Australia and Pakistan in UAE

Guys i think Hughes will be alive till the world cup so why is everyone has forgot him??
My side for the world cup will be :

Marsh
Hughes
Ponting (cap)
Clarke
Symonds
M.Hussey
Haddin (wk)
Watson
Johnson
Lee
Siddle
12th man : Bracken.

Cricinfo probables

Australia (probable) 1 Shaun Marsh, 2 Shane Watson, 3 Brad Haddin (wk), 4 Michael Clarke (capt), 5 Andrew Symonds, 6 David Hussey, 7 Callum Ferguson, 8 Nathan Hauritz, 9 Stuart Clark, 10 Nathan Bracken, 11 Ben Laughlin.

Pakistan (probable) 1 Salman Butt, 2 Nasir Jamshed, 3 Younis Khan, 4 Misbah-ul-Haq, 5 Shoaib Malik, 6 Shahid Afridi, 7 Kamran Akmal (wk), 8 Sohail Tanvir, 9 Umar Gul, 10 Shoaib Akhtar, 11 Saeed Ajmal.

Look about spot on although I would expect Ben Hilfenhaus to replace Laughlin. Ferguson probably up to 6 leaving Dussey to do the hitting.

As for the stadium looks to be a real good background to play in. Will have to see what it looks like from the cricket stadium.

I would personaly prefer Ferguson batting higher than 7, defiently above Dussey, maybe even above Symonds. I'll be interested to see how Symonds performs and if the selectors will pick him after this series even if his performances are below par.

I can't wait for this to begin! Finally some good cricket action for Pakistan. Even though Australia does not have some star players, they are still an awesome team...the replacements are not bad either...Watson, Symonds, Marsh can be a handful for Pakistan. I would have loved it if Brett Lee was also playing.

I won't be surprised if we lose this series because our bowlers are new and very inexperienced and also we don't have many star players.

It's pretty annoying. The match was supposed to start at 12:30 GMT and it's now 13:00 GMT. Anyway, Australia has won the toss and will bat. I would like to see what the batting orders are from both teams.

I believe Marsh is opening with somebody else.

Here is something from cricinfo:

2.57 pm: The crowd's built up. Huge cheers for the 'home team' as they walk out. The Australian openers follow. Marsh will face, Gul will start proceedings for Pakistan. All set!

But who is the other opener?

In the cricinfo lineup box they had Haddin with Watson down at 6. Confirmed via our live scoring system. Aus have 3 runs after 5 balls both openers off the mark.

It's Marsh and Haddin opening. :rolleyes:

Already one over is over and cricinfo has yet to start the commentary.

If you have the live scoring skin on you can get the scores, no commentary though. Ahktar is bowling at the other end.

Users who are viewing this thread