Australia and Pakistan in UAE

Well Done Pakistan although Batsmen had done everything to ruin a very good bowling performance. I think Pak should have tried to dominate. Malik and misbah played a bit too slowly. Its not often a team gets a chance to mentally scar aussies. Pak should have done that. We should play Sohail in next match in place of Rao. He will add some stability to otherwise a very long tail.
As far as Australia are concerned they have to learn how to play spin. Afridi is no warne and ajmal is no murali but Aussie batsmen seemed to think otherwise. Their disability to play spinner at all was what cost them IMO. With worldcup taking place in India and Sri Lanka Australia must learn to play spin if they want to remain the champions.

On a slightly different aspect I'm surprised that theAussies are allowed to have Victoria Bitter plastered across their shirt fronts.

David Hussey's a better player of spin then Callum Ferguson, hence why he should be in the side. Hussey's even been regarded in Australian domestic cricket as the best player of spin. Hussey also bowls and Ferguson doesn't. Unless you're going to pick Ferguson as a top-4 batsman then he is a virtually useless selection because the batsman that bat 6-7 need to be able to bowl a bit.

David Hussey's a better player of spin then Callum Ferguson, hence why he should be in the side. Hussey's even been regarded in Australian domestic cricket as the best player of spin. Hussey also bowls and Ferguson doesn't. Unless you're going to pick Ferguson as a top-4 batsman then he is a virtually useless selection because the batsman that bat 6-7 need to be able to bowl a bit.

Dussey bowling is hardly enough to cover his poor batting form at this level. Plus with Symonds back there is less need for his bowling. As for his batting against spin he like the rest of the Aussie batters struggled against both SA spinners so I hardly doubt he will fix anything.

Cricinfo on facebook said:

Cricinfo is not wondering whether the Australians have a weakness against spin bowling. They just have a problem against part-timers and rookies.

Sure - but I don't think anyone's advocating the throwing of matches. It's just that 3-2 is usually an indicator of good, competitive cricket.

North has replaced Marsh, I wonder if he will get any game time this time round. He should seeing how he is being plucked out of County cricket.

I'm not surprised this is happening.

What on Earth Australia were thinking in dropping Hayden from ODI, I don't know. I know hindsight is always 20/20 but I predicted this happening. He was still striking the ball great in his last few tests, its just he wasn't keeping still and taking too many stupid risks. I agreed with them taking him out for tests, but they never should of pulled the pin on his career.

A veteran player is what they are missing right now.

They're not exactly missing guys who can score hundreds, but they are missing guys who do score hundreds.

who hopes for their opponent to win matches?

Well I was putting all the emphasis on the 3-2 part. There is no way Pakistan can win 4-1 or 5-0. Also, I usually support West Indies, when they're playing Pakistan, anyways you got the point Sir.

usy added 3 Minutes and 47 Seconds later...

They're not exactly missing guys who can score hundreds, but they are missing guys who do score hundreds.

Logically aren't the guys who "can" score the ones actually "do"? yeah not allways but still. Don't make sense to me.

usy added 1 Minutes and 5 Seconds later...

usy does...

thats how i roll dawg! PS. Australia lawst, so lol at your cricket team, LOL.

Users who are viewing this thread