Australia and Pakistan in UAE

I think Akmal has improved considerably, not as bad as Haddin.

And Haddin hasn't done a 39/6 yet, has he :cool:

i disagree, Akmal has not improved, he's gotten worse.

The Afghan Pakistan born wicketkeeper >> Kamran Akmal

Did the practice match of Pakistan already happen?

Not long to go... 3 more days.

Clarke seemed positive about the series, said we're playing Pakistan in a long time - Pakistan and Australia have not played each other since February 2005.

Also, hypothetically speaking, if Australia were to lose 2-0 with 3 matches to play, would the Australian selectors make an SOS call for Ponting, like they did earlier this year I believe?

Or is Clarke pretty much screwed if he loses 3-4 matches in a row.

Australia's priority are the Ashes, not Pakistan. So I don't think Ponting will be called up in that scenario.

Now that I've seen the schedule, the ODI series will be quickly over. It will only last 11 days. And there was supposed to be a Twenty20, but I don't see it here in the schedule: Cricinfo - Australia v Pakistan ODI Series, 2009 - Fixtures

I've got a feeling that cricinfo's attention is on the IPL and not to this series. Early on, they didn't have the Australian squad right on this page: Cricinfo - Pakistan v Australia 2009

But that seems to be fixed now. If Australia is smart they drop David Hussey and include the in form player Ferguson.

I've got a feeling that Shahid Afridi won't contribute much with the bat. Hopefully he proves me wrong.

Afridi always performs against the big dogs, England, India, and Australia.

I expect 5 100s, all coming below 50 balls. :D

I need to wake up :p

Can't see any SOS this series to the rested players, they will be back in Aus so it not as easy this time.

Ponting has said he would go back to the Marsh and Watson opening partnership but what happens is up to Clarke.

I'm not convinced about Watson opening against Gul and Akhtar, followed by Tanvir or Rao.

Don't see him lasting too long, might need to keep Haddin up there instead.

Why was Marsh not playing in South Africa?

I'm not convinced about Watson opening against Gul and Akhtar, followed by Tanvir or Rao.

Don't see him lasting too long, might need to keep Haddin up there instead.

Why was Marsh not playing in South Africa?

Injured his Hamstring playing in one of the ODIs against New Zealand.

with afridi you can rely on him to make an impact with at least 1 of his roles,
be it bowling,batting or fielding.

even if he fails with 1 he will 90% deliver and make up for the 1st failure

gambino added 0 Minutes and 45 Seconds later...

i still remember the beating he dished out to many bowlers during the 2004 vb series.

might not have hit 6-7 centuries but made a big impact anyhow.

I thought Clarke was a better player of spin...

And Clarke really looked in a whole lot of problems against Akhtar, but that was back in 2004/05.

Afridi in that VB Series was really in top form - he fought the Australians fire with fire, coming in at usually #8, he took them on. He saved us about 3-4 times from 100 odd for 7 down and took us to something like 180ish quite a few times in that series. And who could forget his one handed six against Dwayne Bravo...

Or the 150 metre (exaggeration) six against Andrew Symonds at the WACA.

Took McGrath and Lee both on, and comfortably won the battle on almost all occasions.

Users who are viewing this thread