Australia and Pakistan in UAE

I thought Clarke was a better player of spin...

And Clarke really looked in a whole lot of problems against Akhtar, but that was back in 2004/05.

Afridi in that VB Series was really in top form - he fought the Australians fire with fire, coming in at usually #8, he took them on. He saved us about 3-4 times from 100 odd for 7 down and took us to something like 180ish quite a few times in that series. And who could forget his one handed six against Dwayne Bravo...

Or the 150 metre (exaggeration) six against Andrew Symonds at the WACA.

Took McGrath and Lee both on, and comfortably won the battle on almost all occasions.
it is exaggeration cos it was probably more than that

You're saying that six was more than 150 m? Hmm

If the ball was able to come down it might have been longer, but the ball never went down, it went straight up and hit the stand - it wasn't able to reach its highest point lol

Australia Should Stick with Haddin as an opener. He has done well there imo. Wastson should come in at six or seven like a Razzaq or Cairns. Too much of disturbance at top order can really hurt the overall balance of the team. Australia should learn a thing or two from the way pakistan has maddled time and again with there top order and how the team has suffered?

Well Ponting sees Marsh and Watson as our WC openers so hard to see them not going with them for this series. But I would prefer Haddin as he has shown he can lift the tempo when needed. Marsh needs to score faster he was a bit slow for my liking just before his injury.

Well Ponting sees Marsh and Watson as our WC openers so hard to see them not going with them for this series. But I would prefer Haddin as he has shown he can lift the tempo when needed. Marsh needs to score faster he was a bit slow for my liking just before his injury.

What about Warner :mad: he will be playing the middle ?? Ponting has lost his sense

It's a bit weird with Marsh, he has played some amazing lofted drives in T20s that he just seems to shelve in one dayers. Maybe the boundary length gets a bit intimidating, but if you hit them that straight, it's not like there's going to be a fielder under it. He could take a leaf out of Haddin's book and just go for it.

angryangy added 4 Minutes and 55 Seconds later...

I'm not convinced about Watson opening against Gul and Akhtar, followed by Tanvir or Rao.
I'm not convinced about Akhtar opening against Watson.

LOL @ zMario taking Tanvir or Rao seriously.

It's a bit weird with Marsh, he has played some amazing lofted drives in T20s that he just seems to shelve in one dayers. Maybe the boundary length gets a bit intimidating, but if you hit them that straight, it's not like there's going to be a fielder under it. He could take a leaf out of Haddin's book and just go for it.

Agree for all his hype from the IPL he really has failed to live up to that hype. Definitely needs to back himself with his more aggressive shots.

Well, what is the result of the warm-up match that Pakistan played?

I'm actually looking forward to this. I hope

• Afridi blasts a few 100's
  • Akhtar is bowling 155+
  • Australia wins the series

I could write a big long list about the Australian's and how I want each of them to perform, but won't waste the time.

I believe only one thing of your wish list can come true.

Are you serious? Warner? He's a hit and miss player who needs to keep playing domestic cricket. He's no where near consistent in the domestics...

I like Dave Warner. He's just the kind of player that would work well at the top alongside Watson. He's not going to average over 40 in ODi cricket, but he'll play some massive innings if he gets going. Shane Watson's a legend as well, so he should open with Warner. Symonds needs to come back in ahead of Ferguson as well, I didn't think the Australian side from the SA ODi series was too impressive at all tbh, nowhere near as strong as previous sides.

Users who are viewing this thread