cricket left in him IMO. And he is clearly the best spinner in Australia at the moment. I heard his shoulder pulled up sore after the game, but he should be right for the test matches? well I really hope so.

Maybe Dave Hussey come in for Roy ? 2 Vics in the test team:eek::) GO Vics!!!!

Looks like de ju vu of the first inns of the previous match for Aus A. Top order out quickly after Katich got a start. Was hoping for more from Hughes and Voges again continues to disappoint. The form batter North has another chance to push his claim.

Krejza has a chance to push his claim, McGain again in the side just don't know if hes going to bowl.

Day 2 washed out:mad:

Katich might as well declare the first thing tomorrow. No one can win this , there is no point batting. Just let Mcgain/Bollinger get few more overs under the belt before the test matches (assuming Mcgain is fit to bowl).

The guys deserve maybe 20 overs to hustle some runs, but yeah it's the Aussie bowlers and indeed India's batsmen whose performances will be most important.

What's going on with this wet outfield? Looks like India need some of our ground staff to get their drainage system right.
Anyway definitely agree that we need to declare soon, Bollinger will be pushing his claim for backup paceman. Krejza will be looking to make the most of 1 inns but highly unlikely he'll be able to make enough of an impact to warrant selection in the tour squad.

India A squad for tri-series: S Badrinath(capt), Suresh Raina, Robin Uthappa, Swapnil Asnodkar, Rohit Sharma, Dinesh Karthik (wk), Abhishek Nayar, Irfan Pathan, Praveen Kumar, Dhawal Kulkarni, Piyush Chawla, Ravi Teja, Yusuf Pathan, Jaydev Shah, Wriddhiman Saha

And NZ A matches against Queensland

1st Match
Solid Energy NZ A: 301/6 declared (Fulton 83, Marshall 59, Young 61no; Cutting 2/25)

2nd Match
Solid Energy New Zealand A (263/6: Guptill 57, Broom 64; McDermott 2/32; Rimmington 2/47) defeated Queensland XI (229 all out: Broad 72; Gillespie 4/31 Mason 3/45) by 36 runs.

3rd Match
Solid Energy NZ A (270/6: Fulton 139; Swards 2/51) defeated Queensland Bulls (260/6: Carseldine 102; Nye 48) by four runs.

From cricinfo and black caps

Users who are viewing this thread