Australia and Pakistan in UAE

vaibhav mehta

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I must say, Roy is simply a legend. Great innings and as i am writing this he got edged over the slips. :p

EDIT: I jinxed him. :D

vaibhav mehta added 2 Minutes and 48 Seconds later...

He hasn't quite enjoyed leg spin so much, but he will look to take on Afridi regardless.

Ah, probably we jinxed him. :D

ali_ed2001

Club Cricketer
I'm sure Symonds will score big in the remainder of the series, he always does something big against Pakistan.

See I knew it. Andrew Symonds loves the Pakistani bowling! I'm afraid he's found his form back and this could be trouble for Pakistan in next 3 matches.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
With Symonds return to form Dussey career could be over. Interesting move opening with Hopes I would have thought it would be better going with Watson and Haddin who I would consider long term opener options. But Hopes batting has coming along nicely of late so who knows he might be our long term opener now.

Good bowling by Bollinger, most economical bowler and he was on debut.

usy

Chairman of Selectors
I actually enjoyed this match more then the last, even though we lost it, it was much more exciting and i watched it till the end.

1-1
Series ON!

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Well i said that in my last post that Pakistan should have dominated the first match and we should have tried to win it convincingly. But we batted poorly in first match and carried the poor form to our next match. You just cant afford to play such cricket against any good team. Batsmen played as if bombs were being bowled at them. Our batsmen looked afraid of Aussie bowling. Unless we see some aggression in batting I see us going down 4-1

GOD's LION

School Cricketer
I actually enjoyed this match more then the last, even though we lost it, it was much more exciting and i watched it till the end.

1-1
Series ON!
But i think in first match Afridi was in great form in bowling and in second match he was in form bat and in next match :p:p:p

ali_ed2001

Club Cricketer
Well i said that in my last post that Pakistan should have dominated the first match and we should have tried to win it convincingly. But we batted poorly in first match and carried the poor form to our next match. You just cant afford to play such cricket against any good team. Batsmen played as if bombs were being bowled at them. Our batsmen looked afraid of Aussie bowling. Unless we see some aggression in batting I see us going down 4-1

We need another batsman in our lineup. We're playing with 4 bowlers: Akhtar, Rao, Gul, Ajmal. Also Afridi is a bowling all rounder, he has scored in last 2 games but you cannot trust him with the bat. Rao needs to be replaced, if they don't have another replacement batsman, bring in Tanveer, he can bat a bit and is better bowler than Rao.

smssia0112

Chairman of Selectors
With Symonds return to form Dussey career could be over. Interesting move opening with Hopes I would have thought it would be better going with Watson and Haddin who I would consider long term opener options. But Hopes batting has coming along nicely of late so who knows he might be our long term opener now.

Good bowling by Bollinger, most economical bowler and he was on debut.
Even as a Victorian, I have been on the dropping Dussey bandwagon for quite a while. Hodge is way better anyway. It's time we tried out the team without either of the Husseys.

As for Symonds, meh. As long as he doesn't get back into the test team I'm happy.

slumdog_million

School Cricketer
Pakistan batting lineup suxxx

it shud be

1 Nasir Jamshed, 2 Shoaib Malik, 3 Yousuf Youhana (capt), 4 Misbah-ul-Haq , 5 Younis Khan, 6 Shahid Afridi, 7 Kamran Akmal, 8 Sohail Tanvir, 9 Umar Gul, 10 Mohd. Asif, 11 Saeed Ajmal.

salman butt must be dumped .. nasir jamshed would be for future

angryangy

ICC Chairman
Salman Butt is incomplete, but a talented player. In a lineup that often has a revolving door policy with regards to opening the batting, it's definitely the lesser of two evils to keep him there.

usy

Chairman of Selectors
Pakistan batting lineup suxxx

it shud be

1 Nasir Jamshed, 2 Shoaib Malik, 3 Yousuf Youhana (capt), 4 Misbah-ul-Haq , 5 Younis Khan, 6 Shahid Afridi, 7 Kamran Akmal, 8 Sohail Tanvir, 9 Umar Gul, 10 Mohd. Asif, 11 Saeed Ajmal.

salman butt must be dumped .. nasir jamshed would be for future

Jamshed is injured, and half of the players ain't even in the 15 man squad. n00b.

Anyways my lineup for the 3rd ODI.. here:

Salman Butt
Ahmed Shehzad
Younis Khan (c)
Shoaib Malik
Misbah-ul-Haq
Kamran Akmal
Yasir Arafat
Shahid Afridi
Shoaib Akhtar
Umar Gul
Saeed Ajmal/Fawad Alam

usy added 8 Minutes and 33 Seconds later...

Younus khan must learn from his mistakes he made in the second ODI, even though if Pakistan would have put 50 more runs on the total it would have been much harder for the Aussies, he should have let Ajmal and Afridi ball throughout.

Usually individual performances would word against a team like Australia, and having Rao in that slot is waste of space, instead they should either put Yasir Arafat, who is a better bowler and he can also bat. Even Sohail Tanvir is better then Rao, but I’m hoping he’ll play the T20 match againt the Aussies.

Also Pakistan should have noticed that Australians struggle against the spinners, so Younus should bowl atleast full 10 overs to both Afridi and Ajmal. It’s also time Malik started bowling more.

usy added 8 Minutes and 21 Seconds later...

Salman Butt is incomplete, but a talented player. In a lineup that often has a revolving door policy with regards to opening the batting, it's definitely the lesser of two evils to keep him there.

Butt does defiantly lack in something, and I?m also pretty sure he?s much better then openers like Imran Farhat, Yasir Hameed, Tafueq Umar. He's probably the best opening choice Pakistan has. Whereas Nasir Jamshed is a new player, and is inexperienced, so he needs abit of time to get hang of, needs to play more test cricket to be precise.

Last edited:

usy

Chairman of Selectors
He does seem to hae a dodgy action, and he did over use his doosra againt the Aussies, no wonder he got reported now.
3 pakistanis and 1 sri lankan umpire reported him.

Users who are viewing this thread